Custom Batteries

TEK

If you've been following me, I've been asking a lot about batteries.

I've looked up a bunch of reviews for the gun I have and people in them keep saying you can buy a "custom batteries"

I've done Google searches and couldent find a non-sketchy site that provides this service

The size of my battery area is 70x42x17mm, small AF

If anyone has ideas for custom batteries or just really small batteries you found, I'd love that

You're going to wind up paying a lot more than what is really necessary for a 'custom' battery.

There was a website that Noxtoof/Maximum Overdrive/Identity Crisis dude (lol) pointed me to a while back that made them, but I figured that ordering lipo batteries from Hobbyking was more more affordable and worth the effort.

I second the Hobbyking suggestion, because they have great batteries for a good price. Instead of looking for "custom" batteries, try looking into a replica PEQ box to mount on your gun that holds an average sized batts. That way you can also run (to some extent) different kinds/sizes of batteries depending on what you're looking to get out of your gun.

You're going to wind up paying a lot more than what is really necessary for a 'custom' battery.

There was a website that Noxtoof/Maximum Overdrive/Identity Crisis dude (lol) pointed me to a while back that made them, but I figured that ordering lipo batteries from Hobbyking was more more affordable and worth the effort.

I second the Hobbyking suggestion, because they have great batteries for a good price. Instead of looking for "custom" batteries, try looking into a replica PEQ box to mount on your gun that holds an average sized batts. That way you can also run (to some extent) different kinds/sizes of batteries depending on what you're looking to get out of your gun.

Thanks guys! I just made an order to them and their online chat room thing made it really easy - Any I bought 2 batteries for $10 total - but shipping of corse was a lot - still worth it!

Make sure you designate east coast, or west coast before you order from hobby king.... If not you could be waiting a while

Make sure you designate east coast, or west coast before you order from hobby king.... If not you could be waiting a while

Contrary to popular belief, Hobby kings International shipping is quite fast, I always get my items no later then a week and an half from there over seas warehouse. 

Contrary to popular belief, Hobby kings International shipping is quite fast, I always get my items no later then a week and an half from there over seas warehouse. 

You're in california.... lol :P

Building your own batteries back in the NiCad/NiMH days was great and saved lots of money. However, today's world batteries are so cheap and the tech (LiPo) is so much more dangerous to mess with that you ought to simply buy premade batteries. Just my .02

It took a month or more to get the first batteries I ordered from them.

That's odd.  It took them a week to get mine to me, and that was coming from their Great Britain warehouse.....

Anyhow, I think this thread has run it's course and TEK got what he needed.  Locked.