Black Ops M4 Ebb

Rosemont

So AEG disco has been like the forbidden forest to me until recently, considering I run a spring sniper rifle. HOWEVER, band season just hit like a brick and I don't have time or money to invest in finishing my sniper build, which brings me here.

I permanently borrowed my friend's Black Ops M4 from Walmart (the $100 one that apparently is worth more) as a backup to my sniper rifle.  Due to my resources dilemma mentioned above, I thought, "Heck, while I wait out band season and build up some cash to polish off my sniper loadout, why not just use what I have in my closet?"  So I electrical taped the threads on the muzzle of the gun to fit a silencer with a different size thread bore on, added a Magpul MOE hand-guard , and the scope from my L96, along with using FAMAS mags.  To be honest, the thing looks badass ontop of the fact that it's electric blowback. 

Now that I have the thing ready for pickup games, is there anything I should be wary of with the gun itself or my mentality of 'piece together any crap I can find, cross my fingers, and if it doesn't work, no harm done'?

You electrical taped the threads on the barrel? Nice! I wonder what genius had that brilliant idea... B)

Just have your L96 with you as a backup gun, as the Black Ops M4s (especially the old ones) can be fickle sometimes. The fixes on the M4s are normally cheap and easy, but if anything goes wrong it never hurts to have a backup in order to ensure a great day of gameplay.

Edited by Retriever

• 3 weeks later...

My buddy and I both picked up an extra Black Ops M4 this week for fifty bucks.  The Wal-Mart in Anderson is selling off all of their airsoft gear, it seems.

All the Black Ops stuff is gonna be cheap, but like Retriever said, the first one could have been a synonym for trash. I suggest just keeping it the way it is. AEG upgrades can get expensive, and while not as expensive as a sniper, can still get up there depending on what you choose to do with it. I recently went through a DMR build, and I'm at $600 and still not finished with it.

All the Black Ops stuff is gonna be cheap, but like Retriever said, the first one could have been a synonym for trash. I suggest just keeping it the way it is. AEG upgrades can get expensive, and while not as expensive as a sniper, can still get up there depending on what you choose to do with it. I recently went through a DMR build, and I'm at $600 and still not finished with it.

If there's one thing more expensive than sniping, it's being a designated marksman lol-  I know the feel.  I'll test it out at home, and if it doesn't perform well enough for my standards, I'll run my sniper rifle as a DMR at the McCordsville game and lend the M4 to anybody who doesn't have a rifle yet

Does it have an RIS rail, or is it just a standard hand guard? If it has the rails, then it's the second generation, which is the better of the two. Should be enough for what you're looking for as a backup.

I own a Black Ops M4 VIPER from Dick's Sporting goods, and i was wondering if it is a good little short investment?

Read before you post Grimz, I've answered this question. If it has the rounded hand guard, then no, it's not. If it has the rails on the hand guard, then I'd consider it a fairly decent lower-price AEG.