Bb Usage

Viper__

So to start out, I've never played any organized airsoft event. I just got all my starter gear this week and have signed up for a night op this weekend. It will last approximately 5-6 hours. I ordered 7000 ICS brand .25 gram bb's for the event. I know that there are a million factors involved, but as a general estimate, do you think I can make it through the night on 7000 bb's? I'm not sure wether it's more of a run and gun event or not, but any suggestions on how much to carry with me would be extremely helpful. What's the most anyone has use in. 6-8 hour period? Also, anyone had experience with ICS bb's? Thanks in advance

I have never used ics,

You shouldnt use that many. You probly will use around a 1,000 or so, I normal only use 1,500 or less, just depends if im using full auto,

Unless you're shooting at anything and everything, you probably won't go through more than 1000 or so.

Besides, firing gives your position away, especially at night games, so I'd concentrate of firing at what you can hit.

Didn't want my first event to be a night event, but there's a big OP coming up I signed up for and I didn't want to go into it with 0 experience.

7000 should be OK, but you're probably not going to use more than 1500. I finally used up my first bag of 5000 after attending 5 games. My first op was Golden Strike, and I only fired 300 shots. And that was a day game!

Edited by targetpractice

So it sounds like I'm good. Just shooting around I've been using elite force, but I bought the 7000 ICS because it was a good deal for that many bb's.

you will probably use more BBs on your first couple of games than the ones that follow, New guys tend to hold the trigger longer, Try to learn trigger control and make your shots count.

I played paintball for several years so hopefully what I picked up there should carry over into airsoft as far as trigger discipline and things go.

Yeah that bag of 7000 should last you a good while (unless you are running support). Even if you are trigger happy you should be able to make it through a game or two, especially if one of those games is a night game. Players tend to shoot slightly less at night events then they would during the day. Good luck man, night events are something else. Hope you have a good time.

~Joker

Thanks joker! I love in Louisville but I'm only 10 minutes away from Indiana so ill definitely be seeing you guys around in the near future. Look forward to meeting everybody. Thanks for all the help guys