Ollie

Viper__

I'm sure this is just a miscommunication somewhere and don't it's intentional, but thought I would post it here anyways to (hopefully) speed up the process. Ollie posted a wtb thread for G36 mags. I contacted him and sold him 2 mid cap mags. The problem was, he had to transfer money to his Paypal. So he said it would be 4 or 5 days. He said he had an op the weekend coming up, and I offered to go on as ship and have him pay me when the Paypal money got in. I took a leap of faith because I have trust in my fellow airsofters. After a week or so (not sure of exact time frame, definitely over a week) I contacted him to ask about it since he never contacted me... He said he had received the mags and they did not fit his gun, I'm assuming he has a different style G36, I'm unsure. I was kinda shocked he told me that and hasn't tried to contact me about it. Anyways, he said he was going to send them back. I was kinda mad because I was out shipping cost, but I blew it off. It's been weeks, 2 or 3, since that day and I've tried to contact him since then. It's not a huge deal as I was selling them both for $10 I believe, but it's the lack of communicatin and lack of me having either the product or the money that I'm concerned with. I've bought things from members here and they took "leaps of faith" in shipping before payment. I simply decided to "pay it forward" and try to give everybody the common courtesy given to me. I see that was a mistake now. Sorry this has to come out like this. I have no beef or want a flame war, I just want what I'm owed.

Odd... Regardless I hope it gets remedied. He has several teammates on here who will hopefully hold him accountable.

For future reference dont EVER send something before payment has cleared. Understand that you wanted to be nice but no reason to intentionally set yourself up to lose money.

I know I set myself up but I know Ollie was a decently known member on the forum and after the graciousness of several members, TargetPractice in particular, I thought I would follow suit. It was my mistake, and like I said I'm not too worried about the loss, even if this isn't solved, but I now know not to follow that route.

It's been 2 or 3 weeks since he said he was shipping them out. I tried to contact him last week sometime with no response. Still, saying you're going to ship out something that doesn't belong to you is your responsibility and he should be held accountable for making sure I either get my money or my product. "Forgetting" isn't a valid excuse. And besides, I tried to contact to no avail.

Whoa calm down there killer..... I wasn't defending him, I was being realistic, and trying to get more info before we send out a linch mob.... If you haven't actively been trying to talk to him, idk if you should this worked up about it. He might have sent if off and it just hasn't got to you yet, lost in the mail, lots of things. Pretty sure you have his number, since that is the thread I told him to stop posting it. Try it again, last time 2-3 weeks ago he might have been working or just unable to get back to you and forgot. I know you don't accept this as a valid excuse. However life happens. I'm not defending him.

I apologize. However, I am not "that worked up" about this. I actually went back to the wtb thread and posted something, and was instructed but someone to make this post. I didn't even want to make this post. And like I said, if you include the wtb post I commented on, that's twice in the past 2 or 3 weeks that I've made some sort of contact. And yes, I sent a text to his phone a week and a half ago and got no response. I consider that actively trying to talk to him. I don't want a lynch mob. I don't want anything other then my belongings or payment... Or even communication. I find it hard to believe that he could be busy for 3 weeks after promise of shipping my magazines back, but regardless that doesn't matter. The lack of communication / very late delay in returning what is mine is quite frustrating. So I apologize for any trouble, and like I said I didn't even think to make this post until someone told me to, but I just want my stuff back so I can attempt to re sell them... Again.

And even in my original post, I said that this is probably a miscommunication or something of that manner, meaning it probably was an accident of being lost in the mail or a valid reason for the delay. I'm not in any way worked up.

Edited by Viper__

Viper I apologize I completely forgot. I will get them sent out tommorow. Been crazy busy working construction trying to get my 2 guns fixed prepping my house for winter installing 2 new water lines and of course hunting. Still no excuse but I do want to apologize.

BTW never got the text.

One was sent, it was just a text saying hello but I did send it. No worries man, like my OP said, I'm not mad I knew their was a miscommunication, and my only reason for this post was to expedite the process. If possible, once I receive the magazines, could this post be removed? I have no hard feelings and honestly just want my magazines so I can try to sell them. I appreciate you're apology and you not reacting in a negative manner.

Let's consider this a lesson learned. Don't write a Bad Seller/Buyer review unless you've exhausted all attempts to reconcile the situation with no resolution in sight.

If there is no objection, I will be locking this thread.

Edited by Endgame

Well endgame, I believe I had exhausted all my attempts with my 2 attempts over the weeks to get in touch (which was a miscommunication, but I did not know that at the time of the write up). I also said I didn't want to write this review, as I posted on the original WTB thread my issue a few days ago, and someone responded to me telling to to make this thread. I was following their instructions on doing this, and deemed it necessary to considering this is the only way I saw it working out (which it did). You can lock it if you'd like, but I still haven't received my items back. I do fully trust Ollie and believe I will, but at the end of the day that hasn't happened yet. To be honest, I feel like everybody on this forum is against me. I've had nothing but negative experiences with most members here (save a select few ive bad great experiences with), everybody is sarcastic or condescinding, and every thread I've posted in most sections, I get little to no help (when upon reading other threads everybody is happy to jump in and help). I'm not trying to whine or complain, but I'm honestly confused on why the members of this forum have the attitudes they have towards me.

