Asylum_88

Okay, this is a bit of a multi faceted question/situation.

I have an AGM M4 that is still a semi work in progress and I plan on making into a DEVGRU style platform. It's at a stand still now because I've found out the hard way that the Elite Force mid cap magazines DO NOT fit, and I mean not even close. They barely make it past the flared opening of the mag well.

Now comes my dilemma..

• Does anyone know if any brand metal lower would fit an AGM M4 metal upper? With relative ease of modification.

• If that isn't an option, how about any brand metal body altogether which will fit a front wired, AGM M4 metal gearbox?

• Finally, would the answer to either question above accept Elite Force mid cap magazines?

What I'm trying to do is avoid using one set of magazines for one gun, and another set of magazines for another. I apologize for the long winded post, but I had to get something out there because I've been unable to find an answer yet anywhere..

I don't see why an Elite Force STANAG mag wouldn't fit your magwell, unless you got an EMAG standard one somehow. 

We're talking about these, right?  Plastic, with a grip texture?  http://www.evike.com/products/39409/

I have an Elite Force midcap, and it fits in my ICS just fine.  I totally see your point about keeping the same set of mags though, I like keeping the same standard of mags myself.  I have an ICS hicap, KWA120 and some metal midcap that we could try it with.

Edited by targetpractice

We're talking about these, right?  Plastic, with a grip texture?  http://www.evike.com/products/39409/

One would think that almost any STANAG mag would work, they don't. Those are the exact mags I bought, and nothing. I have a D Boy high cap which fits and feeds but it's tight, to the point the paint on the both the mag and mag well are scrapped off.

If worst comes to worst I may purchase a few more mags in the future, but for now I think a new body would be more cost effective. Even in the long run.

One would think that almost any STANAG mag would work, they don't. Those are the exact mags I bought, and nothing. I have a D Boy high cap which fits and feeds but it's tight, to the point the paint on the both the mag and mag well are scrapped off.

If worst comes to worst I may purchase a few more mags in the future, but for now I think a new body would be more cost effective. Even in the long run.

As far as mid caps go, they are cheap and rightly so. Many of us beat the hell out of them and put them through a lot and loose them left and right. Its why I personally just run the King Arms mags. Cheap, reliable, and I don't care when I loose and break them.

Put it this way. Buy a new set of mags (say a 10 pack), and you have them for the new gun. For your old gun, you then have these plus your old ones. And over time you can slowly phase out the old ones for new mags. And this will cost all of like $65.

Anyways, its going to be hard finding just a lower that will be compatible, and to add to it, you wont know just how compatible it is until you have bought it and have it to test. For this reason you'd probably want to buy a full receiver set. That's going to run at least $100, plus again, you never know just how tight your D-ring, Barrel, and buffer tube will fit on it. Although most parts are interchangeable and its rare to hit issues, tolerances on everything from different companies are always different, so again, you wont know until you buy it. And after all this, there is still that random chance that you mags wont fit the mag well.

Contrary to what you said above, I believe that it will be more cost effective to just buy a new lot of mags that fit. The only way a new receiver will be more cost effective is it is bought secondhand off of someone and you are allowed to test it before purchasing.

Good luck with your decision. Hope it all works out for you.

Hanback you make an extremely valid point about the different brands and tolerances, this I understand. I'm just hoping that maybe someone may know so that I wouldn't have to go through all the hassle of doing what you just explained. (everyone likes it to be easy B))  I'm exploring all options at this point, due to the fact that the project is at a stand still currently.

To go along with the new mag idea, I can alter the question a little. Which magazine brands do fit in AGM M4 bodies?

As of right now I know D Boys does (just barely), anyone else?

if you'd like I have a Elite Force lower you could test with it, If it works I'd let it go cheap, Shoot me a PM.

if you'd like I have a Elite Force lower you could test with it, If it works I'd let it go cheap, Shoot me a PM.

Trying to PM you, but it's telling me that you can't receive messages.