Rmr On My Elite Force 1911

Russian

So everybody, I was thinking. When this happens it usually ends up with bad things being built. Anyway, how would one go about attaching a RMR red dot onto a elite force 1911? I would like to have the hyper operator pistol, however glocks aren't my thing, and I don't have the money to drop on a Salient 1911... Would it involve tapping holes into the slide for screws for a RMR base plate, or could I just JB weld a base plate onto the top of the slide? Would JB welding it end up in a mouth full of red dot when it flew off? What is the standard way of doing it when it dosen"t nicely fit on? Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to pistol stuff, but I would imagine that tapping holes in the slide would be the best way to mount the sight. This way, you have a pretty solid mount for your sight and if you accidentally bump it against something then it is less likely to break off. Personally, I have never had good experiences with trying to JB weld stuff together, it always just ends up breaking when subjected to less stress than it is rated for.

I would guess that tapping holes would be the strongest. But I'm not sure there is enough material to actually do that. The blowback housing is directly under where you would do it. With a Glock. They use a modified g18 blow back housing that has a lower profile than a 17.