My experience so far viper is everyone's tough on ya until they play a game with ya. U should make a trip up to one of our games sometime soon. Let everyone get to know ya I do apologize again and I'll get them to ya asap.

• 2 weeks later...

2 weeks ago today, Ollie posted in this thread that the magazines were in the mail already, and that he shipped express. The magazines have not been received, and I never received a tracking number. The last time I checked, express mail was not a 14 day service. Regardless, I've never seen so much hassle over 2 $10 magazines. So at this point I'm going to cut my loses and consider myself out the $20 for the magazines, and the priority shipping I paid for to make sure Ollie received his magazines before an OP, trusting I would receive payment. I can only hope that this was not a fault of ollie, as I do not wish to tarnish anyone's reputation. I only wanted my items back, or payment for those items, and that was apparently too much to ask for. I do realize this is 100% my fault, and have learned my lesson on the matter of receiving payment before shipping. I don't know Ollie and have never met him, but several members have contacted me about this thread and he seems to be a great guy. Like I said, I don't wish to make him seem like a bad guy, and I do hope he isn't intentionally causing this over 2 G36 magazines, but in the end it's clear something is not the way it should be here... Anyways just wanted to leave an update. I've accepted I'm not getting the magazines or the payment. This thread can be locked as I've found my own resolution in letting it go. Thanks all for listening and thank you moderators for your assistance.

• Upvote 2

2 weeks ago today, Ollie posted in this thread that the magazines were in the mail already, and that he shipped express. The magazines have not been received, and I never received a tracking number. The last time I checked, express mail was not a 14 day service. Regardless, I've never seen so much hassle over 2 $10 magazines. So at this point I'm going to cut my loses and consider myself out the $20 for the magazines, and the priority shipping I paid for to make sure Ollie received his magazines before an OP, trusting I would receive payment. I can only hope that this was not a fault of ollie, as I do not wish to tarnish anyone's reputation. I only wanted my items back, or payment for those items, and that was apparently too much to ask for. I do realize this is 100% my fault, and have learned my lesson on the matter of receiving payment before shipping. I don't know Ollie and have never met him, but several members have contacted me about this thread and he seems to be a great guy. Like I said, I don't wish to make him seem like a bad guy, and I do hope he isn't intentionally causing this over 2 G36 magazines, but in the end it's clear something is not the way it should be here... Anyways just wanted to leave an update. I've accepted I'm not getting the magazines or the payment. This thread can be locked as I've found my own resolution in letting it go. Thanks all for listening and thank you moderators for your assistance.

That's very unfortunate.. Most of the people in this community are very trustworthy.

• 5 months later...

Unlocking topic as new developments have occured. If you aren't directly involved in this topic, stay out of it.

Hello all,

I have not logged in to AI pretty much since this incident and have missed many messages, my apologies. I was outraged with this incident and abandoned the forums basically. It has come to my attention that one Dnick has looked into the matter himself and gotten my mags back for me. Ollie has since gotten ahold of and has been telling people I have sent him broken mags, which is funny considering he never stated that to begin with. When it comes down to it, the magazines were brand new when I sold them and I thought I would be a good guy and let him pay later so he can have them in time for an OP. I got suckered and when he got caught and confronted in real life, he made excuses that if were true, he would have stated from the get go. I am still angry that he would pull a trick like this over 2 magazines, but I let it go and so much time has passed I never thought I would see them again. But Dnick has gotten them from him and told him even more lies, and he hasn't got to inspect the box yet to see if the box even has my mags in it or what condition they are in, but I owe so much to this man who I have never met or talked to before. I am very grateful of him and anyone else, including Rob the awesome admin and creator of this site, for helping in this. Such a selfless effort really makes me have faith in the airsoft community even though time and time again, bad seeds pull things like this and theft happens very often. Thank you all and myself or Dnick will keep everyone posted after the box he retrieved is open and we get the status of the magazines. Thank you Rob for opening this after such a long time and sorry for my absence.

