State Wide Airsoft Community Meeting At Slaughter House

Bear

So the guys who run the Slaughter house indoor place are wanting to hold a community meeting for all airsoft players in the state. It's Saturday February 7th at 1pm at their store. I hadn't seen anything posted here about it, so I wanted to make sure that anyone who wanted to attend had as much notice as possible. They posted ask the info on their Facebook page, linked below.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=792676107512193&ref=bookmarks

Here's a copy and paste of their topics.

Topic: New Commission to take effect, General concerns in player and forum community, other concerns brought up in meeting.

I'll be attempting to make it down, schedule willing. I'm curious about what they mean by commission.

Just to be clear this is not an AI (Airsoft Indiana) community meeting, this is being held by another organization entirely.

Yes, sorry if that wasn't clear. This is being run by a retailer. However, the original Facebook post directs this meeting at the entire airsoft community of Indiana, not just our particular sub group.

The language in the topic list, particularly the part about forums, concerns me. As far as I know, we're about the only real forum left for the state. I'm excluding Facebook groups in this, I think they're a whole other animal. The INAC forum has been pretty quiet last I looked, with nothing new really being posted.

Being that Killroy has a beef with this forum, from slights real or imagined, and is pretty cozy with the owner of the Slaughterhouse, I worry that the whole story may not have been shared with that owner.

Ultimately, I just want to make sure the community here was properly represented, if we so desired.

Look's like you're pretty good at connecting dots, Bear. :lol: That's why I posted the caveat, the announcement being posted here might make it seem like it's one of our (Airsoft Indiana) meetings.  

I have nothing against the event, field owners have done the same for AI in the past, it's a good business move on their part assuming the players/groups they're associating with have good reputations, and won't isolate their business from the broader market of players in Indiana. For members here, who want to be a part of the Airsoft Indiana community, I'd recommend supporting fields like MCC and McCordsville that actively engage this community, genuinely care about the concerns of our players, and work towards making a more friendly environment with that feedback. They run their business with imput from their target player base, which is what I assume is happening at this event as well.

The long and short of it, when you're on top you'll always be a target. This is the biggest, longest running forum Indiana has, and for good reason. The experience the site staff and vet players here have spans decades and many states, people who truly know their players, makes all the difference in the world, IMHO. We won't make every single player happy, and those players pull to other groups of like-minded players and form new groups, it's human nature. As long as they don't cause trouble here, which inevitably the loudest wounded animals do, then we all get along just fine.

Airsoft is a nexus we all gravitate around, not a planet we must cohabitate, make peace with it and enjoy the hobby.

• Upvote 1

Here's a little more thought about this, as well as info for some of the players who aren't so into politics.

1. We had a community meeting for everyone involved in the airsoft community. It was a public post and wether or not you are a member in good standing or not, you were welcome to attend, be heard, and help make difference in this seasons activities. This includes this field owner who wants everyone to come to his place of business. We didn't see him at the open meeting, we don't need to attend his. IMHO.

2. For those players that don't know, or just don't get it. When players become a disruption to the point where they are unsafe, underhanded, lie, and general only have an ability to cause discord in the community, they eventually get banned from AI. We, as staff, however, will give them enough rope to hang themselves. Recently we were able to remove two of these long lasting problems from our boards. They are blocked from making post here, but can see what we say, and to them, I say, "kiss my ass". They have done everything in their power to meddle in this forum. They have even gobbled up Facebook groups that sound or are similar to Airsoft Indiana to get new players in the community to see their media site before this one. Indiana airsoft is a new group on FB. Its very similar to here, but has no connection to this group and is run by one of those people that we just banned.

3. These are small minded people. They will lie and do lie to make themselves look good. Or they are inadequate and need to be controlling in some way. They help to organize community meetings like this to sway people who just don't know any better. All they do is promote themselves, and down talk everyone else. Be warned if you attend meetings like this.

• Upvote 5

So is this a field promotion under the guise of a community meeting or what is it that they are actually addressing? As for what they are calling "community";  are they just referring to their customers (current and potential)? Seems weird for a field/retailer to call a community meeting. Seems like marketing to me....

*Puts on tinfoil hat.

So the guys who run the Slaughter house indoor place are wanting to hold a community meeting for all airsoft players in the state. It's Saturday February 7th at 1pm at their store. I hadn't seen anything posted here about it, so I wanted to make sure that anyone who wanted to attend had as much notice as possible. They posted ask the info on their Facebook page, linked below.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=792676107512193&ref=bookmarks

Here's a copy and paste of their topics.

Topic: New Commission to take effect, General concerns in player and forum community, other concerns brought up in meeting.

