Silverback X96 Chassis

AceReaper

sba_x96_prototype.jpg

http://www.airsoft2day.com/index.php?option=com_joomgallery&view=image&format=raw&id=1841&type=img

sba_x96_prototype_02.jpg

sba_x96_prototype_03.jpg

sba_x96_prototype_04.jpg

Found these on the Airsoft Sniper Forum, figured some of you might find this interesting. Drop in chassis for the asg AW308, cybergun mauser, Echo 1 ASG, Maruzen APS2, Tercel MD5, UTG Type 96/MK96, and the Well MB01, MB04, MB05, MB08, and MB014.

Chances are it will cost an arm and a leg, but it's awesome nonetheless. Estimated release date is this year, so that's an added bonus.

Edited by Endgame
You get that thing I sent ya?

Eh it def looks good but I think the sleek look of the OEM stock is just as sexy IMO. I hope one of ya'll gets it and writes a review on it.

That is pretty sexy, I like it. Its been a long while since I owned let alone used a non AK varient airsoft gun. Minus side arms and a couple cheap sniper rifles that I have laying around. I would consider getting this. But im guessing the price is going to be up there, so it will have to wait lol. 

~Joker

From what I understand so far, this is just a stock with no internals. Essentially it's just an ultra sexy lower receiver for APS2 system sniper rifles that you lock the upper receiver from a different rifle into.

SOME MORE INFO: http://www.airsoft2day.com/news/1275-iwa-outdoorclassics-2014-report-.html

Edited by Acer34p3r

I mean that makes sense to me. Most of the time all of the internals get replaced in a custom build with a gun like this anyways so why not just sell the shell (at hopefully a cheaper price that the full weapon might be). And idk what it is with sniper rifles that fold up like that but I love them lol. 

~Joker

Nearly all of my sniper rifle's internals have been replaced, so I just need to drop it in :lol: the last two stock parts of my rifle will be replaced here soon hopefully. And from what I am understanding, they only have an upper receiver in the rifle to show what the completed rifle will look like. The X96 stock is just that-- a stock, one that a different rifle is dropped into. Unfortunately, that necessitates either owning a rifle to drop into it, or buying a rifle alongside the stock to drop into it.

iwa144.jpg

I do want to know if that bolt handle comes with it though.....

I messaged the company over facebook with a few questions, will update here if they are answered. Asked about the drop in capability (if it is as simple as the takedown of stock sniper rifles), whether or not aftermarket pistol grips can be used, and what the potential price point will be.

Edited by Acer34p3r

Heard back from Silverback, some interesting news for you guys.

Hi Nolan,

Here are answers to your questions

1-  the stock is design for use of Real AR15 grip as well as GBBR ones. (yay)

2- Yes, direct drop platform, based on original Maruzen design, then Well, UTG , ect…. (also yay)

3- We don’t have a price yet, and we still don’t know if we will release it because an aluminium CNC will be far way too expensive for Airsoft market, we are studying a high strength Nylon version. (interesting)

Don’t hesitate to contact us again if you have questions or comments

Best regards

*name removed*

Manager

Looks like it will indeed be direct drop in, we will be able to swap the pistol grips, and nylon fiber..... I am intrigued by the nylon fiber.

Been chatting back and forth with the manager, the point on the stock where it folds will be steel for the sake of the structural strength, and the ares where rails bolt into and where the upper receiver bolts on will be either steel or brass inserts.

This isn't going to be a full rifle build, it will literally just be a stock that you can drop the upper receiver from a different rifle into. According to the sales manager at silverback, it will be like the MacMillan stocks for vsr rifles, it will be a simple stock that you drop an upper receiver into.

I understand that, But I will probly have to get another rifle to use for it. In less i can get mine to fit in it. But what i mean is i will have to build up which ever i use. My L96 and vsr are both stock.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Emailed Silverback, they should be announcing the release date of the high strength nylon version of this X96 stock in 3-4 weeks, and they will be releasing more internals parts for both the type 96 and VSR10 platforms than what's currently available from Silverback here very soon.