Decisions, Decisions...

SASQUATCH

So, I'm getting close to the point where I need to make a decision. My AEG is currently not working. I took it apart, and found that the data cable for my BTC Chimera Fet is shredded. Not a big deal, it's like $3 for a new one. Here's where I'm at a loss. Me being me, I want to overhaul my gun completely. I'm wanting to go for a really high rate of fire, and keep it around 390 fps. I already had a really nice build, but it was mainly just from little mods that I picked up through some teching forums. This time, I want to actually buy great parts, and build a monster of a gun. The conundrum...Should I do this, or just switch everything over to HPA and be done with it?

I have zero experience with HPA other than shooting a couple polarstars that belong to friends. I'm a decent tech, and I'm confident in my abilities to build the gun that I want. The Polarstar will run me close to $500 more than the parts I would buy to build a very good AEG, but my question is "is it worth it"?

My current (non-working) build is great when it comes to performance: 29-30 rps, 390-392 fps (it's that consistent) but is showing a bit of wear and tear and needs to be redone. And I'm the type of person to go big if I'm going to do anything. So, I'm going to build a completely new box, and redo the hop-up/ assembly altogether.

The Polarstar or similar HPA device would allow me to tweak my settings as I wish, but is much more costly, and doesn't give me the pride of building something myself.

I need opinions. This build/purchase will be happening at the first of the new year.

*Ahem.* I have a fusion engine in the classifieds for $200. Feel free to check that out ;) *./shameless_plug*

that said, yes a fusion engine/hpa is worth it IF you do not want to maintenance the gearbox anymore and if you like the possibility of doing a higher speed setup and a DMR setup without doing more then changing a few settings and a couple screws to swap nozzles. 

If you have questions feel free to bother me, (i would say Echo as well, but I know hes on the fence about staying or leaving the sport).

I'm not going anywhere, so don't worry. HPA, is so worth it......but....and I found this to be a big but.....the tank on your back becomes a big pain in the ass! I loved my polarstar, and anyone who handled it, or was shot by it will tell you it was badass. Silent in a really spooky way because of my suppressor, and the range was ridiculous because of the R hopped barrel that Rabid Gerbil did for it.

I ran that gun for 2 years, and it was nothing short of amazing. It now belongs to Stamos, and I have went back to GBBR's because I personally feel more satisfaction using them. I've had polarstars, daytona guns, aeg's, classic rifles, ect.. You name it, I've had it. Nothing performs like a Polarstar, not even a ptw.

The question is, are you will to invest the money into the build, plus 200 for a tank, plus another 125-175 for a regulator, 30 for a good hose, blah blah blah, you have a tank on your back! God forbid you have to, lay on your back and shoot, do a tactical roll, turn sideways in a door way, or refill your tank on a regular basis. That's my .02 cents. Let me know if you need anything else!

Unless a d.s.g. aeg setup nothing matches trigger response like hpa. I recently Started to run a polarstar jack (under 320$), I couldn't be happier with it. I use a 58ci carbon ninja tank (under 2 lbs)  get around 5,500 shots out of it.

That's actually what I've decided on. Amped sells the Jack, and everything needed to get started for around $500 with the options I want. That's the route I'm most likely going to go with.

That's actually what I've decided on. Amped sells the Jack, and everything needed to get started for around $500 with the options I want. That's the route I'm most likely going to go with.

I have that exact kit in my Krytac spr. I love it. Couldn't be happier.

I'd be careful pushing your ROF to high. A lot of big events are considering putting restrictions in place when it comes to RPS or ROF. A lot of events, both big and small, are even going the way of semi auto only (with exception of support weapons).

~Joker

I'd be careful pushing your ROF to high. A lot of big events are considering putting restrictions in place when it comes to RPS or ROF. A lot of events, both big and small, are even going the way of semi auto only (with exception of support weapons).

~Joker

I'd say jokingly say accuracy by volume... But It's a polarstar. :|

Edited by ProPainTank

The whole thing with ROF and polarstar is bull. Yes, Polarstar can achieve a high rate of fire, but no where near a dual sector gear set ups rate of fire, and they are allowed everywhere. Most AEG's are anywhere between 21-35 rds per second, and so are the polarstars. Yes, you may be able to push them a little more than that, but you loose all accuracy and range whe you do it.

Polarstars are there best when on semi, or 3 rd burst.

The whole thing with ROF and polarstar is bull. Yes, Polarstar can achieve a high rate of fire, but no where near a dual sector gear set ups rate of fire, and they are allowed everywhere. Most AEG's are anywhere between 21-35 rds per second, and so are the polarstars. Yes, you may be able to push them a little more than that, but you loose all accuracy and range whe you do it.

Polarstars are there best when on semi, or 3 rd burst.

There are local guys with their p* cranked up to over 50rps. It got so bad that our local field had to cap rof at 40.

But places like blast camp have already caped rof at 20.

Sorry to hear that happened, and, those are the guys who give the rest of the guys who use polarstars a bad name. Sometimes it's not about where you play at, but with whom.

See, I initially achieved the whole rate of fire thing by accident. My intent was to get the best trigger response possible from a single sector gear setup. The rate of fire was just an added bonus. When you drop 13:1 gears, an Element Ultra Torque, a BTC Chimera, 8mm bearings, and a high discharge Lipo into your system (along with all the other compression parts)...you get pretty good results.

The first time I flipped it to full auto, I figured it would be fast, but I was caught off guard when it sounded like a freaking chainsaw. Not gonna lie, I love high rates of fire, but I can probably count on one hand how many times I've used it in game.

With a Polarstar, I actually probably won't set it very high. Maybe match what I have now, and keep it at 3rd burst for laying down suppression for fire and maneuver. I'm liking Polarstar because of the properties it has pertaining to unlimited air volume in the barrel, trigger response, range, and overall adaptability. The rate of fire is just an added benefit if I choose to use it.

Edited by SASQUATCH