Asylum_88

I've been looking around and haven't been able to find a thread about goggles vs. safety glasses/low profile goggles, such as the Smith Optics Boogie Regulator goggles.

So my question is, has anyone used them?  I want to try and avoid using bulkier goggles with simply wearing a boonie hat (at least for my current loadout) for now I want to keep the light weight pointman look but the ESS and Oakley type goggles are killing the look for me haha

I currently have the Smith Optics Boogie Regulators.  I think Eagle and Beastmug have them as well.

They're comfortable and very low profile, but to me, they fog a little easier than most regular goggles.  I got the Boogie Bungie straps to keep them from being so tight on my face, which I feel was the cause of the fogging.

I also have ESS goggles as well as a couple of unknown/no-name goggles that serve me just as well.  If you're dead-set on getting the Boogie Regulators, be careful not to confuse the standard fit vs. the Asian fit (They really call them that).  There is a difference in how they fit the bridge of your nose.  The less entry points on your goggles in airsoft, the better.

Savvy. As long as they don't fog too much more then I think they're worth the investment, but I'm still keeping my options open. I probably will end up buying a set of ESS or Oakley goggles at some point, but I think they would look better with a helmet.

When I didn't have a helm, I always wore a tactical cap (hat with velcro =tactical) backwards. It looked much better and provided a small layer of forehead protection. I personally use Revision goggles with a custom fan kit on it that my boy Dishboy installed. Very little to no fogging at all. I also use anti fog solution (CatCrap) because I can, merica. Good luck finding whats comfortable for you.

Thank you! I think I'm getting there. Haha I have one of those tactical caps actually. (I'm using that from now on) I haven't given much thought into Revision yet, but now I will to expand my options. I also found some ESS TurboFan goggles online as well, so I'm looking at just about everything out there. Who knows, if the deals are good enough I may have one of each!

I've got Revision Desert Locust Fan goggles and they also work great. A little pricey though, you might wanna do like Peanut did and install your own fan.

eBay has been my friend recently when looking for goggles, and just like you I've found quite a few pairs of ESS goggles around that price.

I've got Revision Desert Locust Fan goggles and they also work great. A little pricey though, you might wanna do like Peanut did and install your own fan.

I've seen how pricey they can be, how do I do it myself? Is there a link floating around the site somewhere?

I have the Chinese knock off of the turbo fans, worked great until the fan died.  More than likely the wiring got pulled out of the unit, from stretching the elastic band.  
I have smith optics boogie regulators as well, I have never ran them because I don't have them modded for my helmet yet.  They are almost too low profile for me, seeing the ventilation holes at the top kind of drives my crazy, its always in my vision.

Right now I'm primarily running save phace 'grunt' knock offs.  With a little cat crap (thanks Peanut) they work amazing, and don't need a fan.

If anyone needs Turbofans, I am happy to share my discount code or order them for you via my Military discount. Comes out to around $100, instead of full retail.

A few here on the forum have done it. Always happy to help! 

Ive used boogies but have since switched to Oakley M Frame 2.0's with the Helo Kit. Still fogs a bit but much more comfortable than wearing tradition full seal goggles.

If anyone needs Turbofans, I am happy to share my discount code or order them for you via my Military discount. Comes out to around $100, instead of full retail.

A few here on the forum have done it. Always happy to help! 

I may keep that in mind when eventually wanting to upgrade to better goggles if I decide to play more often. Thank you!

As of now I have a pair of the Oakley M frames, but from what I've read not many fields allow shooting glasses. So the Boogie's or ESS/Oakley goggles will be my choice.

I've had ESS, Revision, and Valken Zulus.

None have worked as well as, or are as comfortable as my Oakley M-Frame 2.0's with the Helo kit. Well worth the money.

I've had ESS, Revision, and Valken Zulus.

None have worked as well as, or are as comfortable as my Oakley M-Frame 2.0's with the Helo kit. Well worth the money.

Being a huge Oakley fan myself, I will definitely look into them. Even if I don't use them for any other purpose than airsoft, they're Oakley and that's my thing!

I may keep that in mind when eventually wanting to upgrade to better goggles if I decide to play more often. Thank you!

As of now I have a pair of the Oakley M frames, but from what I've read not many fields allow shooting glasses. So the Boogie's or ESS/Oakley goggles will be my choice.

http://www.patriotoutfitters.com/?gclid=CKfv34L0lbwCFe1cMgodDEwAUw#view=details&item=170475&search=*searchText/170475*&currIndex=0&pageSize=60&currSort=score&sortDirection=desc

Makes 2.0 and 3.0 M Frames full seal 

I do have a set of clear Boogie's for sale. PM me if you are interested. 

Never fielded!

See, I'm personally a fan of my Bollés. I think its the x1000 TAC model. Low profile, on the compact side but still large enough for me to wear my glasses, and really good on the fogging. However I know new they ran me around 60$.

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious if anyone knows if these would be considered as full seal and able to be used at airsoft games? 

http://www.amazon.com/KICKBACK-ANTI-FOG-Advanced-Motorcycle-Sunglasses/dp/B005AKQG44/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1393173156&sr=8-3&keywords=kickback+safety+glasses

Its what I use when I ride my motorcycle to keep a lot of the wind out of my eyes. Just trying to slim down my goggles and dont really wanna buy new slimmer ones if these would fit. They are advertised as shatterproof.

Edited by Mark

Just curious if anyone knows if these would be considered as full seal and able to be used at airsoft games? 

http://www.amazon.com/KICKBACK-ANTI-FOG-Advanced-Motorcycle-Sunglasses/dp/B005AKQG44/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1393173156&sr=8-3&keywords=kickback+safety+glasses

Its what I use when I ride my motorcycle to keep a lot of the wind out of my eyes. Just trying to slim down my goggles and dont really wanna buy new slimmer ones if these would fit. They are advertised as shatterproof.

Even if they are advertised as shatterproof, it might not be up to the standards that a lot of fields require. Most fields require something that is ANSI Z87.1+ rated. If you are in the market for a good slim pair of eye pro, I'd suggest looking into the Smith Optics Boogies.