Kjw M700 Help

Darragon

After learning the ins and outs of my rifle the best I can (taking it apart and figuring out how it all works) I realized something.

I don't know entirely what i'm getting into...But with some help I think I can figure it out.

Though my carefully and super cheap testing methods, my rifle clearly has the power I need it to have, but the consistency ain't there. I know its a common issue with stock KJW M700s.

Clearly I can't field it like this with awesome results and I have gone through every website I know of and basically, I can't find shit.

I wanna R-hop a 6.01 tight bore but I don't know which one to get. I also need the stronger striker spring but I can't find them in stock anywhere. Also I have read more than once that the nozzle doesn't seat the bb in the hop up but right in front of it, but I can't figure out how far I need to move the nozzle forward or how to keep it there once I do move it.

So to simplify it; What barrel should I get? What Hop-up setup is gonna be the most consistent? Where is the best place to find parts in stock?

Internet points for anyone that can help.

I hate to saw it, but the problem in consistency is the weapon itself. No amount of modifications will bring it into what I would consider my strict playable form.

CO2 in a sniper weapon is fundamentally inconsistent due to fluctuations in temperature and cool-down.

Honestly, sell it, get a P* weapon, and then get the TBB and R-Hop.

• Upvote 1

We have had a couple of these come into the shop, and I've owned one my self. Here's my insight and its just an opinion, so take it as that.

The reason for inconsistency is the size of the bb. When I ran mine I had to use .38 to .43's to get a consistent fps and grouping.

6.01 tightbore? That's great for an aeg but most gbb rifles don't need a 6.01. You will be better off with a 6.03. Gbb rifles can act a little weird when it comes to tight bore barrels so 6.03 is going to be that fine line for accuracy. The distance really won't improve that much.

R-hop or ER-hop, ya, its a good idea, you're fps is going to drop dramatically by doing it in a gbb weapon. Why not try a better hop up bucking first?

And the striker spring. The problem with it is that as the parts in the trigger become worn the spring will slip off of the striker plate itself and it doesn't hit the valve properly. Replace the striker plate before the spring, but if you need the plate or spring check out these sites. Blowbackarmory.com, uncompany.com, wgcshop.com, airsoftglobal.com, redwolf.com. If its not there, start looking through boneyards for spare parts. Evike use to carry the plate, I don't know if they still do.

This gun loves green gas over co2. That's just the way it is. Use green gas for more consistency.

And one more thing. It sounds like you want the performance of a r hopped aeg, but in sniper rifle form. I like unicorns too. Lol.

Sell the KJW. Save some cash, and buy P* and build it into a DMR. Although myself, I don't care for P*, it might work for you.

But this is all just advice, that's all it is, good luck to you.

The reason for inconsistency is the size of the bb. When I ran mine I had to use .38 to .43's to get a consistent fps and grouping.

More truth to this then most people know. Although echo says size then talks about weight, he is right on the money on both aspects. The reason high quality BB's cost so much is generally due to the precision of the bb (how spherical, how smooth, how uniform the material is, etc). All this combined makes for rounds that remain consistent over the span of multiple shots. Most people think that their BB's are 6mm when in actuality most are more lik 5.85 +/- .08. While that may not seem like a lot it does have huge impacts on how each individual round behaves. Your higher quality bb's start to get up into the 5.9x mm range with a much lower +/- number. This generally translates to more consistency from shot to shot.

Since my last post didn't make it up for whatever reason i'll simplify what I was gonna say.

Hell no on P*. I don't have the cash and I hate the idea of having a tank on my back and a hose going to my gun. I know it works for a bunch of people but not for me.

I have been looking around more and I've found these. Based on Echo's recommendations

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=648_650&products_id=37842 Bucking

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6046 Barrel

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6429 Spring

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6431 Knocker

Now I just need to find BBs. I was thinking King arms but honestly I've never used this heavy a BB and I dunno who makes the best.

Points awarded to Echo, hrturner, SASQUATCH

• Upvote 1

Glad you're doing some research. Gas gun owners try to get what's best for their particular rifle, so since you are going to go down this road you can always join the rest of us enthusiast at the gas gun forum boards. There is a world wide database and forum for us owners wether you are just beginning or been in gas guns for a long time. Just google gasgunforum, and select the first thing that comes up. You will find a plethora of information and advice of what to buy, where to buy it, and how to mod your rifle to the best of its abilities. Just do some searching and you will find what you need.

Oh, and your best resource on here, and this is just my opinion, for gas blow back guns, is talking to Rogue. He knows his shit, so I give him props for it.

And keep this in mind. Bb selections are like opinions. While some people will tell you kings arms bb's are the best, or elite force bb's are, it's up to you and what works best in your rifle. Me personally, I would never put kings arms bb's in any gun, aeg or gbb. I view them like buying cross man bb's from Dicks or Walmart, but that's just my opinion. You have to find what works for you.

Good luck to you, and you can always pm if you have questions or need help.

Yeah I don't have the money to get a bunch of crap and find out I cant use it, I like to know a lot about what I'm getting before I get it.