Joining The Dark Side

Theo

Okay AK guys(and few gals), I currently have an older model combat machine cm16 that I've put about $150ish into it internally and have become extremely comfortable with the v2 mechbox. I've been looking around lately and have had my eye on a few AK's and am wondering what a solid performing base gun to gradually build would be? I know CYMA is known for their AK's but g&g's rk has my eye as well. I'm looking to spend around $200(but less is better

I'd stick with the CYMA if you're going to get an AK.  It's proven over and over to be a good make.  Look for any model CM035 or higher (from what I've heard) as they are the better and newer versions.

ICS makes good AK variants as well, but I'm unsure on the prices.

I have a CM037 and it's a fighter. Had it for two years, had no problems, been through rough places and back and still works. I haven't even oiled it and it purr's. CM048's are good if you want a full length ak of such. I currently run a E&L AKs-74n (High pricy gun) and it's amazing but cyma can also preform the same, just a different quality. Also, ak's aren't the bad side; if you run our enemies kits (HATO), then those are some bad ones. This is a good stage for new tovarishes sheeple!

Edited by Comrade Devil

I can vouch for CYMA CM048's. I have the CM048M AKM, and the thing refuses to die. It's an absolute beast. It will eviscerate your enemies and make you immortal, I swear. :lol: Easy platform to upgrade, as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Little late to the party here but...

I have had good luck with Dboys, Echo 1, Classic Army, and of course TM when it comes to AKs.

G&G's AK are just like the rest of their line, pretty good. Sadly no first hand experience with one, yet. But from every I've talked to they like them. Maybe a little hard to come by though.

And of course the talk of the town as of late is the E&L. They are seemingly indestructible, find some torture tests online and see what I mean. But these top of the line AKs are also pricey.

So if this is your first AK you also have to remember you will need mags and gear to hold your AK mags. Oddly enough AK mags are not so cheap. So keep that in mind when estimating your figures. A cheap AK chest rig can be had for less than $40 at most places.

Happy shopping and welcome to the dark side.

~Joker