Gearbox Question

Chronos

Hey guys, got a question about my V2 Gearbox. I have recently upgraded the internals of my gearbox, and all the parts fit in pretty well. I am using either an M140 or an M150 spring from another gun, and it's quite hard to get in, but that's to be expected. However, when I closed up my gearbox, it was a very tight fit. I had to press one side down and put the screws in on that side, and do the same for the other. Is it supposed to be that hard with a high-powered spring, or is something wrong internally? All the gears and bolts line up with their holes, but it feels pretty tight.

*Update* Put gearbox back together with motor, but no sounds come from gearbox when connected to battery. Now I know something is wrong, but I can't tell what

Edited by jchinsky

Both sides should close up together. One common thing that could have happened was your anti reversal latch could have popped out while putting the shell on. Ive never had it make no noise at all usually it will make a light click. Hold the trigger down for a few seconds and feel the wires closest to the gearbox. If the are warm then its most likely mechanical. If the dont warm up at all i could say its electrical. Its hard to say for sure without having the gearbox in front of me.

I think I figured out what the issue was. I have a one of the Quick Spring Change V2 gearboxes, and when I tried to put the spring in after I closed it up, it was a much nicer fit. Also, turned out that the metal conductors that connect the selector plate to the inner gearbox were bent a bit, so it wasn't connecting at the normal spots.