Operation: Blind Fury 2014 Load-Out

Chronos

Hey guys, this will be my first year going to OP: Blind Fury. I've heard that it's pretty intense, so I'm very excited. I like to think ahead whenever I know a big game is coming up, so I have already created my load-out for this year's game. Feedback would be very much appreciated, and I hope to see most of you at OP: Blind Fury.

Load-out for OP: Blind Fury

Guns:

CYMA M14 EBR

ASG Licensed STI Duty One 1911 Blowback CO2 Pistol

Magazines:

10x King Arms 110rd Mid-Cap

3x ASG STI Tac Master 1911 CO2 26rd Magazine

BBs:

8000x .28g Biodegradable Goldenball Seamless (for M14 EBR)

4000x .23g Biodegradable Goldenball Seamless (for 1911)

Batteries:

2x VB-Power 8.4v 1600 mAh

Gun Accessories:

NcStar 3-9x40 Scope

NcStar Tactical Foregrip

UTG Deluxe Picatinny Rail Foldable Bipod

G-Force OpSpec One-Point Bungee Sling (change to two-point?)

2x 100rd Speed Loader (more or less?)

Tactical Gear:

Green-based Camouflage Jacket and Pants

Green-based shirt

Military Boots

Lancer Tactical Crossdraw Vest

AMA Urban Assault Waist Utilipack

VISM MOLLE Tactical Dump Pouch

ZAN Headgear Neoprene Skull Lower Face Mask

ANSI Z87.1 Certified Orange-Tinted Full-Seal Goggles

PASGT Tactical Helmet

Condor Outdoor MOLLE Hydration Carrier with 2.5L Bladder

1x Radio with Earpiece

Pair of Leather Gloves

Other Necessities:

Ibuprofen

8x Gallons of Water (too much?)

Edited by jchinsky

Holy crap! Yeah too much possibly. There's like a 200ft elevation or something like that, and I've no idea how you're gonna haul 8 gallons.

Consider how much your gun weighs too. For this year I'm basically reducing my weight significantly - I've actually knocked off 2 pounds off my AR, and intend to carry less ammo.  Your hydro bladder should do the trick for on-person water. Take 1, at most 2 gallons with you. Or, if you have a squad, maybe look into getting one of those larger containers and tag-team it (though you want to make sure you finish off that water before endex). Also bring some something to replace your lost electrolytes and/or minerals (I recommend Pedialyte).

You forgot food. I tend to bring energy bars. 2 speedloaders should be alright, you can only load them one at a time anyway and a spare is always useful. I tend to bring two, and refill them once I'm done loading so I'll at least have 200 rounds ready to go on the speedloaders. Magazines is a matter of personal preference, but I'm willing to bet that you're gonna decide you're going to carry less by the time BFXI rolls around.  Last year I carried 9 mags on me (lost one), and I didn't appreciate the extra weight.  This year I'll take 6 at most. Look into converting your gun to LiPo. They're a lot lighter.

The one thing to consider with a cross-draw vest is that you're going to lose a lot of carrying capacity with that pistol strapped to your vest. On that note, pistols are also debatable. You'll notice that not everyone carries a pistol.  As a DMR (which I'm assuming that's what you're doing based on your load) you'll be hanging back a bit more and having your buddies be a meat shield for you. By the way, your M14 mags are going to fit into your vest, right?

Get rid of the bungee sling and go to a two-point or a one/two-point convertible sling (trust me on this). Bipods are debatable. Airsoft is close enough you won't likely need one, depending on the ranges. Check with Ace on that. You probably won't need a foregrip either, but that's up to you. That M14 is heavy enough as it is.  If you absolutely must have a bipod and foregrip, figure out if a Grip-Pod would work (it's a bipod and grip in one).

The best thing to do is to go to as many games as possible over the next few months, so you can get a feel for how much your gear weighs after several hours on the field. You'll also figure out what you'll need and what you won't. I think I've managed to shave off 5 pounds on weight and bulk of equipment over the past year of playing (it did probably cost me several hundred bucks of equipment changes since August, but that's why I'm telling you now, so you won't have to make the same mistakes I did). Take a small pack with you, dropping off some of the non-essentials, and leaving it at base camp (for example, if you know you're gonna be out for 2 hours, just take enough energy bars with you to stave off the hunger, not the whole box).  Like I said, go to a few games, figure out the hard way what works and what doesn't, and learn how everyone else deals with their load.