I'll be attempting to make it down, schedule willing. I'm curious about what they mean by commission.

Yes, sorry if that wasn't clear. This is being run by a retailer. However, the original Facebook post directs this meeting at the entire airsoft community of Indiana, not just our particular sub group.

The language in the topic list, particularly the part about forums, concerns me. As far as I know, we're about the only real forum left for the state. I'm excluding Facebook groups in this, I think they're a whole other animal. The INAC forum has been pretty quiet last I looked, with nothing new really being posted.

Being that Killroy has a beef with this forum, from slights real or imagined, and is pretty cozy with the owner of the Slaughterhouse, I worry that the whole story may not have been shared with that owner.

Ultimately, I just want to make sure the community here was properly represented, if we so desired.

Interesting... Best of luck in their endeavors.

I'm looking forward to working with MCC and helping them to build up their facility this year as well as get some good events out there.

• Upvote 2

Good evening guys.

We had yet another great turnout today opening at 12pm and full at 1pm. Had some AI members out here that was great and had loads of fun!

Too address your concerns i will do a quick sum up of events.

Paintball Indianapolis have been operating a Pro facility for 21 years. We have been involved in many professional leagues across the country nationally and internationally. Airsoft has been in our sights for the last 2 years in America and in 2015 decide to pull the trigger and opened the first Pro facility in Indiana.

Now to address that statement quick as i see some eyebrows going up, trust me i have been in this sport 20 years and know, you have the full right too rise them as you guys have been let down before.

We have a full pro shop on site.

Full insurance for both indoor and outdoor.

Actual code enforcement on structures.

Fire-department safety approved, well we had one thing wrong with a exit sign missing.lol

Full showers.

Constant 78* heating.

Waiver system that is in affect 12 months.

Full Master Tech on site.

Open 6 Days a week.

Layaway and financing options.

Free air-fills, yes free air-fills.

Clean-up every Monday.

Field maintenance.

Referee's

WiFi infield cameras

Full surround sound-system, laser light, fog machines and UV rooms.

Actual themed sections upstairs and down.

Fully carpeted so we do not have slipping incidents.

FREE random raffles for gear.

Too name but a few!

Regarding your concern of us using the term community, it is just that, airsoftners as a whole is looked at as a community, thus the entire community has an open invite AND if you cannot be here we are opening Skype so you can be here online.

Mention on Forums is that at our facilities we will NOT stand for any personal issues guys have on forums, Facebook, the old age home or any other place outside our Parks. HERE everybody is welcome and personal issues should just stay that! Personal!

The issue regarding one of our clients, Liam Miller, being cosy with the owner, im married and my wife and kid do not share! Its a German thing!

We are in NO way affiliated with any group, person or team! We support everybody including supplying vendors in this state that sells airsoft products too enhance everybody's experiences.

So please do not assume things that are not as we at Spec Ops/ Paintball Indianapolis does not.

An official meeting will take place on the 7th SUNDAY as Saturday is mostly everybody's game day.

Now regarding me not attending a meeting held apparently. I am a business man and have a very busy schedule. The day of the meeting is one of our busy days and i am not leaving my business that actually puts bread and butter on my families table too go too a random meeting i know nothing of. In business it does not work that way! I do applaud you for getting something together too improve this great sport. Nobody can take that away! Most people just talk and never take action. So well done guys and ladies!

Our Indoor facility is over a $100000 investment into the sport of airsoft. Yes we are here as a business BUT without investing into a concept or growing it, nothing will come of it! We have heard so many negative things towards us and our suppliers, and to be honest mainly from this forum but yet here we are still being part of it, still trying to get help too be more involved, still caring in getting the airsoft community the best experience and bang for their buck!

I have bought a $14000 compressor not $1400 a $14000 compressor that will be mobile so we can help out at your big games with proper air thus making events in Indiana just as BAD A.. as other states. They have had their time way too long and we in Indiana WILL show we can do it just as good or even better than the rest of the country!

The guys and girls that have actually met me, my family and great staff know im a very straight shooter and do not have time for petty games. THUS THE MEETING!

I have actually sent out private invites too members that i in this short time met and/or been made aware off. There will be more sent in the next few days im just a bit swamped with Shot Show events, Paintball commissions and and and. You know how it is. No rest for the wicked.lol

If you did not get your invite PLEASE do not feel offended, we have moved too Indiana not even a year ago and do not know everybody we should. I still would like the most attendance so please feel free to come.

On the member that thinks this is a publicity stunt, im sorry but no. We have over 11 000 followers just in the US and dont need this as a publicity.

Wow, my longest post and time spent on a pc!lol

In closing, yes yes closing.

