My Absence And (Eventual) Retirement

Sarge

Seeing Ambu's post has inspired me to write this. Like him, most of you probably don't know me beyond a callsign on a computer screen, but this is for those I have had the priviledge to play with and to those I have gotten to know on a personal level.

I've been inactive this past year, largely due to life: job, family, sports, school, and other things we'll get to later. I've been with this community four or five years now. I consider you guys family in a way. You deserve to know why you haven't been and won't be seeing much more of me. As some of you may know it has been my dream to go the Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland with the intentions of becoming a 2nd Lieutenant in the Marine Corps (Infantry). I'm very happy to say that dream is coming true. That magic letter from the Department of the Navy finally came about a week ago. Just a few more things need to be done in the coming months. In that time I will be busy with a mound of documents, essays, my physical, my PT test, and speaking and meeting with several federal legislatures and a Blue and Gold Officer to get things tied up. Not to mention school will be starting in a little over a month. You can imagine I will be quite busy. I will try earnestly to make time for a few games here and there but this time next summer I will likely be signing off for good.

I want to thank all of you for helping mold me into the person I am today. This sport and the people have given me a very unique experience in life. My understanding of military, government, and history has expanded due to this community. Also, my understanding of human behavior has broadened; I was there for the good days of the IAA, the months of everyday rage wars, the split (or as I like to call it The Revolution), the birth of a new community on an old foundation, and it's growth. I have no doubts that airsoft will continuely thrive and evolve here in Indiana, this community is in good hands, as I hope it always will be.

Special Thanks (in no particular order):

Dennis(Joker)- In my early years you were a great role model and after that, a friend. I have tremendous respect for you and what you have done here, sir. I know only bits about your personal life and know quite a bit of what you have had to deal with here over the years. My hat is off to you.

Harvest-You are crazy and realistic and poetic and I love it. You may not know it but you've taught me a great deal just by me observing and listening. You've also given me some excellent advice when I needed it. Thanks! Horse Force

Raphiki-Thanks for always believing in Zigg and I and our team. Your support was and is appreciated. Many memories with you on the field, man. Semper Fi!

Trent(zebrex)- You've been a great friend to Zigg and I! You've always been cool with us and our team. Fun times on and off the field, man. Tell your daughter to keep shootin'.

Rob(hrturner) & Mike(dragon)- Way to take leadership and pave the way for a better community. I've always looked up to you guys on the field and have learned a lot from listening to you talk and reading your many informational posts. Keep it going.

PELI- Dude, you're awesome. You've been a tremendous friend to me and have done a lot for me. On the field you are a great competitor and off the field you're just a cool guy to chill with and talk to. Always been there to give me advice when I needed it, no matter how stupid the issue was. Thank you for all you have done.

Altes- It's been real, man. Lot's of good times with you on the field! I'm gonna miss running with you.

IMPACT- Always a pleasure being on the same field. Crimson, 50 I.N., it's been great running with you guys. Thanks for all advice. Pablo, I'm going to miss you, you crazy Spaniard, and your steaks.

Zigg- I'm not through yet but when I'm gone I trust S.O.R.T. 712 to you, until your time of service. We've been through the Quigley and we've been at the very top. It's all been worth it. From you and I playing with Wal-mart plastics, to finding the IAA by chance, to Iron Spear, to our first Blind Fury, to now, it's all been worth it. We've been shooting plastic for so long, I think we're ready to shoot hot lead. Oorah!

Everyone- To the many who have inspired and guided and helped me along the way thank you. You are not forgotten, I simply feel I need to wrap this sob story up. Also, to those I hope I have helped and guided I have a last bit of advice; keep your head down, keep moving, and ALWAYS listen. You will gain an abundance of knowledge if you but listen and observe, and eventually you will have gained the right and ability to talk and share.

If anyone has any questions on anything at all, or just want to chat, PM me and/or I'll give you my e-mail.

• Upvote 2

Reading this post from you and Ambu has really made me sad, you see My son LilAltes just got back from the recruiters and wants to be a marine, so this time next year he probably will be gone also :( . I hope you have a great life sarge and get everything you want out of it, but never say never, one day you might just have some time on your hands to get back on the field B)

Stay Frosty young gun

Sarge, it was always a pleasure and I wish you well. You've been a great asset to this community and its growth and you've set an excellent example for the younger generation in growing with this sport. The level of resilience and maturity have shown your character and I wish we had many more like you. I have confidence you will succeed in the future and hope someday when you visit Indiana again, you'll bring your badassery to the field for some more airsoft!

• Upvote 1

Sarge I have to echo what Dragon has said. You and your team are the measuring stick for any and all young players starting out in airsoft here in Indiana, individuals or teams. And to be completely honest, you reminded me a little of a younger me in some ways. It has been an absolute pleasure to help and watch you grow on the field. Your maturity, honesty, excitement, and passion are somethings this community greatly needed and could always use more of. You will be missed. I wish you the best of luck man. And like I told Ambu, don't be a stranger.

PS. You are still welcome for pushing you to change your team name from IWAD (lulz) to SORT 712. ;)

~Joker

• Upvote 1

This brought a tear to my eye. You are the kind of person the world could use lots more of. Set your goals high you have the ability to achieve them. You will excel. I hope sometime in the next 20 years when I am old and yelling at my TV you become a household name and have a part in shaping the world. I am very proud and honored to have known you. I am also very very proud of you. I will be looking for you in uniform with stars on your shoulder on fox news addressing some committee. Dont let me down.

• Upvote 4

Damn Joker took the words right out of my mouth. Been great getting to watch you grow up. Stay safe and when you get home come out to a game now and then