A Potential Second Lion Claws Op Location In Central Indiana

Endgame

So, I've been talking to John Lu from OLCMSS about getting an OP here in Central Indiana and he's down for the idea, but he needs help finding a location.

My first thought, since I enjoyed Lightning Strike in Wisconsin earlier this year, I figured another mall that isn't scheduled to be torn down in the near future would be ideal.

I sent him some information about Eastgate Consumer Mall. The place has been dead for years and no longer being used, and also it's far off the view of passersby, I think it would be perfect for a larger OP.

If you guys have any other ideas about locations or your own opinions of this, chime in, let me know or hell, even pass it on up to John Lu yourself on Facebook. He'll answer your message.

Eastgate Consumer Mall is being used as a police training and computer hub. They have been building and useing it for 2 or 3 years now

Edited by williamc

Rated R - That would be a good idea. I'll pass that along.

WilliamC - The area has been used for military simulation training before. I don't see a reason why it wouldn't be again.

Source 1: http://www.labelscar...e-consumer-mall

Source 2: http://www.opednews.com/articles/Marines-bringing-combat-tr-by-waronyou-080530-664.html

Edited by Endgame

They may let it happen, but it has been remodeled. and looks nothing like in the pictures, It no longer looks like a mall. and they have wall's all around the parking lot.

That is were they watch the camera's that are all over indianapolis

there is a old ford plant off of english ave

Edited by williamc

They may let it happen, but it has been remodeled. and looks nothing like in the pictures, It no longer looks like a mall. and they have wall's all around the parking lot.

I realize that it no longer looks like a mall, because it's no longer a mall. That's why I made the suggestion. I'm pretty sure that they aren't using the entire area for whatever they're using it for.

The abandoned hospital down the road from Indy Indoor would be pimp.

Roger that.

Also guys, if you can manage the addresses to the locations you reference, that would make it a little easier to refer them to John.

Edited by Endgame

I realize that it no longer looks like a mall, because it's no longer a mall. That's why I made the suggestion. I'm pretty sure that they aren't using the entire area for whatever they're using it for.

W. a friend of mine started the computer hub, then bought the whole center. I have been in the place many times, and talked to him about doing a indoor place about a year ago, but it really didn't go anywhere. Now he just landed another big contract for the place, so out of the question now.

Roger that, Altes. Well, we still have other prospects in Central Indiana. That was the first one that came to mind, and John is already looking at it, but if it is not on the table, he'll know for sure.

Oh yeah, Eastgate mall. Yeah, my old job uses that as a data center now. I knew it sounded familiar. So it has to be an indoor-specific venue?

The old St Francis hospital is a bit too near "civilian" areas, as cool as it would be. Plus I've been to the old building a few times - there are parts of that place that just aren't safe.

Oh yeah, Eastgate mall. Yeah, my old job uses that as a data center now. I knew it sounded familiar. So it has to be an indoor-specific venue?

The old St Francis hospital is a bit too near "civilian" areas, as cool as it would be. Plus I've been to the old building a few times - there are parts of that place that just aren't safe.

lol not safe the whole steel mill in Trenton wasn't safe
  • Upvote 1

UMM...if the gods could shine on us in a rather amazing way, the old airport terminal...but there is not a snowballs chance in hell of that happening

There is the old AM General plant near downtown Indy, just south of the zoo.

The abandoned hospital down the road from Indy Indoor would be pimp.

It's not abandoned, they're renovating it into senior apartments with restaurants on the bottom. Pretty big deal in the area.

It will be fun to have the usual LC moronic players doing their moronic stuff at home.

Luckily you guys will be there too.

I am glad that he is at least entertaining the idea of a LC OP here in Central IN. If we keep pestering him about it, you never know it may just happen.

~Joker

any reason why they don't use Muscatatuck

hell I would be happy with a lower priced one day no special guest game there or a 2 day no special guest game.

I would be more than happy to volunteer time to help set that up. That AO is really great, and would be amazing for some non-Irene events. If you included the forestry/reservoir side that comes with, there's some really good LRRPing potential and such.

• 2 weeks later...

Shwaisey, you are my new best friend....

Awesome. I'll shoot these over to J-Lu and see what he thinks, if you haven't done it already.

I Hope you guys like abandoned Hospitals...

This place has been empty for a while.

http://www.wthr.com/story/14949987/st

Somebody mentioned the GM plant, I can confirm I used to have a co-worker that had a security gig there. Security are the only people there.

http://www.wthr.com/story/22533216/demolition-planned-at-closed-indianapolis-gm-plant

Somebody also mentioned the Eastgate mall, that building has been renovated and has a large number of IMPD squad cars, construction, and more official looking stuff day and night. I don't see it viable to airsoft there.

The 2nd location would need a TON of clean up.... but I enjoy that it gives a total war torn look.

And sweet tits, that hospital would be simply EPIC to get some pew pew time in at.

Edited by Acer34p3r