Hobbytown Deans Connector Installation

Chronos

So, I know that Hobbytown USA will wire a Deans connector for free, but does anybody know if I'd be able to bring in a gun itself? I'm asking you guys cause I feel like it would be an awkward call, and I'd rather not make that awkward call if I don't have to.

It might be best to just take the gearbox out and bring that along instead of the whole gun.

If you are going to bring the whole gun it would definitely be best for you to call ahead and tell them that you are wanting to bring in an airsoft gun for rewiring and, like Odoyle said, inform them what is in the case/bag before you get it out when you get there.

Alright, thanks for the quick responses guys. Since I'm using a 11.1v, I want the best connection possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I can be awkward. Would be good if you still had your orange tip on. Go with what Broken suggested and just bring the gearbox. A couple of us here can also solder it for you.

So, I know that Hobbytown USA will wire a Deans connector for free, but does anybody know if I'd be able to bring in a gun itself? I'm asking you guys cause I feel like it would be an awkward call, and I'd rather not make that awkward call if I don't have to.

I have done this before.  It's not free unless they've changed their policy after I had mine done.

Broken hit the nail on the head.  Call before you bring it.  I just brought mine in and they looked at me sideways as I explained the situation.  I just learned to solder from Crimson after that and never had to go back after that.

I can be awkward. ...

Boy is that an understatement! :lol:

[/thread hijack]

Some good advice here. Also dont forget that lots of people in the community can solder as well and it is far safer to take it to a private residence than a busy store.