Warning About Lion Claws

CStahl

Everyone,

A heads up about the organizers of the Lion Claws series games. On May 15 myself and Jump Boots paid the event fee to attend Operation Liberty on July 11-13. I paid $160, and I believe he paid $200 due to the Alumni, and non-alumni price difference. Six days after registering (5/21/14) Lionclaws posted on the Liberty forum that the event might be going to a Lion Pride event rather than a 3 day operation.So I checked back on the forum again yesterday (5/31/14) and there was no update as to whether or not the even had been downgraded. So I decided to check what all came with the entry to this event again on the registration page, and when I checked that page I noticed the prices were now set to $60, and $80 for alum, and non-alum, as well as the even only being a single day event (7/12/14). 

After seeing that I posted on the Lion Claws facebook page yesterday 5/31/14 asking for a reason that no email had been sent out regarding the change of price, the shortening of the event, or even an option for a refund. As of the time of this post I still have not gotten a response regarding this issue, nor an email or a refund. I will update this post as I get work from Lion Claws regarding this issue. But other player please be cautious of this as they have now shown if they downgrade an event they might not give any warning or a refund payment. 

Here is the link to the Lion Claws forum page for Liberty:

http://www.oplionclaws.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=176

Here is a snip of my paypal history proving the payment, and no refund as of today: (Best of USA Marketing is Lion Claws parent company)

Capture_zps2e78aed0.png?t=1401668623

Edited by CStahl

It is a weekend. Shoot their customer service address an e-mail, explain the situation and I'm sure they have a plan in place for refunds for people that paid the full 3-day entry fee. I doubt you are the only one.

I just read there forum. Im sure they will get your money back. They probably have a ton of people changing there minds about it.

Edited by williamc

I think you'll be alright man. It's a lot of people signed up for it. Give it a few days and they'll get you sorted out, I doubt LC will try to swindle you.

I also paid for this event. Once I seen it was downgraded to a Lion Pride event, I emailed John Lu directly and received a refund within 24hrs. Did you email him directly?

I have all info recorded necessary, and will be emailing Lion Claws directly this evening. However  I really should not have to email their customer service. If they truly have customer service then they should have contacted me before anything happened rather than making me find out for myself. They could have at least made an announcement about this change. 

• Upvote 1

jlu@olcmss.com

John Lu's email.. This is the only way to receive a refund. Make sure you put your Paypal trans. # in the email.

Lionclaws

Wed May 21, 2014 10:33 am

Liberty may be downgraded to Lion Pride

Liberty maybe downgraded to Lion Pride event (one-day) depending on numbers this weekend. Should Liberty be downgraded to a one-day Op, it'll be Sat. Jul. 12th.

@Lion Pride is our 1-day, minor friendly ops. Revised Liberty status:

Alumni $60

None-alumni $80

minors 15+ allowed

Cap at 150 pax

No VIPs/sides remain the same

No alumni status (alumni status always apply to Three-Day ops only)

Chief of Staff/Game Design remain the same via Mr. Greg Brothers

Those who registered/paid but do not wish to attend as Lion Pride may request for a full refund via jlu@olcmss.com title Liberty Refund, please include your full name. Thank you.

Those who registered/paid and wish to play, please e mail Liberty GTG via jlu@olcmss.com (please include your full name) and we'll process the price difference back to you.

We are OUT for LC-XIII this weekend, won't process anything till Tue. May 27th.

jlu@olcmss.com

John Lu's email.. This is the only way to receive a refund. Make sure you put your Paypal trans. # in the email.

Lionclaws

Wed May 21, 2014 10:33 am

Liberty may be downgraded to Lion Pride

Liberty maybe downgraded to Lion Pride event (one-day) depending on numbers this weekend. Should Liberty be downgraded to a one-day Op, it'll be Sat. Jul. 12th.

@Lion Pride is our 1-day, minor friendly ops. Revised Liberty status:

Alumni $60

None-alumni $80

minors 15+ allowed

Cap at 150 pax

No VIPs/sides remain the same

No alumni status (alumni status always apply to Three-Day ops only)

Chief of Staff/Game Design remain the same via Mr. Greg Brothers

Those who registered/paid but do not wish to attend as Lion Pride may request for a full refund via jlu@olcmss.com title Liberty Refund, please include your full name. Thank you.

Those who registered/paid and wish to play, please e mail Liberty GTG via jlu@olcmss.com (please include your full name) and we'll process the price difference back to you.

We are OUT for LC-XIII this weekend, won't process anything till Tue. May 27th.

Yes I saw that. But no where does it say this even has definitely been downgraded as of "x" date. 

Your best route is to contact John Lu directly as stated above. That is normally the surefire route to getting results.

John Lu

Operatioin LIBERTY - Lion Pride

May 27 at 2:42pm

It's 100% official. Liberty is now a Lion Pride event. Chief of Staff/Game Design elements won't change. Mr. Greg Brothers is still in charge. Revised registration link will go live this evening. PLEASE READ update via FORUM first. Thank you.

Here it is.. Sorry took awhile to find it. Unacceptable that they would post this anywhere other than the forum that everyone reads.

Anyway, hope you get your money back!

Thanks Rated R. John Lu returned payment, but has told me to check the forums which is still very misleading...