Green camo, water, food, gun...looks like you got it covered. TP's advice looks spot on as usual (skimmed through, TL;DR).

The most important things are staying hydrated, listen to your SL and PL, and have fun.

• Upvote 1

Green camo, water, food, gun...looks like you got it covered. TP's advice looks spot on as usual (skimmed through, TL;DR).

The most important things are staying hydrated, listen to your SL and PL, and have fun.

You forgot ammo.

By the way, your M14 mags are going to fit into your vest, right?

Yes, they fit (thankfully). What do you think of this load-out now?

Load-out for OP: Blind Fury

Guns:

CYMA M14 EBR

Magazines:

10x King Arms 110rd Mid-Cap

BBs:

8000x .28g Biodegradable Goldenball Seamless (for M14 EBR)

Batteries:

2x VB-Power 8.4v 1600 mAh

Gun Accessories:

NcStar 3-9x40 Scope

2-Point Sling

2x 100rd Speed Loader

Tactical Gear:

Green-based Camouflage Jacket and Pants

Green-based shirt

Military Boots

Lancer Tactical Crossdraw Vest

ZAN Headgear Neoprene Skull Lower Face Mask

ANSI Z87.1 Certified Orange-Tinted Full-Seal Goggles

Condor Outdoor MOLLE Hydration Carrier with 2.5L Bladder

1x Radio with Earpiece

Pair of Leather Gloves

Other Necessities:

Ibuprofen

2x Gallons of Water

Small Box of Energy Bars

Pedialyte

Side Notes:

I think I will stick with 10 mid-caps, as I still have yet to learn the meaning of the phrase "ammo conservation".  :D

As a DMR (which I'm assuming that's what you're doing based on your load)

That is correct.

Well, nothing else to do than to just show up and see if the loadout works, I guess.

Oh, here's an idea.  If you want to see how you do on an extended period with that loadout, consider going to Op: Pandora or Op: African Fever.  They're on the same weekend, and both are two-day events.  CREW is running Pandora (June 14-15) and costs $75 out in LaPorte, IN and the Muffin Men are going to African Fever (June 13-14) costing $25 (if the price hasn't changed since last year) and is out in Simpsonville, KY.  Look up details on the game threads.

Why don't we all chip in our loadouts and make this a little BF loadout thread... I'll go

Vest:

Avengers Replica Crye JPC

Condor Hydration Carrier

Triple Ten Speed BFGs, with mag inserts

Gun:

Magpul PTS MOE M4

552 Replica Holo

AFG 2

MBUS rear sight with triangle front

TLR-2 Replica pistol light (yes I know its a pistol light)

7.4v 2200 mah battery

6 MAG brand mid caps with 2 in the hydro

Camo:

ATACS FG

Eh, why not. 

Vest:

HSGI Woosatch with 5x HSGI Taco mag pouches
Hydration pack with 3L bladder
Puxing 777 with MSA Sordin Dual Comms.

Belt:

HSGI Suregrip with 4x pistol mag pouches and dropleg serpa

Boots:

5.11 Tactical Taclite 8in waterproof boots

Weapons:

Polarstar Scar-H SSR (DMR role)

15x midcaps

Tokyo Marui HK45

4x extra mags. 

Camo:

Hopefully whatever color Indiana is running this year, but because that worked out so well last year, not sure what color yet. 

various food and other necessary items. 

CREW is running Pandora (June 14-15) and costs $75 out in LaPorte, IN

Thanks, that helps a lot. I was hoping for a chance to try my load-out before BF.

I'll play along :)

Vest:

LBT 6094-A

BFG 10 Speed Triple M4

HSGI Radio Pouch

Eagle Industries MAP

Belt:

HSGI Sure Grip Padded Belt /cobra

BFG 10 Speed double M4

BFG 10 Speed single M4

3x HSGI Pistol Tacos

Tactical Tailor dump pouch

KAOS KWA ATP holster

Uniform:

I've got a pair of Crye G3 Multicam pants if we go tan and a MASSIF shirt.

