A/b Mosfets And The Anti Reversal Latch

Crimson

So been doing some homework and have seen people removing the antireversal latch on a gearbox. Anyone tried this. Thoughts behind it are to stop gearbox lockup and to let the piston stop the same on every cycle. So has anyone tried this. Building my dmr and was trying to decide on which way to go with it.

i have removed a anti reversal latch on a v.3 gearbox have not put it back in gun and tried it but will post the results when I do may be a little while though

Roy, i believe what Crimson is asking is if he were to place a mosfet in his gun, would he be able to remove the anti reversal latch due to the mosfet stopping the gearbox's cycle perfectly each time. Without a mosfet, removing the ARL would harm the living crap out of a gearbox.

Im actually quite curious about this as well. Installing some ASCUs and the manual says to not reinstall the latch, but that if the guns motor is not very strong then to keep the latch in.

So yeah, not sure if the latch would actually harm the gun to keep in or not. I feel like it should be left in, just as a safety measure for the gearbox....

Acer would be correct I am refering to using a A/B (Active breaking) Mosfet.   Just wandering if anyone has real world experience doing this and what worked best.  I know there would be no harm in leaving it in other then the occasional chance of a lockup.  Which is usually a easy fix by a few rounds in full auto.  But the build I am doing is Semi auto only in a V3.  Hence I have removed the selector plate completely.

Personally, would leave the ARL in in the event that the motor brushes start to wear or the A/B starts to fail, not having the ARL might mean the piston will decompress on trigger release. In the event that you pull the trigger before the piston resets, you run a much greater risk of shearing gears. Dont believe me? Here is a photo of a spur gear that came out of gun without an ARL.

spurgear2.jpg

Thanks rob that is exaclty the answer I was looking for. And the very thing I was thinking as I was researching on removal of them. I think I will take the chance of a lockup over breaking gears. I just ordered the componets to build a few ab mosfets. And if they function like they claim the reversal latch should never be able to lock the gearbox. But it will make for a good safe guard when it does not.

And if they function like they claim the reversal latch should never be able to lock the gearbox. But it will make for a good safe guard when it does not.

Exact same thoughts here. The only disadvantage to having it in there will be the little amount of noise it makes clicking, :lol: