Bar 10 Suggestions

ghillieinthemist

Alright guys, I recently picked up a JG BAR 10. Im wanting personal opinions of what you guys think

would be the best for me to do with it upgrade wise. Im not worried about the cosmetic side of things,

and i dont need a zero trigger. On your mark, get set, opinions!

If you plan to run a high fps set up you will need a zero trigger.

First step, hop up, bucking, and barrel. Next would be to begin work on the piston and cylinder assembly. Upgrade to metal parts, and avoid the living shit out of angel custom. Their bolt action parts are garbage.

Good brands to look into would be laylax and pdi. For a barrel, try for a Prometheus 6.03 or other high quality 6.03. Don't go for 6.01, the .03 will actually deliver better results. Other than that, do some research, present us with a parts list, and we can help you further from there.

Biggest thing to remember: don't buy cheap low quality upgrade parts. Its better to upgrade to the known quality parts first, you will save yourself frustration and money that way because the cheaper parts will fail relatively quickly. Bolt actions are a prime example of getting what you pay for.

I have said it before, and I will say it again...

Sniper rifle builds (the good ones) require 2 things in vast quantities: Time, and Money. If you choose to only use one of those aspects, you're wasting both.

Money

Longevity

Performance

You may have 2. Choose wisely.

That being said, you really can't go wrong with anything Ace auggested. He knows what he is doing.

• Upvote 1

I was going to get the well upgrade kit, I heard decent stuff about it. Also I was wondering about gi parts. I want only about 510-525 fps with .20 so I was just going to install a new sear set instead of a zero trigger

Your first upgrade kit makes me cringe. Well parts are garbage. Spectacularly terrible garbage. Buy quality first, and save yourself the wasted time and money of buying shitty parts.

And the new sears aren't a bad idea, but zero trigger wear down less. I've never actually heard of a zero trigger wearing out, except after ~10k rounds on a laylax SP210 (600+FPS).

Fair enough. What about the asgi vsr 10 parts. Are they bad?  I will just wait on the zero trigger until later down the road. I know how nice they are but i dont feel that its needed at the moment.  If the gi parts aren't good enough, where would you suggest getting parts.

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/PDI-VSR-10-Bore-Up-Premier-Cylinder-Compo-Set-HD-p/65383.htm

Edited by ghillieinthemist

Pdi is generally a very good way to go. Haven't heard much on that particular package though.

And if it's branded by GI specifically, don't got for it. House brands tend to suck. However, action army has treated me well as far as longevity goes.

Simply put.. If you dont plan to invest at least 5 times what the gun cost new.. your going to have the range and accuracy of a standard aeg.  So you wanna be a sniper.. List of must haves.  1. Patience 2. A good Radio 3. Enough skill to get close and not be seen.  4. Usually the lowest kill count in the game.

Your are a support role.  You work in information and fear.  

If you want those 100yd shots.. Its cost money.. Your looking 600 and up for a good working weapon.  

Zero trigger is a must to support the heavy spring you will need to get the fps 

I know what it takes to be a sniper. I have been doing it for 2 years. I just havent had a "professional" rifle. Thats what im working on now. Im deserting my m14 build and trying to sell it so i can get parts for my bar 10. Im serious about this, i just need the help.