Ess Turbo Fans

T H R E A T

Hey guys, this will be an on-going review of the recent pair of ESS Turbo Fans that I recently got on Amazon for about $140-ish.

Product Link: http://www.amazon.com/ESS-Eyewear-Profile-Turbofan-Goggles/dp/B00ESH1816

I got a pair in black from Red's Gear, and they arrived stunningly fast. About 2 1/2 days after the purchase, without any added shipping costs for quicker delivery time on my part. It came in an ESS box, the plastic on the front was partially pulled from the cardboard box holding the goggles, but it wasn't a huge point of concern.

The box also came with the following:

-An additional tinted goggle lens.

-A cloth holder for the additional tinted goggle lens.

-A durable cloth holder for the goggles themselves, quite flimsy but with threaded padding. It works, a nice little touch to carry it in, better then nothing.

-An ESS instruction manual.

-And of course, the goggles themselves w/ an included AA battery already in the goggles.

Now, I did read some negatives reviews that stated that Red's Gear is known for shipping knock-offs, as well as original products. The only real way to tell is to call ESS and ask them to verify the serial number and send a picture of the wiring. My wiring was not glued, but ziptied, which is a big pointer to it being a knock-off pair, as well as a few other subtle differences explained in the reviews/other sources.

I did have cable ties on the wiring, but that was the only difference. I'll make sure to call ESS and get a replacement lense, just to be sure.

As for the actual performance of the goggles so far... I LOVE THEM! I havn't been able to enjoy any of the 3 games I have gone to so far because of a thick shield of fog and sweat literally fully blurring my vision. Its like trying to play looking out of a window of a car going at 100 mph and being high. I couldn't make out anything over 5-8 ft. away.

Here are a list of things I love so far:

-They fit snug on my face. Not tight enough to be uncomfortable, but just right.

-Durable build.

-The fan is easy to use, and the batteries are easy to switch. There are two modes, low and high.

-The fan is quite, even on high. Maybe like a mosquito buzzing near you is about how loud it is. Not that kind of sound, but just that loud. It's really not noticeable, and with people yelling and BB's flying and running and stuff, I guarantee you it will just fade in as background noise.

I have not yet used it in a game, I will update it when I do. I did, though, wear them (looking like an idiot, but oh well) mowing the lawn recently for about an hour in hot weather, with high humidity. After an hour of non-stop exertion mowing, there where only some streaks of actual sweat from my brow, that you just need a head band or something of the likes to prevent, nothing major.

They work like a charm.

I will update this post with more on this goggles, such as when I use them in an actual game, or when I get them/if I get them verified as real ESS goggles, but until then, I can easily give these goggles a rating of...

9/10

I was wanting a pair of these, but the price was always to expensive for me

However

At an old airsoft event about 2 months ago, I was told by williamc and his wife that it was possible to get these goggles for about $50 somewhere

This was a while back so I don't remember the exact details, but I  also remember them saying that the "fake" versions are $100+

Are you aware of this? Or did they just get a crazy good sale/deal?

I was really wanting to get these because they are amazing!

Side Note

If anyone is looking at this article thinking - "I need better goggles, but $100+ is a lot"

Try these out! - http://www.amazon.com/Save-Phace-Grunt-Black-Goggles/dp/B0094FSFXQ

$20 and the lens is slightly elevated from the frame, so it's easy for air to pass through

If you're like me - you enjoy airsoft, but it's not your main thing, and you're not looking to spend a lot on a nice pair of goggles, these will do you just fine

Green, and black ESS turbos fans will always be expensive, but if you don't mind tan, then you can find ESS turbo fans on ebay for about 55 dollars.

Green, and black ESS turbos fans will always be expensive, but if you don't mind tan, then you can find ESS turbo fans on ebay for about 55 dollars.

Do you know why? Maybe the coloring process?

Do you know why? Maybe the coloring process?

I'm guessing it's just the color - I pay a little extra just to get another color that fits my whole setup better

An example being my steel mesh face mask - black one costed $15 while tan costs $10 - yet black matched all my other gear well

That's just small scale, and just me - but there's my 2 cents

I was wanting a pair of these, but the price was always to expensive for me

However

At an old airsoft event about 2 months ago, I was told by williamc and his wife that it was possible to get these goggles for about $50 somewhere

This was a while back so I don't remember the exact details, but I  also remember them saying that the "fake" versions are $100+

Are you aware of this? Or did they just get a crazy good sale/deal?

I was really wanting to get these because they are amazing!

Side Note

If anyone is looking at this article thinking - "I need better goggles, but $100+ is a lot"

Try these out! - http://www.amazon.com/Save-Phace-Grunt-Black-Goggles/dp/B0094FSFXQ

$20 and the lens is slightly elevated from the frame, so it's easy for air to pass through

If you're like me - you enjoy airsoft, but it's not your main thing, and you're not looking to spend a lot on a nice pair of goggles, these will do you just fine

I had a pair of Save Phace Grunts I used in one of the games, they fogged like crazy, and sweat literally poured right over the lenses. For some they work, some they don't I guess. They got great reviews and work fine for alot of people though, so I am sure they are not that bad of a trial to take into consideration.

-Threat