If we go green it's MARPAT trousers, and Frog top.

5.11 ATAC Coyote boots (comfy and covered in grease from work)

Oakley SI M-Frame 2.0's with a Helo kit.

Airsoft guns:

P* M4

KWA ATP

Rifle accessories:

10x G&P Polymer magazines

Elcan Spectre DR clone

OSTS Modified Olight M3X Triton light

Masada flash hider and suppressor

MagPul Furniture

Other stuff:

3x ATP Magazines

Nitecore MH2C light

2x Gorilla HPA tanks

SCUBA Tank (refills)

Radio and communications setup

Lots of water, Gatorade, and Beef Jerky

Batteries

ETA: To be clear, I am not an impressionist. I bought 90% of this stuff for training ACTUAL drills, and bought it over time. I know some people have problems with hardcore MILSIM players, and I wanted to clarify ahead of time that I do not fall into that category. I just want comfortable gear, and reliable, effective equipment. :)

Edited by SASQUATCH

Unless you're superbly trigger happy, that amount of ammo should not be necessary. I carried 3k rounds int he field with me at BFX, 500 for my L96 and 2500 extra .28's for if my buddy and anyone else needed some in a heartbeat. I used maybe 200 rounds myself, and gave all but 500 of the .28's to a member of modsquad? (unsure) who needed them.

Water is your best friend, and protein/energy bars are a good idea as well.

I use my L96 a fair amount, and 97% of the time, if I'm using the bipod it's because I have nowhere convenient to rest the rifle to take a shot, or if someone's taking a pic of me. More often than not I will rest the rifle on a fallen log or a branch, and the bipod simply adds weight and gets in the way. I removed it probably 6 hours into BFX, was too cumbersome.

Now, I guess I'll throw my intended loadout in.

VEST:

Tactical Tailor Mini Mav either with flashbang pouch, medic pouch, and pistol mag pouches (fit L96 mags perfectly) OR 4 M4 mag pouches, with added flashbang pouch (for aug setup)

Condor 2.5l hydration pack

BOOTS:

5.11 8" waterproof boots (lawdy these things are comfortable)

WEAPONS:

Sniper loadout: L96, 2-4 mags, VFC M&Pc GBB pistol+2 mags.

backup loadout: CA AUG A2, 5 mags, VFC M&Pc GBB pistol+2 mags.

CAMO:

Ye Old Ever-So-Trusty Woodland camo. Maybe a ghillie. I haven't decided yet :P

NOURISHMENT:

4-5L of water in total (1/2 on my person, 1/2 in my field pack), gatorade powder packets, beef jerky, granola bars, and some energy bars.

My first event on this forum was a Blind Fury event, and I survived unpillaged/plundered. If you can't make it to an event prior to Blind Fury 11, don't worry. This is a very welcoming and helpful community, especially in the field.

Edited by Acer34p3r

Acer, if I were you, I would wear Ghillie bottoms and a Ghillie hate because IMO the full suit would be insanely hot.

Seems like a fun thread, why not B)

Rig

Lancer Tactical RRV with attached hydro carrier

Condor 4x double stack M4 pouches

Condor utility pouch

Condor admin pouch

Condor radio pouch (may change between now and then)

Hydro carrier may be replaced with an LBT map pack*

Miscellaneous Gear

Magpul MS3 sling

Either Oakley M Frames 3.0 with Helo kit or Revision Desert Locust goggles

Oakley SI lightweight gloves

Oakley SI-8 boots

Gun/Magazines

A&K Magpul Masada

Replica 552 holo sight

Magpul RVG

Magpul MBUS rear sight

Replica PEQ-15 or tac light (haven't decided yet)

10x Elite Force mid caps (8x on my person, 1 in the gun, 1 in the pack. 1 high cap also in the pack)

Camo

Depending on what team I'm with*

Project Honor

M81 Woodland

6-color DCU (Chocolate chip desert)

Multicam

This is all I have at the moment, of course it's all subject to change between now and August. Yes I omitted the essentials (water, BB's, snacks, etc.) but that's all stuff that can change with a closer due date, and it's obvious we all need those. ;)

Rig

speedos

Miscellaneous Gear

suntan lotion 30spf 

Gun

Crossman M4 and 1911

Camo

Farmers Tan

• Upvote 3

OK, here's what I'm going to use:

Belt:

*HSGI pistol holser

*HSGI Costa Rig (2 pistol mags, 2 rifle mags, 1 multitool)

*Dump pouch.

