New Gun

SharkBait

I need some opinions on a New gun. I don't have the gun yet because I don't know which one I want. I'm looking for opinions or recomendations on guns that you guys think would be good to use. Please help lol

Edited by hrturner

Read through the forum. Many people have many opinions on many guns. Asking this is akin to asking us what you should have for dinner this week.

What Neb said. Figure out what type first, be it M4/M16, Scar, AK, etc. Once you narrow that down, we could better help with brand suggestions.

From a work side of things, Ak's, P90's, and FAL's are the easiest to break down and work on. From the reliability side of things, any gun running a version 3 gearbox is best. If you want the literal lego of guns, any AR type rifle is best as the aftermarket capabilities are limitless. As far as affordability of initial purchase as well as in the parts market, AR's, G36's, and AK's rule the market. Figure out what platform you are looking for, set your budget, then do your research and make a decision. 

• Upvote 2

In addition to the good advice given by the others above I'd add that I've always been a huge fan of ICS on the AR side of the equation due to their split gearbox design making life a lot easier.  Some of their other models like the MX-5 (MP5) Pro series and APE (ACR) use this now as well.

It takes all of ~10 seconds to get the upper half of the gearbox out and then just another couple minutes to open it up to change a spring or a piston, etc.  You can also have multiple uppers and swap them around, i.e. one shooting at CQB limits and another for the field.

Edited by Spectra
  • Upvote 1

In addition to the good advice given by the others above I'd add that I've always been a huge fan of ICS on the AR side of the equation due to their split gearbox design making life a lot easier. Some of their other models like the MX-5 (MP5) Pro series and APE (ACR) use this now as well.

It takes all of ~10 seconds to get the upper half of the gearbox out and then just another couple minutes to open it up to change a spring or a piston, etc. You can also have multiple uppers and swap them around, i.e. one shooting at CQB limits and another for the field.

I second all of the above.

Krytac = Life!

I personally think Krytac as a whole is simply overhyped BS, as my CRB doesn't meet anywhere near the performance that the hype entails. There are a lot better starter guns out there, I'd just encourage SharkBait to probably invest the time into researching one for himself.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally think Krytac as a whole is simply overhyped BS, as my CRB doesn't meet anywhere near the performance that the hype entails. There are a lot better starter guns out there, I'd just encourage SharkBait to probably invest the time into researching one for himself.

I'm sorry to hear you haven't had a good experience with your Krytac. I personal love mine. It has been a great gun for me since day 1. Like literally day. I have one of the first 200. But you are rite there are a great selection of starter guns out there.