Official Patch For Blind Fury Xi Hq

targetpractice

Okay everyone,

Sorry it's a little late on the patch this year, I've had to deal with my design machine being down and it's not fully up to speed yet (running on half the RAM it used to), and other real life stuff getting in the way.

Anyway, it's that time of the year again when we prepare travel out to Ohio and show them what us Hoosier airsofters can do. I kinda liked the original patch design for BFXI, but it didn't quite have the same impact as BFX did and I wanted to apply the lessons learned from last year. With more the storyline, faction and other information coming in for BFXI I've scrapped the old patch and come up with a new design that would be better suited for this year.

Being under General Zoloft continues Airsoft Indiana's fine tradition of being a fearsome OPFOR. In light of this I've incorporated the elements into what I hope will be an eye-catching and unique patch that I hope we would wear with pride and also be a a reminder of the fun we've had together, since we'll only wear it for two days at most:

BF11%2520Patch%2520FINAL.png

Edit: This is the final design. Please let me know how many patches you'll need and I will request for a quote July 18. I will be using a different material this time, which would cost a little more, but will have better color, longer lasting and will not fall apart like last years. Expect the final price to be approx $5. I will not keep any profits. As per my tradition, all profits from Blind Fury patch designs will go to paying for AI's server fund, so to base price will likely be $5 each, but additional donations to the site are welcome.

Edited by targetpractice
Final design locked down. Editing all responses with old artwork.

I see have made the R's backward... do you still pronounce them like L's? :D

In all seriousness, it looks great. Good work as always TP.

<deleted - look at beginning of topic to view final design>

Edited by targetpractice
Design finalized. This is now outdated.

<deleted - look at beginning of topic to view final design>

Edited by targetpractice
Design finalized. This is now outdated.

Nice, as usual. B)

My suggestions:

1) Go with the fist in the middle.

2) Switch "11" to "XI", Russians love Roman numerals too.

3) Switch the OD to a Khaki tone, like Soviet Afghanka color.

4) Keep the letters and stars around the edges red, just a dull blood red instead of bright red.

5) Go with "Glorious Eradicators" on the bottom. "Zoloft" is the storyline name, nobody gonna remember that.

I see have made the R's backward... do you still pronounce them like L's? :D

In all seriousness, it looks great. Good work as always TP.

Actually the those reverse "R's" are pronounced "ya"

No-Fun-Allowed_l.1.jpg

I personally would like a choice between a red or green patch, mostly because I prefer the look of the red more. Also, yeah, get rid of the hammer and sickle. people will get the wrong idea if they saw that in public.

Edited by Comrade STALKER

TP, as usual, you are the master patch maker. Count me down for one, I'll see if any of my guys that go want one as well.

TP, the fist is from Red Faction, isn´t it? ;)

Actually I just Googled it. So low-viz fist, red lettering, slight color change, change in wording as suggested, which works for me because I kept thinking the name "Zoloft" sounded familiar until I realized it was a trade name for an anti-depressant. Of course, our opponents will need Zoloft when we're done with them :)

I personally would like a choice between a red or green patch, mostly because I prefer the look of the red more. Also, yeah, get rid of the hammer and sickle. people will get the wrong idea if they saw that in public.

Good point. As cool as the hammer and sickle looked, it would be awkward if it was left on someone's backpack and seen in public, as evidenced by a certain someone last year.

Edited by targetpractice

Nice, as usual. B)

My suggestions:

1) Go with the fist in the middle.

2) Switch "11" to "XI", Russians love Roman numerals too.

3) Switch the OD to a Khaki tone, like Soviet Afghanka color.

4) Keep the letters and stars around the edges red, just a dull blood red instead of bright red.

5) Go with "Glorious Eradicators" on the bottom. "Zoloft" is the storyline name, nobody gonna remember that.

I like this point for point. Very Russiany.

The hammer-and-sickle might be a little too communist, so as an alternative I have a fist instead, to symbolize our intent to smash our opponent:

BF11%2520Patch%25202.png

Forgot to mention that the final design will be 3". It's pretty late now, but I'll do a low-viz design tomorrow evening when I get home from work.

Very much agree with that assestment. No Hammer/Sickle (while cool) it is misleading and may make three letter acronyms more curious/nervous about what this site promotes.

Great looking patch! However, I would change the fist color to either green or black, just to keep the colors similar. The yellow on the fist just jumps out at me. Anyways, I don't have much room to talk, I can't design anything :P But it's still looks good!

Actually I just Googled it. So low-viz fist, red lettering, slight color change, change in wording as suggested, which works for me because I kept thinking the name "Zoloft" sounded familiar until I realized it was a trade name for an anti-depressant. Of course, our opponents will need Zoloft when we're done with them :)

I knew I wasn't crazy. Well, that's still up for debate, I suppose. But still. Who came up with it? Out of curiosity?

Alright peeps, the final design is locked down after receiving the feedback from you guys. Given the time crunch (We have two months!) I will go ahead and get a quote done in the morning. Final patch will be printed vinyl, which has more accurate colors, and does not fray, and measures 3" in diameter.

Like last year, if team leaders can let me know the numbers needed for your teams, I can go ahead and compile the final numbers. Let's see if we can get the orders ready to go by July 18th. Any idea how many total we'll need roughly?

BF11%2520Patch%2520FINAL.png

Edited by targetpractice
Made final adjustments to design

I talked to the team and I'll need 8 at max and we have 30 (minus me, and two friends) signed up on our roster

[Holland] YYYEESSSSSS!!!! [/Holland]

That is exactly what I had in mind TP, looks great! I think we'll have ~8 guys from Third Group going, so 12-ish for us?

Guffie will likely want some too, I sent them a link.