We M16A3 Magazine Problems

Bravo Hotel

Got my WE M16A3 after a long wait, put the first magazine in, and when I pulled the trigger a large cloud of gas came out. After that, the gun could fire but the operation was very sluggish and after a few shots, it was out of gas. Two of my other magazines leak slowly but they fire normally, while my other two mags (including the first one I fired) don't leak at all but when I put them in they make the bolt move very sluggish and only a couple shots are fired until it's out of gas.

Are the two magazines that don't seem to leak just wasting gas when firing? If so can I just reseal them to fix them?

It depends on which part of the mags are leaking. Is is the output valves, in the full valves, or the backstrap?

The version 2 mags don't have a backstrap, and there are 2 additional ring that could, but highly unlikely leak. Out put valves can be fixed by soaking them in heavy (90 weight or more) gear lube for a week or more. Fill valves need to be sealed with loctite 515, and backstraps need rtv sealant.

So, there is a quick tutorial of what it takes to repair them. Or, you can buy new version 2 mags, and worry about fixing the others later.

It depends on which part of the mags are leaking. Is is the output valves, in the full valves, or the backstrap?

The version 2 mags don't have a backstrap, and there are 2 additional ring that could, but highly unlikely leak. Out put valves can be fixed by soaking them in heavy (90 weight or more) gear lube for a week or more. Fill valves need to be sealed with loctite 515, and backstraps need rtv sealant.

So, there is a quick tutorial of what it takes to repair them. Or, you can buy new version 2 mags, and worry about fixing the others later.

They're V1 magazines with the backstrap, going to follow your advice and the advice of some Youtubers and see how it goes this weekend.