Indoor Field Please Help!

TK-04 OLLIE

Hey guys I've been working on getting the rights to an abandoned factory for an indoor field. Part of the process they are asking me to submit a business plan. I need to know how many of you would come and how frequently U would attend. Once a month? 2 SATs a month? Also what prices would u be willing to pay? The factory is located 15 min east of muncie and is roughly 6x the size of what Indy indoor was maybe a lil bigger than that. I'll also run a small supply shop out of the front. Please comment below. Mods if this is in the wrong section please let me knowng. where to move it to. Also if u could push this topic I need to find out asap so I can push this process along. Thanks guys!

Edited by ollie

I would pay $20-25 for all day access at least 2 times a month. Possible more if there was a year package that was reasonably priced.

Personally, I think $20 is a little steep, considering the free fields around. Also, your shop will be the money maker. I would come once to check it out, then depending on price and set up, play by ear from there.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to agree with Gadoris on this one. I'd pay around $10 and if attendance is still good and things are still doing well then raise it just a little. I'd come probably once a month if it ran well. (Ex. We don't sit around and wait 4 hours between games, etc)

Edited by DoubleA

I'd pay like $10-15 for all day couple times a month and if you had a supply shop I'd probably pick up my supplies there instead of making the trek to Hobbytown.

Edited by broken

If it really is as large as you say, might be able to get a group down once every month. And $20 is fair for a full day IMHO.

$10-20(depending on size) at least once a month with 4-5 other members of my team. And that would be really nice if you opened up a shop, even if its simple as BBs, Batteries and or basic gear.

I'd do what I could to support the place.  Every other weekend for $20 bringing people along when I could sounds just about right.  Having a place like that would really boost airsoft play so you could expect a decent number of people outside AI to come.  Good enough facility and there will be a decent amount of travel players coming in.  As long as you do the marketing right and keep things up, you might be able to keep it floating.

20 dollars a day is more than reasonable. If they are asking for a business plan, then eventually they are going to want to see an insurance rider to accompany it before they give the go ahead. Be prepared to have to get a federal tax I.d. # , give the owners of the property their cut, and pay out the nose for that special event insurance rider. In all honesty when you look at the cost you will probably be asking individual players to pay between 30-35 dollars a day.

But I hope it works out and takes off. I would attend probably twice a month, during the winter months, no matter what the cost.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for all the input so far. I was thinking $10/all day gameplay with every 10th time free. I'll build the field with movable walls so every time we play, there will be a different experience. It really is a large facility and even has a "courtyard" area I want to incorporate. I haven't been inside yet but there is a video of the outside of the facility on predators Facebook page. Anybody who knows me knows I can manage a place very well I've always held leadership positions and I'm creative as hell. I have experience in construction maintenance sales and management so if I can get a deal worked out I'll keep this place going. Any ideas are appreciated

• Upvote 1

IAC has your back. we all would love to see a indoor place. and I would go at least once a month or more if I could open a carpool.

I'd being willing to pay $20 for a full days access, in addition to that I'd also go once or twice a month. I just beg that we don't sit around fr hours hoping other players will show up like we did at IIA, I couldn't stand that.

I'd be willing to pay $15-$20 for all day, as well as probably could bring 2 or 4 extra players each time, a couple times a month.

I would definitely be down for a couple times a month and paying anywhere from $15-$25 for a days worth of play. Would even have a couple guys come with me from time to time.

20 dollars a day is more than reasonable. If they are asking for a business plan, then eventually they are going to want to see an insurance rider to accompany it before they give the go ahead. Be prepared to have to get a federal tax I.d. # , give the owners of the property their cut, and pay out the nose for that special event insurance rider. In all honesty when you look at the cost you will probably be asking individual players to pay between 30-35 dollars a day.

But I hope it works out and takes off. I would attend probably twice a month, during the winter months, no matter what the cost.

^Solid advice all around.

Incorporate your business, get your insurance, keep really good records, make sure you do the numbers ten times over before signing any contracts, don't go into business with anyone you wouldn't trust your life to. Once all that is squared away and it gets off the ground the key is regulating and gearing everything towards your customers, allowing bad apples in will stop others from regularly attending, and will really hurt your bottom line.

We've seen well over a dozen of these businesses pop up over the last ten years, they all fail within a year because they don't have a solid business plan, and let their staff act like asshats to players. If it was easy everyone would already be doing it, so don't expect a cakewalk, but it is doable with the right group of guys.

If you want some help looking over numbers or advice in general let me know. I genuinely hope you guys can make it work out.

• Upvote 1

I would hit this up monthly! $20-ish is more than groovy a price for all day dakka dakka. And would be more than happy to carpool with peeps. I'm cool like that.

Edited by Red 2

I'd pay 20 for an all day session. If I can get a free Saturday, I would be more than obliged to take up a friend or two and play a fun day of airsoft!