New To Playing Airsoft

Jack_Ranger_Games

Hi, my name is Dakota (Jack Ranger is a pseudonym I came up with in middle school and could never let go).

I discovered airsoft about two years ago through YouTube, and I've been wanting to pick it up for awhile. I've been more of a collector so far, and have been buying guns, uniforms and gear for about a year now, but I still haven't had an opportunity to play. I live in southern Indiana (Birdseye in Dubois county, to be specific), and don't know anybody who plays. I would like to actually get out there and play the sport I've spent so much money on. The only nearby field I know of is Silver Spur, and the one time I tried to play, they were closed due to bad weather. Can anybody recommend any other fields nearby, if any?

I would also like to know if there are any experienced players or teams willing to let me tag along for a game so that I can learn and make friends. I've been watching videos for awhile, and I think I understand most of the basics, but I understand that I don't know everything (I've even come across terms I don't understand yet on this forum). I would like to get some play time under my belt with someone who does know what they're doing, so that I can play a bit more confidently.

Thank you in advance for your advice and help.  I look forward to finally playing airsoft.

Sup

Definitely keep checking the Events section of the forum, you'll get all your information about upcoming games there. Idk if you have noticed yet, but having to drive at least 45min to get to a game is pretty common, so get used to that lol

As for the team thing, I know that SORT712 all lived near that area, but i'm not exactly sure if they still play or not. Hopefully one of them sees this and can offer you some help

As stated watch the event threads.. Find one and get out and play.  My team Impacts. hosts games in Bloomington.  And Spener Indiana.  There are a few fields in that area.  Games pop up from time to time all over the place.  Our next one will be Aces in Eights in Spencer Indiana.  If you can make it im sure there are plenty of players there willing to show you the ropes.

You might retry playing at Silver Spur, from what I see a group plays there fairly regularly.

There is tons of info and very knowledgeable players on these forums so take a look around and soak up as much as you can.

Welcome to the madhouse.

~Joker