A Little Bit Of Dmr Goodness

Crimson

Thought I would share a few pictures of things I have been working on and new projects for this winter... Now the next question to make them all HPA or not.

20141117_223342_zpsmv0tgqcs.jpg

20141117_223402_zps6s5pv4en.jpg

20141117_223411_zpscckdbkn3.jpg

• Upvote 1

PSG is a semi auto sniper rifle, SL9 actually didnt go into actual issued use that i know of but is still a DMR. Germans mostly used the G3 SG1, or now the G28 (accurized HK417) as a DMR.

Still sexy though :D

definitely prefer my DMRs though ;)

Qu2xp9rl.jpg

RG.... The SL9 is Rhopped the PSG-1 will be soon.   Next steps will be desiding if I want to do a completly custom P* for the psg.  Its been done in a few different ways.  With the V4 gearbox it also has a lot of potential as a AEG.. but the cost to build it will be more then just dropping a P* system into it.

Can you really consider either one of those true DMRs?  Looks like Sniper Rifles to me... ;)

Civilian Sniper Rifles just does not have the same ring to it.  

Next steps will be desiding if I want to do a completly custom P* for the psg.  Its been done in a few different ways.  With the V4 gearbox it also has a lot of potential as a AEG.. but the cost to build it will be more then just dropping a P* system into it.

Have you considered an Wolverine SMP V2 instead of a fusion engine, Crimson? Or is the V4 gearbox form factor incompatible with both SMP kits? Just curious really. Janitor put an SMP into his 417 and the results are pretty outstanding, but it was VFC's modified V2 shell. 

Edited by Ares

Have you considered an Wolverine SMP V2 instead of a fusion engine, Crimson? Or is the V4 gearbox form factor incompatible with both SMP kits? Just curious really. Janitor put an SMP into his 417 and the results are pretty outstanding, but it was VFC's modified V2 shell. 

At the moment, the Wolverine SMP is only a V2/V3 setup.  I believe they are working on more versions, but that V2/V3 is it for now.

TargetPractice has more information on it than I would, but that's what I remember.

Just a quick question if someone can answer, I'm considering getting a vss vintorez (the king arms version) and making it into a dmr, what upgrades should I do and what to I have to do to getting it shooting semi but still be able to shoot full auto if I'm playing with friends?

JJ, you're going to have to decide on whether you want to run as a DMR or shoot on auto. DMR rules dictate that you cannot shoot on auto, and most times require you to disable the auto fire mode (and demonstrate that it is disabled). This is because DMRs tend to fire hotter, and it's a sure way to hurt someone with a full auto blast.

As far as upgrades go, you'll be looking at pretty much gutting the gearbox out and replacing almost everything with more expensive components, and time spent fine-tuning the setup. I'd suggest that you don't DMR your AEG if you're new to this, and run as a regular rifleman for a while to get the hang of the game before you commit to this as it's not as cracked up as many people think it is.

Note: The barrel on the VSS extends all the way through the suppressed barrel, so unless you're not worried about the sound or have extra time to build a quiet gearbox, you're going to be heard firing that thing.

Finally, you might want to introduce yourself on the community - right here -> http://www.airsoft-indiana.com/forum/index.php/forum/4-introductions/

JJ, you could invest in a good MOSFET which allows you to shut off fully automatic mode for strict games, and then turn it off when you're just playing around. That's the technical answer to your question. It also won't mean anything to you if you're new to this because frankly (and I'm just assuming here), you're probably not experienced enough to install a computerized MOSFET, let alone build an effective DMR to run it. Choosing quality parts, Matching cylinder to barrel volume ratios just right, perfectly shimming gears, soldering all of your connections without burning your house down, doing good hop up modifications, and understanding just how to tweak the little things to gain performance. It's just not beginner stuff. Sorry.

The logical answer is to just not ever switch it back to full auto after you upgrade it to be an acceptable DMR type of AEG...which is a challenge in and of itself. That's not very nice, and You won't have many friends after a few games.

What I would do is open it up, shim it right, make sure the compression is good, and AOE is adjusted, and then leave it alone until I either:

A. Break it.

or

B. Gain the confidence and knowledge to upgrade it correctly, and responsibly.

Hang around. You'll learn a lot here.

I will chime in here on the DMR thing. A Polarstar or an AEG that has a programmable mosfet would NOT in my personal opinion be considered a DMR. Why?! Too easy to program it to full auto or 3 round burst. Not saying you cannot do it, but be very cautious on how EO's (Event Organizers) will view this. I know my own personal DMR is totally semi-auto only. You can switch it to full-auto but it still only shoots semi. (It chrono's 450fps with .20's) 

Now as far as the player base goes, not everyone can be a DMR ;)  I know in my own team that WILL be regulated. No difference in how many Support Weapons can be on a Squad. So, my advice to you is to play and see WHAT your play style will support and go from there. I know I have no desire to be a support gunner. ( I'm fat, old and slow) 

I have seen players that do NOT belong in this role and need to be fully compliant with the 400fps rules because they are aggressive and are an "in your face" kinda player. 

Also with the DMR rule, you truly need a side arm to deal with the "close" encounters on the field. 

Sorry for thread jacking Crimson. 

Rg nailed it....   DMR is a support role.. and honestly plays a lot like a support gunner.  And is also not for everyone.  Like support its one of those things you play when you can.. First you need a good rifleman setup.. thats your go to.  Because not every game not every team layout needs a dmr role.  Also much like using a P* as a dmr.. you have to be able to completely lock out full auto.  they even make a tournment lock for the P* board that can be zip tied shut at chrono.