*Tactical Tailor 12 grenade belt.

Plate carrier:

*3 Zentauron single mag pouches.

*Tactical Tailor scape and evasion pouch

*Emdom vehicle hydro carrier (3 l. camelback)

*MSM stealth compact pouch.

Guns:

Ares G36+AG36

KWA USP tactical.

Where's his eye protection?

:blink:

Y'know, Joker's used this image a few times before, and you're the first one to notice that.

Anyway jchinsky, don't take these loadouts as gospel, as loadouts tend to be a result of a combination of personal preference and experience.  You don't necessarily have to get the latest and greatest either (eg there's no real need to get a $500 plate carrier if all you're doing is airsoft once a month).  There are some people who have to get every single item used by SEALS/MARSOC/Delta/whatever.  Hey, whatever floats your boat man, but most of us just go with what's going to work (no point carrying 8lbs of real SAPI plates if you're getting shot at by plastic .25gm BBs, right?)

Starblade carrying 15 mags or so is just Starblade.  He's weird like that :P

One of the best examples of a very light load is SZ's.  If I recall correctly, I think all he has is a simple H-harness, a sling bag, 2-3 magazines, goggles, a bandanna, water, a bottle of Powerade Zero and his gun.  He'd practically have to go buck naked to get any lighter (and that, my friends, is your visual for the day.  You're welcome).

Edited by targetpractice
  • Upvote 1

Rig

speedos

Miscellaneous Gear

suntan lotion 30spf 

Gun

Crossman M4 and 1911

Camo

Farmers Tan

I just died laughing! :D

I've often contemplated just using my battle belt with a backpack so I can have some extra mags, and water, it would be much more comfortable, and I'd be a lot more agile, but the old saying "train like you fight" keeps popping back into my head. I wear plates when I shoot, and I workout in my plate carrier a lot, so I figure I might as well wear them when I play.

I still might wear just a belt for smaller skirmishes sometime, but for bigger games, I'll be wearing my carrier with plates. Different strokes for different folks man :)

RIG:

A tactical jock strap, two pieces of elastic, a nun hat, and LOTS of duct tape

WEAPONS:

A rubber chicken (Primary)

A stick fashioned to look like a pistol (runs on the crushed dreams of orphaned children)

EXTRAS:  

A bathtub full of the finest moonshine

Tacos

Free lifetime admission to Poncho's field

CAMO:

A santa suit

• Upvote 2

Starblade carrying 15 mags or so is just Starblade.  He's weird like that :P

Ahem. not my fault you guys dont use a mag shield. 

vQRsBo9.jpg

I saw this thread and said to myself, "Hey, I'll play along.  What the hell..."

So here I am.

Rig:

Tactical Tailor MAV or OE Tech MPC (Depends on if I don't mind getting shot in the nipples)

Weapons:

Any functional ICS gun I can get my hands on.

Some type of sidearm (not really)

Extras:

A boatload of sarcastic remarks

My laptop, an HDMI cable, and the usual suspect DVD collection of Inglourious Basterds, Act of Valor, Zero Dark Thirty, Snatch, Kung-Fu Hustle, Super Troopers, and probably Django Unchained.

You know, for those pre-game drunk hotel room parties.

A Spaniard and/or Asian and their own load of curse words and sarcastic remarks in their respective languages.

Camo:

MARPAT or DCU-3 color Combat Shirt/pants combination or whatever is in my closet that fits the criteria of the game.

.....you don't want to see my night camo...  :blink:  :D  :ph34r:

In all seriousness, water will be your best friend at this game.  8 gallons may be overkill. 3 gallons may not be enough.  Make sure you have extra for you and possibly those next to you.

It's usually 95+ degrees with 90% humidity.  Dress in something breathable and stay hydrated.

Edited by Endgame

Red2, just wear a shoulder holster under your suit's jacket, then go with a 1911 with a suppressor and you'll be golden... oh, and the team colored bandana