I urge you to be open minded and see what me, my family and our staff have too offer, our company have not been around now over 20years local, Europe and Africa on fairy dust, hopes and dreams. Well maybe a little on fairy dust.

So i bid you a safe night and remember, Guns Up!

Kind regards

RJ

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your reply on the issues. Looking forward to seeing your place and getting some games in. Could you please clarify on what will be covered at the meeting; I saw something about "new commission, and concerns" but that's about all I have seen about the meeting topics. Those terms are fairly ambiguous and broad... Also, I am curious what you mean by operating a "Pro facility" for 20 years and internationally. Could you elaborate on that a bit more as well?

Well I would rather give more background to us face too face as its better understood, but I'll give you a quick rundown.

I own paintball/Airsoft companies in the US, UK and Africa. I also own 3 other Indiana companies which I bought out since our move here. We also own a international clothing line which hopefully we can incorporate Airsoft into. It's not a big crossover but we believe in brand specific designs so I won't hold my breath for anything this year.

Regarding the meeting, I would appreciate if we could wait for Sunday as I would rather not have a discussion going on here and it end up in a misunderstanding. I do hope you understand.

What I will and can share is that we will put into effect a Commission that will help with set regulations, guidelines, insurance advice and guidelines and biggest a registered player program that will make waiver systems, event organization, banning issues, and act as a neutral 3rd party in helping all facets of Airsoft/Paintball in Indiana as a start. I do have local state and law also involved thus providing a fair platform too not just help us in the gun sport community BUT help local and national government understand what we do and that we are indeed regulated internally and not just random events.

I hope this helps a bit. I also want too put it out there that I have an open door policy and are most of the time in office if anybody would like too share thoughts and ideas. The only way we can achieve success is working towards a commen goal.

I have stated this before, we will provide a professional service and field too those who like us and too those who don't like us, we will still have a great deal for them too.lol

Have a great weekend and hope to see you soon.

RJ

Slaughterhouse is good folks in my opinion. They're running a business, and business was good today. 

Edited by Red 2

Thanks for clearing that up, Slaughterhouse.

I know that intent and inference can be easily misunderstood when not speaking face to face.

I would like to come and see your facility and hopefully get my pew pew on, but some life situations are keeping me from doing just that.  I'm sure you understand.

Also, I completely understand your reasons for not being able to make the meeting.  Money has to be made and businesses cannot run themselves.

I'm sure the other AI staff members would agree with me on that sentiment.

• Upvote 1

RJ, Thanks first of all for actually responding. This is all we were looking for from your facility (Actual representation from the owner or someone of authority). Sorry if that makes us seem harsh in your eyes but as you mentioned, we have had several instances where individuals have spoken for other's and it has caused multiple issues.

Mention on Forums is that at our facilities we will NOT stand for any personal issues guys have on forums, Facebook, the old age home or any other place outside our Parks. HERE everybody is welcome and personal issues should just stay that! Personal!

At this point in time I believe that you may be only hearing one side of the story and viewing many of the current issues as "personal grudges". I ensure you while some may see it this way, those who actually take the time to sit down and talk with us will quickly realize that many of the topics/issues actually come back to legal issues that pose risk to others and aren't simple person A disliking person B.

Our Indoor facility is over a $100000 investment into the sport of airsoft. Yes we are here as a business BUT without investing into a concept or growing it, nothing will come of it! We have heard so many negative things towards us and our suppliers, and to be honest mainly from this forum but yet here we are still being part of it, still trying to get help too be more involved, still caring in getting the airsoft community the best experience and bang for their buck!

I would be interested in hearing the sources of these negative comments. Looking through the forum here, I see few if any comments that actually tarnish your facility's name or your name. The one I can recall is about a supplier (valken, if memory serves). Bad views of suppliers are, as you mentioned earlier, part of being a business. Don't believe me? Head over to yelp and read some of the dumbest critiques of businesses ever.

Regardless, thank you for taking the time to clear some of the air surrounding your facility/shop. As you mentioned in your own post, we too are friendly individuals once you get to know us. Most, if not all, of the active people here are genuinely concerned with bettering the sport in a safe manner and working with field owners.

• Upvote 1

If there is any concerns, topics, ideas or anything else you guys would like me too touch on or have a look at before Sunday, please forward it to, RJ@paintballindianapolis.com

Thanks

Remember, Guns Up!

So will there also be some gaming going on tomorrow?  Myself and two others were planning on coming down for some trigger time if there is any to be had...

So will there also be some gaming going on tomorrow?  Myself and two others were planning on coming down for some trigger time if there is any to be had...

I believe there will also be some trigger time.

~Joker