How To Clean Mid Cap/ Glued Key Hole?

Decoy

So I got these 7 Elite Force 140rd Mid Capacity magazines that only feed properly on semi auto. Full auto is only every other round. So I have loaded them and let the BBs out and the spring seems week, I would like to open it up and clean them but the key hole seems to be glued shut? Any tips on how to clean them with out opening them up? I just bought some Command Arms CAA license 140rnd mid caps since people say they work with my gun, G&G CM16. But I wouldn't mind getting these suckers to work in time for Pandora's Box. Thanks.

Try a few drops of silicone oil in each mag. Load then empty a few times. Just don't over do it, or the oil will transfer to your hopup, and temporarily effect your accuracy and range.

You cant really clean them without taking them apart. I mean, there probably is some way you could pull it off, but i have never heard of anyone doing it. Can you post a picture of the glued key hole?

I hate to contradict you, Civey, but silicone oil in mags is like a fly trap for dust, dirt, hairs, etc. The best way to clean your mags is to wipe out the BB track to get any foreign objects out of it and then give it a good wipe with a paper towel and rubbing alcohol. This will make it dry and hard for stuff to stick to.

Also, if full auto is only feeding a BB every other shot then there is a chance that putting a sector chip on your sector gear would fix that problem. My P90 had that problem and installing a sector chip allows the nozzle to stay back long enough for the mag to keep up.

You cant really clean them without taking them apart. I mean, there probably is some way you could pull it off, but i have never heard of anyone doing it. Can you post a picture of the glued key hole?

I hate to contradict you, Civey, but silicone oil in mags is like a fly trap for dust, dirt, hairs, etc. The best way to clean your mags is to wipe out the BB track to get any foreign objects out of it and then give it a good wipe with a paper towel and rubbing alcohol. This will make it dry and hard for stuff to stick to.

Also, if full auto is only feeding a BB every other shot then there is a chance that putting a sector chip on your sector gear would fix that problem. My P90 had that problem and installing a sector chip allows the nozzle to stay back long enough for the mag to keep up.

Don't hate to contradict me. By all means, if you know some thing I don't speak up.. lol. What he says may be true (it makes since). But a few drops of oil have always worked for me, maybe I've just been lucky.

Keep in mind though that not all mags come apart. So you may have to work a little harder to clean them.

^ This

As much as I love my PTS PMAGs, they are a complete bitch to disassemble for cleaning/repair.

^ This

As much as I love my PTS PMAGs, they are a complete bitch to disassemble for cleaning/repair.

Really? I have had nothing but great times when cleaning mine. They have a lot of screws to take out but that doesn't bother me too much.

Really? I have had nothing but great times when cleaning mine. They have a lot of screws to take out but that doesn't bother me too much.

I had a hell of a time getting the spring to stay in place while trying to close the shell. Given I'm used to mags that just have the track with the opening at the end so I'd imagine it gets easier with a little experience.

I'm guessing that the mags are the ones that don't have screws in them and are glued.

Option #!

what you can do if you have a heat gun is heat the turn tab on the bottom sometimes heating it is enough to get the glue to break loose.

Option #2

try to break  that tab out in a way that you can glue it back in.

Cleaning
remove the spring flush mag with hot water  push air through it with a compressor or some other compressed air take a small gun patch piece push it through the mag with the spring when it gets to the feed lip in the mag hook it with a dental pick or some sort of strong small hook to pull the patch out.

if the patch gets stuck  pull the spring and push BBs through from what ever end  to push the patch out.

do not try to stretch out the spring  to get better tension what I do is put the spring back in the mag then use one of the small style glue gun sticks push it into the bottom of the mag then put the cap back on.

you will lose 20 or so BB capacity but the glue stick will add tension to the spring.

Edited by PELI

I had a hell of a time getting the spring to stay in place while trying to close the shell. Given I'm used to mags that just have the track with the opening at the end so I'd imagine it gets easier with a little experience.

Huh, that's odd. Mine have the opening that you are referring to; once clean i simply screw the two halves back together and then slide the spring/follower in through the opening and it locks into place once all the way in.