8mm Gearbox??

Voodoo

On this A&K M60E4 im buying, it says it has an 8mm gearbox, you might think im stupid for asking, but does that mean I have to buy 8mm BBs? I already thought that it might just be the dimensions of the gearbox itself, but I just wanted to ask and make sure. Here is the link for the gun http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=31036 I know I can email the website, but for some reason it wont work, and I wanna order it soon, so if someone can just answer me, that would be awesome. Thanks ^_^

it means the bushings and bearings that hold the gears are 8mm. In theory the bigger the bearing the longer it will last. Older airsoft guns had 6MM bearings and bushings. It still shoots 6mm BBs

Thank you very much sir :) Now to place the order, oh yeah! I hope that gun is worth the money. Im buying a 9.6v battery that has 5000 mAh so I can play for a while. If im also buying a smart charger that only has a MINIMUM restriction of 1100 mAh but it doesnt list a MAXIMUM mAh restriction, would it still work? This is the battery http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=24454 Alright now this is the charger http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=24661 Just someone tell me if this combination of battery and charger will work, and if the charger could ruin the battery? Thanks again people.

I think (and correct me if I am wrong) you won't be fine on the battery and charger. Because your battery is so big it might take a long time to charge (2000 mah = 1 hour so 5000 mah = 2.5 hours). One of my friends owns one of these http://www.airsoftpo...oducts_id=27481 and I love it because its easy to use and takes little time to charge. In your case if you did purchase the charger I showed you, you just put the dial on 5.0 your battery should charge in one hour maybe even less.

Edit: If you need any help PM me but I am sure the adults are a lot more knowledgeable on batteries then me.

You want to be careful speed charging batteries. Speed charging is typically anything over 400-500 MaH. Seeing as how your charger is double that, I would be a little worried. The faster you charge a battery the quicker heat builds up inside the cells. Heat build up will lead to a lot of issues such as loss of capacity and possible rupture of the cells (worse case scenario).

Speed charging isn't bad occasionally but I would strongly suggest getting a slower 200-300 mah charger. Now bear in mind your charging time on a battery that large is going to be VERY LONG but if you plug it in the day before a game you should be more than okay.

****EDIT****

That number restriction isnt a restriction its a suggested charging speed for a battery of that size. For instance it says 0.9A for battery packs with capacity from 1100mAh -2200mAh. This means that for a battery pack with a mah rating between 1100-2200 charge it at 900 mah. You can use this charger on a 5000 mah with no issues other than the previously mentioned speed charging issues.

You are definitely going to need a high Mah battery, I'm running a 3300 mah battery right now and its running fine with my A&K M60e4 tho. I guess I can't compare mine to that one cuz mine isn't stock, in any case make sure the battery isn't in the left spot of the mag holder as it will switch the magazine from "on, off, or sound control" all the time, I ended up gluing my mag switch into the sound control position because of how painful it was to stop what i was doing and take the time to switch the mag from w/e to sound control again.

You want to be careful speed charging batteries. Speed charging is typically anything over 400-500 MaH. Seeing as how your charger is double that, I would be a little worried. The faster you charge a battery the quicker heat builds up inside the cells. Heat build up will lead to a lot of issues such as loss of capacity and possible rupture of the cells (worse case scenario).

Speed charging isn't bad occasionally but I would strongly suggest getting a slower 200-300 mah charger. Now bear in mind your charging time on a battery that large is going to be VERY LONG but if you plug it in the day before a game you should be more than okay.

****EDIT****

That number restriction isnt a restriction its a suggested charging speed for a battery of that size. For instance it says 0.9A for battery packs with capacity from 1100mAh -2200mAh. This means that for a battery pack with a mah rating between 1100-2200 charge it at 900 mah. You can use this charger on a 5000 mah with no issues other than the previously mentioned speed charging issues.

Ok, I understand what your saying. This charger however says that it has a heat sensing pad that tells when a battery gets hot, and it lets it cool down before charging again, sure this could still cause damage, but is that any better? Or do you still suggest a smaller charger?

Ok, I understand what your saying. This charger however says that it has a heat sensing pad that tells when a battery gets hot, and it lets it cool down before charging again, sure this could still cause damage, but is that any better? Or do you still suggest a smaller charger?

Computers have those built in to them too but I have seen many computers blow out capacitors and fry themselves. Its your call really. Unless I needed my battery stat I would still use a slow battery charger.

Computers have those built in to them too but I have seen many computers blow out capacitors and fry themselves. Its your call really. Unless I needed my battery stat I would still use a slow battery charger.

Alright bro, I understand. Thanks for the imput. Yeah, im trying to get into Airsoft pretty serious, so this is good to know. Im gonna try to make that event in June, idk what it is called. Maybe I see you there, along with everyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

Nicads require care. please read what you can apply from this link.

http://www.mpoweruk.com/chargers.htm

As the first line on the page says...

"More batteries are damaged by bad charging techniques than all other causes combined."

Try not to overcharge your batteries. A good charger is very important in the life of your batteries.

The charger you listed is not a very good charger. It is the minimum of what you need. I would NEVER charge at more than the MINIMUM available MaH rate using that charger.