**cancelled** Build Day For Mccordsville Field 8-16-14

williamc

Hey guys,

I am going to have a build day, cook out on 8-16-14 I just picked a date. If need to change i can figure it out.

Cook out will be a pitch in. I will bring some burgers and hot dogs. I have to find a small grill.

Build day items

If anyone can bring items to build, wood,skids, anything that could be burned  years later when it degrades

Bring your tools.

I would like to get a running list of food and items and tools.

I really Thank anyone that can come help.

Food

Williamc Hamburgers/Hotdogs

Items

Tools

Williamc Drill/Hammer

Lemme double check my calendar, but if we're good I'll bring a couple cases of water, hammer and a drill.

Williamc

I had a wonderful time playing on the field Sunday and to boot you are hosting a build day on a Saturday, which suits me much better than Sundays for the drive.  I would love to help on that build day, the only problem is it is within a week of my wife's due date.  She might get pissed.  All the same I have a lot of wood scraps around the house that you could have and I could deliver to you to use or burn as you desire.  It isn't a lot but I would love nothing more than to help you make that facility better than it already is.

Let me know if you would like those items and I can bring them on one of my trips through the area.  Thanks

Great idea Will. You may want to check with some of the local shops (walmart, meijer, lowes, etc) They may have scrap wood/pallets you can have for free as long as you can transport them.

Should be good to go but will have to double check as August gets closer.

Hey WC, I might still have one in the shed. Lemme check it out today and I'll let you know.

I think I can come. I"ll bring a hammer, and screwdriver with a whole lot of different heads. Anything else you need? Don't think I have a lot of building material.

Oh hey, I keep forgetting to update - yes WC, I have a small charcoal grill - 22" or so. We'll be good to go as long as we have a spot to dump the coals.

Oh hey, I keep forgetting to update - yes WC, I have a small charcoal grill - 22" or so. We'll be good to go as long as we have a spot to dump the coals.

cool. We have a spot.

Josh Building supplies is what we need right now

And some hot dog buns and hamburger buns,

Little update guys. I have not had a chance or able to use the trailer to get skids.

I need to know if anyone else is bringing any food items.  And if anyone is bringing wood.

Im thinking of maybe talking to homedepot or lowes and see how much broke plywood is. If its not to bad i can still use it.

I will be there around 9 to start working on things

i can get u some skids but ill only be able to drop them off if i have to work. if i have that sat off ill bring tools skids etc. do u want weed wackers and mowers to trim down plantlife? 

i can get u some skids but ill only be able to drop them off if i have to work. if i have that sat off ill bring tools skids etc. do u want weed wackers and mowers to trim down plantlife?

That's great. A weed wacker would be good

Edited by williamc

Hey WC, are you aware if there's any poison ivy on the property? Some herbicide might come in handy.

I'm not cutting much down. Just around staging..

I can find out about digging. Don't know if he will let us since it floods

Guys I have to cancel this build day. Sorry. I have to fill in for someone at work.

Anyone wanting to donate items to the field PM me to let me know when you can drop them off.

All who donate items will receive discount field fees for a few games

Bummer. Well, let us know when you've got it rescheduled then. I'll change the title.

Edited by targetpractice

Hey, targetpractice, don't lock this event yet. I'm talking to williamc to see if I can take over for him, since I am co-leader of the team. The field really needs some upgrades, so it would be a shame to cancel this.