Bullpups

Angel

I've been using a Classic Army SCAR-L for about a year now and it needs some work, I'll either do some internal work on it or replace it all together. What I want is a bullpup styled gun that uses the abundant STANAG M4 magazine. What I'm asking is whats out there that I could use? I'm considering buying a Tavor but that won't be for awhile. What would you guys recommend?

Do you use mid/low-cap mags? Because the F2000 and UAR will require some modification to work properly. I do not have a Tavor but my L85 will take any M4/16 mag I've put in it. And M4/16 mags wont work in the AUG. My advice, if its a backup primary get the L85 less hassle.

Do you use mid/low-cap mags? Because the F2000 and UAR will require some modification to work properly. I do not have a Tavor but my L85 will take any M4/16 mag I've put in it. And M4/16 mags wont work in the AUG. My advice, if its a backup primary get the L85 less hassle.

I try to use high/mid cap magazines, I have looked at F2000's and they seem really good, I may look into them a little more. I haven't actually seen an L85 airsoft gun, if I can find one I'll definatly look at it.

the G&G F2000 has adjustable FPS but it only takes VFC and G&G mags unless you modify the mags to fit but takes high caps fine

the ICS l85 also  has adjustable FPS  but is adjustments are not as fine tuned,

the ICS isn't light it is a true hunk of steel  one of the only airsoft guns you could actually knock a door lock out with and it still work  not that there are any games that require that kind of entry into a building.

but there is a ICS L85 for dirt cheap on cl http://terrehaute.craigslist.org/spo/4644486308.html

I have both the F2000 and the L85 if you want to check them out before buying one.

Edited by PELI

I own a Famas and they're pretty decent. It won't wow anyone, but it definitely gets the job done and is generally fun to play around with. It's also the lightest gun I own so it has that going for it. I'm not sure about the next game I'll be going to, but I'll definitely let you try it out if I ever see you at a game if you would like.

Edit: Midcaps are a pain to find for Famas'. Tokyo Marui mids are like $30 a mag if you can find em.

Edited by Comrade Wichita

I have a tar 21. There are 2 you can get. 1 has a metal gearbox. The other one is polymer.. I have the polymer.. you can change the spring easy. And the gear box has held up good. It can use mid/high cap mags just fine.

I have a v2 APS UAR coming, and it supposedly fixes the mag issue as well as moves the battery to the buttock... if it ever ships, been on preorder for about a month now

the G&G F2000 has adjustable FPS but it only takes VFC and G&G mags unless you modify the mags to fit but takes high caps fine

the ICS l85 also  has adjustable FPS  but is adjustments are not as fine tuned,

the ICS isn't light it is a true hunk of steel  one of the only airsoft guns you could actually knock a door lock out with and it still work  not that there are any games that require that kind of entry into a building.

but there is a ICS L85 for dirt cheap on cl http://terrehaute.craigslist.org/spo/4644486308.html

I have both the F2000 and the L85 if you want to check them out before buying one.

That ICS L85 looks worth the price, thanks for giving me that link, I'm deffintly going to look into it.

Edited by Angel

That ICS L85 looks worth the price, thanks for giving me that link, I'm deffintly going to look into it.

Thanks Peli, I've been keeping an eye on that one for myself lol.

• 4 months later...

Sorry about the inactivity, but I have gotten a UAR (Urban Assualt Rifle) with a built in tightbore barrel, I plan to upgrade some of the internals but magazines for this thing is hard to come by. The UAR magazines themselves are just mid caps that work like high caps. I'm looking around for magazines but just can't find any.

Hope this helps, its from a review I did July 2013. The mags I use are elite force.

An update to my original review; even though modding the mags allowed them to fit into the magwell, they would not feed. Additional modification was needed. To get the modded mags to feed I had to push the mag at the bottom forward towards the front of the gun. Not a big deal, since the balance on this gun is all rearward until adding tacticool stuff. To aleviate this problem was simple. First attempt was tiny screws on the back of the mag. That worked ok but was extremely tedious. Second attempt was a screw on the top rear of the mag. Totally useless. Then genius hit me. A plastic dixie cup. I cut a strip about an inch and a half long, a quarter inch wide and folded it in half (lengthways). Glued the folded sections together, then glued that a half inch from the top rear of the mag. BINGO problem solved. Every mag feeds flawlessly, and they still work in my other guns too. BONUS.
There is a con to this though. The UAR has a spring which pushes the mag out when the release button is pushed. With this mod that doesnt work very well and in my other guns I have to pull em out. This is a minor inconvience by my standards.

Hope this helps, its from a review I did July 2013. The mags I use are elite force.

An update to my original review; even though modding the mags allowed them to fit into the magwell, they would not feed. Additional modification was needed. To get the modded mags to feed I had to push the mag at the bottom forward towards the front of the gun. Not a big deal, since the balance on this gun is all rearward until adding tacticool stuff. To aleviate this problem was simple. First attempt was tiny screws on the back of the mag. That worked ok but was extremely tedious. Second attempt was a screw on the top rear of the mag. Totally useless. Then genius hit me. A plastic dixie cup. I cut a strip about an inch and a half long, a quarter inch wide and folded it in half (lengthways). Glued the folded sections together, then glued that a half inch from the top rear of the mag. BINGO problem solved. Every mag feeds flawlessly, and they still work in my other guns too. BONUS.

There is a con to this though. The UAR has a spring which pushes the mag out when the release button is pushed. With this mod that doesnt work very well and in my other guns I have to pull em out. This is a minor inconvience by my standards.

Interesting... mind posting a picture or two? Because I have a ton of mags that I use for my SCAR that fit, but don't feed, and that's a problem considering I really don't want to buy more mags.

Edited by Angel

Here are a couple links I found from researching mods for my UAR. 

Standard M4 Midcaps can work but there is a problem with some extra plastic in the mag well. It can be easily removed. Check out this link

http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52006  This has a bunch of great info on the UAR and modifying it.

As for Mags here are a couple places

Airsplat - Both tan and black 190 rd short mags

http://www.airsplat.com/categories/ER-APS-UAR-MAG.htm

Evike - Both colors in 190rd and 300 rd

http://www.evike.com/search/?search_in_description=1&sort=3a&keywords=uar+mag&x=0&y=0

I'll get a picture up this weekend.

Thanks Poncho,

Here are a couple links I found from researching mods for my UAR. 

Standard M4 Midcaps can work but there is a problem with some extra plastic in the mag well. It can be easily removed. Check out this link

http://www.airsoftohio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52006  This has a bunch of great info on the UAR and modifying it.

As for Mags here are a couple places

Airsplat - Both tan and black 190 rd short mags

http://www.airsplat.com/categories/ER-APS-UAR-MAG.htm

Evike - Both colors in 190rd and 300 rd

http://www.evike.com/search/?search_in_description=1&sort=3a&keywords=uar+mag&x=0&y=0

Thanks Lebel I'll have to look into that.. and the magazines

Well guys, I screwed up. I took apart my UAR to see whats inside and when I put it back together, the spring for the charging handle was bent beyond repair.... Anyone know where I can replace it?