Advice From Krytac Owners

Hot Lips Hoolehan

So i have herd a huge back and forth about this on facebook groups and wanted to get so more peoples outlook on it. I have a krytac SPR built as a DMR, what is the optimal diameter barrel to use with a krytac, 6.01/6.03/6.05

I know people have inevitably answered 2 million barrel questions but heres number 2 million and 1!

6.01 for short range accuracy. 6.03 and .05 are pretty much a toss up but better for long range accuracy provided you have a good hopup.. But quality of the bore has way more effect then size.

.01 tend to jam more. And require more cleaning. A .03 will give you an upgrade. But I personally have found that the stock .05 Krytac barrel has a rather large hop window. So it works well for flat hop. So I just kept mine stock. Since range come from hop not barrel diameter.

• Upvote 1

I have a JBU 6.01 and I haven't had any issues out of it to date.  I'm still using the stock Krytac hop up and a G&G Green bucking.

I do agree with the .01 barrels needing more cleaning.  The Madbull tightbores are known for this as well since they coat the interior of the barrel as well and bbs tend to chip away at the coating as they pass through.

A kid I got to school with runs a Prometheus barrel and a Prometheus purple bucking with the stock hop up and it shoots lasers

The stock barrel is extremely good! R-Hop it and leave it alone ;)

I just read Darth's post and he hit the nail on the head! 

We have a few Krytac's that are in our unit and they have been flat hopped and r-hopped with fantastic results. 

Edited by RabidGerbil

ok ill stick with stock then, also just picked up the umbrella corp grip #23 to replace the horrid stock a2 grip. very uneasy about how loose the motor is in it so glad to have it off as soon as the new one comes in

I thought the SPR stock barrel was 6.03?  Anyhow...my Krytac is the only gun I've left stock out of the box, and it shoots better than anything else I have that has been "upgraded."