Ak Hop Unit Advice

Shadow 1 Delta

Looking to upgrade the hop unit in my Beta AK and looking for experience and opinions between the SHS and Prowin hop units...?

Prowin hands down. I passionately hate the entire SHS brand, but aside from that, Prowin parts trump nearly everything on the market regardless of part or platform in my opinion. What body is it going in? It should fit regardless, but I have put them in a number AK's and they work great, look good, and don't give issues with duration of use. I've specifically put them in CYMA's, E&L's, and Dboys without issues of any kind.

A good tech friend of mine who professionally R-hops and flat hops AK's specifically asks for customers to pair his work with a prowin.

It would be going into a magpul beta AK.  I only ask because I know there are some fitment issues with Prowin sometimes. 

Yes there is typically. Two that I have installed in E&L's required a bit of filing to allow them to fully seat to the gearbox. However, no modification was necessary for it to fit to a retro-arms gearbox shell or a Lonex for two other AK's. Can't say I have ever put one into a magpul AK though. Typically the modifications are minimal though. If you are up for it, give it a shot and see how it goes. If it doesn't work though let me know please if you could