416 Mags Help!

FatherRempel

so a while ago i bought this umarex HK 416 and it only came with one mag. i looked on evike.com to try and buy more, but they dont carry any. will standard M4/M16 mags fit or do i just need to look somewhere else. please help.

^what dishboy said. NO European gun will accept pmags, thats why the Emag was made (European Pmag). the European model rifles (Scar, L85, 416, F2k etc) have a straighter magwell profile making it impossible for it to accept the pmags at the angle they are made.

that said, PTS Emags, and standard stanag (M4) mags will work just fine.

^what dishboy said. NO European gun will accept pmags, thats why the Emag was made (European Pmag). the European model rifles (Scar, L85, 416, F2k etc) have a straighter magwell profile making it impossible for it to accept the pmags at the angle they are made.

knew it was some type of Magpul mag. sorry about saying Pmag.

Emag stands for export, not European. Emags also work great with Tar21's and those aren't European.

shhhhhh let me have my success :D

you are right though, i forgot about the Tavor. guess i should say "no non-american made gun"? haha

for real though, im not sure why i thought it was for European, i even thought that didnt sound right when i typed it. should have google'd to double check lol.

Back to the topic: VFC´s are a bit picky with their mags. Dishboy is right: pmags do not work on them. I have tried other manufacturers (G&G, mag) and they work, but other users have experienced slight issues with mags.

Emags work perfectly, and they do so for any STANAG-fed gun.

Edited by Vacceo

Back to the topic: VFC´s are a bit picky with their mags. Dishboy is right: pmags do not work on them. I have tried other manufacturers (G&G, mag) and they work, but other users have experienced slight issues with mags.

Emags work perfectly, and they do so for any STANAG-fed gun.

I have used dboys and g&g mags in mine and they have worked fine. Echo-1 m4 mags i have used have major feed issues. As Vacceo stated emags are the best, that is what i run in my 416 now and have great luck with them!

Emags for the win. Mine required some slight modification on the feed lip. Just had to file it down some to make them feed. Emags are expensive though. The King Arms plastic 120rnd mid caps that come in a box set of ten work great too. Actually phasing out my Emags in favor of these since they are easier to maintenance and cheap, so I don't feel bad smashing the crap out of them against anything within reach to make them feed if they jam up.

The King Arms plastic 120rnd mid caps that come in a box set of ten work great too. Actually phasing out my Emags in favor of these since they are easier to maintenance and cheap, so I don't feel bad smashing the crap out of them against anything within reach to make them feed if they jam up.

I recently picked up some of these (used) on the cheap, and they're surprisingly Marui spec on the dimensions. They feed in Pablo's VFC 416, and work great in old school ICS M4s as well. For the price you can't beat them.

• 2 months later...

Try megastore for the same kind of clip. I have the h k 416 c and it came with a kick a-- mag but u have to use a specal wrench to wind it,but after winding it cycles whole clip flawlessly. Megastore sells for around $35

This could be wrong but simply stating it's a umarex 416 doesn't mean it is vfc. When I had my vfc it fed vfc mids just fine but I can't say for certain they would work with this guys gun without knowing for sure it is a vfc.

True for real-steel, but not for airsoft, and only usually in full-auto rifles.

In real-steel, the mag will slightly push up on the bolt catch causing pre-mature wear. In airsoft, the point is moot.

For the best value in mags, hands-down my recommendation is the KWA Mid-Caps. It is the second mag behind the real PTS PMAGs to actually feed my ACR reliably.

Try megastore for the same kind of clip. I have the h k 416 c and it came with a kick a-- mag but u have to use a specal wrench to wind it,but after winding it cycles whole clip flawlessly. Megastore sells for around $35

PruH9_zpsd6152bef.jpg

The older VFC 416's were more compatible with mags. When they released the new versions of the gun, they redesigned the receivers so that the gap between the upper and lower by the front body pin (if you don't know what im talking about, look at pictures of old vs. new, you'll see) was no longer present. In doing this, tolerances and dimensions of the new bodies do not exactly match that of the old bodies.

I personally build my 416 from the ground up using an older body. Almost all mags are compatible. The newer bodies have slight issues, but Pmags, king arms mids, and good MAG brand mids do fit. The Emags may need to be slightly modified by simply filing down the feed lip by a mere millimeter or so. This being said, the guns can still sometimes be finicky. The best way for compatibility is to get ahold of a lot of different hop-up units and mag releases, and start experimenting. Each combination of the two normally yields different results. I got a series of "unfitable" mags to fit in a newer 416C model simply by doing this. I know that this can be a pain though if you are not a gun tech and don't just have a plethora of parts laying around. If this is the case, then go with a brand that has been stated to work. I have stated three brands myself that I have gotten to work in the newer models more than once before.

Spectre is right though. There are two Umarex models made. A POS dicks sporting goods $100 model (please for petes sake no, don't even thing about it) and then the true Umarex model produced by VFC. It was never specified, so its all kind of up in the air.

My kwa mags wouldn't lock into Dish's 416. They may work but would need modified.

Did they feed when pressed in?

If so, a small amount of filing on the mag catch lip will solve that problem.