Need Advice For An Aeg

Trip

Hey guys, newbie to the fourm here.  I've already posted an introduction if you're interested.  I just need help deciding on an AEG and sidearm (preferably Co2 for the winter) as I lost all my gear in a house fire recently.  I have $400 to spend on just the guns, I am looking for an M4 platform gun but I have found one AUG that interests me (not too sure about the company).  I have been mainly looking at specific types, mainly the standard 14.5 inch barrel (with triangle sight and 7" RIS, because classic) or a MK18 model.  I could also possibly ditch the sidearm but the FPS would need to be 350 or under because there is a field near me that is indoor and has an outdoor area.  Below you will find the three guns I have been looking at but feel free to suggest other options.  

ASG Steyr AUG A3 XS Commando

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=21322

Combat Machine MK18 MOD1

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_150&products_id=15829

the only affordable mk18 that i can find

G&G GR15 Raider Electric Blow Back AEG

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_150&products_id=6235

Again feel free to suggest guns

Also heres the sidearm I've been looking at: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=12587

Hey Turdbird, I'd suggest getting a JG AUG instead. The QC on it is better, and has better plastics too. As for the M4 platform, look into a Krytac or ICS as well. Both of these have really solid reliability out of the box, and are easy to work on internally. The catch with the ICS, however, is that the externals are somewhat proprietary and require a fair amount of work to do any mods (eg rails).

There is one thing to note if you are getting a Krytac. If you get any of the longer guns, the CRB/SPR/LVOA, you're going to have to change the spring to get the FPS below 350. You could, however, go with the PDW which is under 350 stock and would probably be better ergonomically if you are predominately playing CQB.

There is one thing to note if you are getting a Krytac. If you get any of the longer guns, the CRB/SPR/LVOA, you're going to have to change the spring to get the FPS below 350. You could, however, go with the PDW which is under 350 stock and would probably be better ergonomically if you are predominately playing CQB.

Good call. I completely spaced that. I'm glad one of us on the forums is paying attention. Lol

G&P, In my opinion make the best regular V2 GB AR platform. consistent FPS. Beautifully built. Alot of quality goes into them. 

After handling one, shooting one and watching a stock Cyma, ICS, and KWA along with my G&P (I do have a prowin) out shoot a Krytac, I am not impressed. never was before then either. I would not recommend anything Krytac for good performance.

My top 5 for AR platform (In no order after G&P)

G&P 

ICS

Classic Army

G&G

TM

My best advice is do your own research.

Link to a G&P MK18 MOD 1 

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p19118/G&P-MK18-Mod-I-AEG-w/-553-Graphic-Sight(Extended-Stock)-DE/product_info.html

G&P, In my opinion make the best regular V2 GB AR platform. consistent FPS. Beautifully built. Alot of quality goes into them. 

After handling one, shooting one and watching a stock Cyma, ICS, and KWA along with my G&P (I do have a prowin) out shoot a Krytac, I am not impressed. never was before then either. I would not recommend anything Krytac for good performance.

My top 5 for AR platform (In no order after G&P)

G&P 

ICS

Classic Army

G&G

TM

My best advice is do your own research.

Link to a G&P MK18 MOD 1 

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p19118/G&P-MK18-Mod-I-AEG-w/-553-Graphic-Sight(Extended-Stock)-DE/product_info.html

Thank you, I might end up getting this g&p I've heard good things about the, and also good things about CA, definitely getting an m4 from on of these companies. I think the one thing deterring me from the Krytac is the keymod. I don't know why but the keymod just isn't my thing. Thanks all

Thank you, I might end up getting this g&p I've heard good things about the, and also good things about CA, definitely getting an m4 from on of these companies. I think the one thing deterring me from the Krytac is the keymod. I don't know why but the keymod just isn't my thing. Thanks all

My Krytac has been running solid since day 1. Almost 2 years. If keymod isn't your thing you can swap out rails. But personally I love the keymod. It is very slick and compact. Feels good in the hand.

The Defiance TR keymod rail is probably one of the lightest rails that I've held so far.  I've had a KAC URX2 and URX3 before, and by comparison, this one is way lighter.

My Krytac has been running solid since day 1. Almost 2 years. If keymod isn't your thing you can swap out rails. But personally I love the keymod. It is very slick and compact. Feels good in the hand.

Yes..yes it does..

Keymod is the best thing about the krytac in my opinion.

Don't forget the gearbox.  The other main selling point  ;)