Best Hand Gun Holster

Truth maker

I have bought and tried at least 6 different styles and don't like any of them, I have a double shoulder holster, drop leg, 3 different single Molle and belt style . Wanting to hear what style works for any one else. Best thing I have found is to put it in my chest rig pouch but its not a very fast access able way to carry. I'm looking for something that is quick draw and doesn't flop around when running and won't loose my gun from coming undone

I've seen some guys use Serpa or Kydex holsters mounted to molle straps at chest level, but it depends on what type of chest rig or harness you're using.

Truth be told, unless you're playing nothing but CQB, don't worry about it.

i run a Blackhawk Serpa for my handguns, coupled with the dropleg mount its a great platform. i know friends and teammates who use them mounted to chest or to belt as well and like that. as far as retention goes, they are great for holding your gun, the worst ive had was the screws on mine coming loose and the whole holster falling off -_-

Truth be told, unless you're playing nothing but CQB, don't worry about it.

While I don't normally carry a sidearm for airsoft, I respectfully disagree. Most GBB have decent enough range to be used infield effectively.

Safariland6280.jpg

Safariland 6280. With the UBL adapter it has a 1.5" drop off a belt, slight forward cant, perfect placement and clearance.

In the above pic it is attached to the inner belt running through the ATS warbelt, but works with any riggers belt.

The retention is very secure, and the hard Kydex prevents accidentally hitting the mag release.

I've used them for many years, well worth the coin.

Plate carrier / high-chest mounted holsters rarely allow clearance for rifle mag removal, and the draw is awkward.

Dropleg holsters need to be ran high or they flop around, i.e. lower strap needs to be over your front pocket.

The other option is one of the many rifle mag pouches that can retain pistols fairly securely with the bungee.

• Upvote 2

No matter what brand holster you decide to go with, if you plan on running the holster belt mounted and running a plate carrier, be sure the strong hand draw side of the plate carrier is slick (no pouches on the cummerbund). The will interfere with your draw stroke like SZ said. I recommend running a SKD elastic cummerbund or a low profile variant of some sort (Crye Airlite) and keeping the holster side free of pouches for a smoother draw.

I have a Tactical Tailor universal holster that has yet to fail me.  Mounted on an HSGI sure grip belt, and I love it.

I've clocked many a fool at 50 yards with my KWA M9.

Now I am in no way advocating that what I use is the "best" because I can assure you it is far from it, but it works for me. For years now I have been using a cheap soft "universal" holster with a mag holder for smaller handguns because I carry a small Glock. I think its some brand like UTG or Firedragon. Now I prefer to draw from my right hip, as its the most comfortable and natural for me. So I have it mounted on a belt on my right side, under my PC. I have never lost a mag or a gun due to the velcro straps keeping everything in place. As a matter of fact that might be the biggest downside, the velcro keeps everything in place a little to well making my draws much slower. But since I am rarely ever in an airsoft quick draw contest it works for me. 

~Joker

Drop leg: classic design and if you went this option the only ones I'd recommend are Blackhawk Serpa or Safariland. I've always found fabric ones to be to "flappy"

Although with the above you'll probably want l remove the top leg strap to help mount it higher for ease of draw and better mobility. (Replicas of both are actually pretty decent too)

Belt/hip: Favoured by lots of LEO and MIL for a good reason, it works! For this I'd go Serpa or a Kydex retention type of holster dependant if security or speed are more important to you. I run a serpa on Devgru kit as I use sidearm less and kydex in cqb as a quick draw is of more importance and I'm less likely to lose it indoors!

Chest/cross draw: Favoured by UKSF as they tend to be running heavily laden molle/battle belts. Although I'm not a massive fan myself they are decent enough especially if you forgot you've actually got your pistol on you! (We've all done it :P )