K-Tech Amplifier Review

Sturm

K-Tech Amplifier

AMKnS4L.jpg

If you are on the lookout for something to make your gun sound meaner, chances are you've run across the K-Tech Amplifier.

Why? They push the product hard, even insulting another amplifier maker on their sponsored YouTube channel at one point (WhatAreYouBuyen). Nevertheless, these guys are very talented at what they do. One of them is actively working on a survival game that looks top notch, way better then DayZ SA in realism and response. Now that that's out of the way, let's get to the review!

The amplifiers are made by K-Tech, which is a relatively new company that specializes in various Airsoft accessories. This is the business venture side of WhatAreYouBuyen.

They come in various colors and are available in two different types: Matte and Polished.

The construction is of solid, light weight aluminum and has 14MM CCW threads.

There's no point in trying to describe the sound when you can hear it for yourself, check out my video in 720P@60FPS:

Pros/Cons for K-Tech:

• Light weight
  • Adds a distinct "Pop" to each shot fired
  • Noticeable sound amplification
  • High quality aluminum
  • Laser engraved logo
  • High quality threads

One thing I don't like about the K-Tech, is that it's amplification qualities are literally the same as a water-bottle cut in half and installed using the madbull waterbottle adapter. The only difference is the material producing the reverb effect.

Personally, I'm a bit disgruntled. I suppose this stems from installing an amplifier designed for 1911's on the AK platform. I'll be keeping my K-Tech, but I'll also definitely be buying a Madbull Noveske KX3 once my next paycheck hits.

A note on the KX3 Comparison: I don't actually have one, this is all information gathered from friends/reddit/youtube.

Pros/Cons for Noveske KX3:

• Heavier then K-Tech
  • Adds a very distinct metal "punching" sound to each shot fired
  • More noticable sound amplification
  • High quality metal
  • Laser engraved logo
  • High quality threads
  • Actual directional cone vortex manipulation - You can change the pitch and volume of the amplifier

Thanks for the read!

Any feedback on my formatting and content is appreciated.

I'll also give a mention to the sound devices that I'm waiting to preorder: https://www.facebook.com/bltechnologyNZ

Edited by ProPainTank

Yeah, the volume of air obviously makes a difference. I used my semi-broken AK for the video D:

Would do better on my sidearm or sniper.

I'm turning my AK-74 into an RPK-74 - Anything to make it intimidating and actually suppress.

Edited by ProPainTank

Never underestimate the power of a loud gun. Hard to tell when they dry fire. I once suppressed a whole team dry firing while moving an objective.