Sorry for the edit, but I wanted to add something a fix a grammar error I caught. But the reason why i haven't been on this site since then is because of the way people have treated me since I've joined. As you can see further up in the post, people on this site are very condescending towards me even for making this post, and it turns out that I was actually correct in making this post and that even after all this time, I still do not have the magazines even when Ollie clearly stated "they have been shipped express" and the thread locked. It makes me sick how people acted towards me over this (I had quite a few messages at the time as well) and over some of the other posts and topics I created/ posted on. I know I hadn't played a game with a lot of you all because at the time I was relatively new to the sport, and I know being from Louisville I was a ways away from you all, but I've been out to plenty of games now and have plenty of experience, and I've met a ton of people from Indiana, Ohio, and my home state Kentucky who have been the most respectful people I have ever met. Now this should go without saying that this is not every member on the forum as there are some people, This Dnick guy included, who are awesome people and even go out of there way to help someone they've never even met simply because they've been wronged. But for the most part, I've had nothing but negative experiences here and instead of whining and complaining all over the forum, I just stopped using it. I stopped using the internet for airsoft as much as I could and just starting going out and playing as much as I could. And it was the best decision i ever made. I was ok the brink of dropping this sport, this love that I have, forever because of this incident and the way that people acted and treated me because of it, but I didn't I got off of here and met some great people and had some great times. The only reason I'm back and posting is because Dnick took such responsibility for this and was so selfless in acting to right something he knew he could help fix being friends with Ollie. I had to come back to the site (I forgot my login info actually so had to reset it and go through all that just to log back on) to make sure he got his recognition for what he has done and to show my gratitude towards the certain members that made this possible and held the right people accountable. You guys are the reason I still airsoft. But, when this is done. I will go back to not using this forum as it's already left a bad taste in my mouth. I was a new member and a relatively new airsofter with big aspirations and I read just about every thread ever created on this forum in my spare time because I was so excited for this sport, and I got to see so much of you guys on this site without even talking to a lot of you, and the attitudes given to me shocked me and was a true let down. Even after I had been ripped off and had property stolen from me, people were still downright disrespectful to me even though I felt like I had the right to try to get my stolen items back. At this point, I think it's safe for everyone to assume that Ollie is a liar and a thief. In the original post I was nothing but respectful and assumed no foul play, and it's pretty clear that I shipped him 2 magazines exactly as I described them: brand new in perfect condition. He told me they didn't fit and told me that HE SHIPPED THEM BACK. Then he disappeared. Then many many many months later, a friend of his confronts him in person and he starts shooting out excuses that they were broke, that he tried to ship them to me already, blah blah blah. None of that was brought up in the first place and he disappeared. I don't feel as if anyone owes me anything on those site, except for Ollie owing me these mags or my money. No one here even owes me respect for that matter. But I will not being using this site as a medium for my airsoft hobby anymore as I've received nothing but negativity from 90% of it's users. Again, I'm not whining or complaining, or even at this point, asking for things to change or got apologies or anything. I'm just informing all of why I was gone for so long and why I have returned, though it is only temporary. Thank you to everyone who helped me and supported me on this site, mainly Rob (HRTurner), who I've met at a few events at this point but never truly been introduced to and I know he won't remember me, Dnick who I've never talked to until yesterday but has done more for me then anyone on this site has before, Target Practice who sold me several items in the past at pretty low prices and have me advice on them and other things through PM's, and Joker who was my go to guy several times when I had airsoft related questions back when I used the forum. There were others too, but you guys in particular treated me with respect and helped me stay in the sport, and now I've got a lot of experience and time under my belt and have met some great men and women because of this. Thank you all, and if there is anything else to report on my behalf, I will, but if not, Dnick will. Until I see any of you in the field or have to jump back on here to update or respond to someone, this is Viper signing off.

Edited by Viper__
  • Upvote 1

Huh? Thought you gave up on this months ago? Who was being condescending? I'm confused...

In Ollie's "Regarding my Reputation" thread Viper voiced an opinion and got some negative feedback for it. It is now on the wall of Infamy. I'm assuming that is what he is referring to in particular.

I've been in contact with Dnick and Ollie today via Facebook PM (in a group message). Ollie has said that he is going to PayPal Viper for the Magazines.

If nobody updates this thread soon, I will be glad to find out more information and help. I live in the same town as Ollie, and one town over from Dnick. We contact one another via Facebook semi-regularly.

Edited by SASQUATCH

I did give up on this months ago. Some random guy, Dnick, messages me on Facebook yesterday. He brought this back up, not myself, if you haven't noticed him making all these posts and not me. Like I said, people are fucking assholes here.

I'm going to lock this (again) until Mod staff can sort it out, but I can assure you this is not what HRTurner had in mind when he unlocked the thread.

I would suggest the 4 of you directly involved (Viper__, DNick, Ollie, and WilliamC) take some time away from the keyboard before getting your accounts locked.

Like I said, people are fucking assholes here.

You certainly paint with a wide brush. If you want to keep your account here, regardless of these events or particular posters you feel have wronged you, I'd suggest biting your tongue over calling us all assholes. You have a right to be upset at a small number of members here no doubt, but until you've spent some time on field with the actual AI community, you don't know the AI community. Most of the guys active in this community rarely post here, they have real lives that take priority over internet BBgunwarz.

Sit tight, and Mod Staff will go over all the info. If accounts need banned they will be, I can assure you of that.

For those just reading this thread, this is part of what the community meetings are for. If you have problems with another member here let us know, and we'll talk it out in person. If a resolution is not reached, guilty accounts will be locked, and local authorities will be alerted if warranted.

Edited by Comrade S_Z
  • Upvote 1