Official Patch For Blind Fury X Hq

targetpractice

Hey all,

Just thought I'd put this up so I can see all the BF10 patch information in one space.

At the moment, we have the following teams interested in the patch, in alphabetical order. The numbers in parenthesis are the number of patches that each team is tentatively interested in:

Guffies (6)

IAM (6)

IMPACT (10)

Modsquad (6)

ORIA (10)

SIPA (6)

SORT712 (13)

Wolfpack (3)

One-man-wolfpacks/no teams:

Sasquatch

Current total requested: 61 - At this point I will start requesting for quotes and I will get back to you ASAP.

Team addition/subtraction updates:

Dropped MMA and Predator as potential due to no response.

Moved Guffies back to patch. They are AI's Scary Foreign Legion.

Did I miss anyone? Understandably I can only add teams who want to "buy-in" to this patch.

If you're not on a team, but want a patch OR are on a team but don't want to be on the patch, we can do that too. Sorry, no discounts for not having your team name on there or not being on a team.

ATTENTION TEAM LEADERS!

If your team is interested in attending, and want to be part of the patch but is not listed here, please let me know your team name and number attending so I can rework the estimates and patch. Please send me a final number, including yourself.

The quickest way to get numbers is to not have everyone post their interest one at a time on this thread, but contact your team leader and let him/her know how many you want. Team leaders, please PM me the names of those interested so I can build up an order list.

These numbers are based off what I've been told, and if the number is higher, please let me know. For cost purposes I will use the lowest number (eg. your tentative number is 6-11, I will use 6). The idea is to highball the cost per patch, so that you will know the most you will need to pay per patch.

Since I'm not keen on being stuck with a whole bunch of unclaimed patches, I will not place an order until we have 25-50 requests in, and I will have to request payment before we enter the order. Once again, it's to prevent me winding up with a bunch of unclaimed patches and a hole in my wallet.

As a rough estimate, a 3" patch (projected size) with Velcro backing is about $3.35 as charged by Stadri Emblems, assuming we order 50. This is embroidered. I do not have an estimate for vinyl - I will look for a vinyl estimate if desired (open to recommendations).

Another thought I've had is to charge higher than the production cost per patch, and donate 100% of the profits towards a worthy cause, like the Wounded Warrior Project. You could pay the minimum, or more if you want. Let me know if it's something you're keen on. Either way I will ensure that there is transparency in this process so that you know where your money is going to.

Remember, the more people committing to the patch, the cheaper it gets. Like the design indicates, we're all in this together.

Anyway, here's a screenshot of what the current design looks like for now (disregard the guidemarks):

BFX%2520Patch%2520prototype%25201%2520052213.PNG

Current design elements:

Colors: As we are going green, I used colors that would be compatible with the majority of green-based uniforms.

Team names: I wanted the team names in white to stand out, because the consensus is that the only way we will do well is to work as one cohesive unit, so we will stand proud and we will stand firm. The names are in no particular order - I ran them off the top of my head. I'm hoping that's all the teams we have at the moment as I'm concerned as to whether I can fit more teams in there.

40lb Box of Rape: This is apparently a running joke and the unofficial national anthem of the Krieger nation. For more information, see below:

I am somewhat open to suggestions, but I will not guarantee it will make it to the final design. This is because too many cooks will spoil the broth. There are also color and complexity considerations - the manufacturer can place additional charges if it gets too colorful. From a design standpoint, we also want to reduce clutter, and maximize the message of the design. I apologize in advance but this is to maintain my sanity, keep costs down for you guys and keep this patch from staying in development limbo. The final design is mostly locked in, and at this point I am cleaning the design up and making minor adjustments, as well as planning for additional teams. I hope you will understand my position here.

I would like to get all of this figured out by early July so that I can get the submission, artwork approval, sample approval and final approval out of the way in time to get the patch done. I believe summer is a busy time for patch makers so time is of the essence.

Thanks for listening,

TP

Edited by PELI
updated

WilliamC, I see that your team indicated interest, but I don't have a firm commitment. Please let me know if you guys want a patch.

PS would one of the mods rename this thread to "Official Blind Fury X Patch HQ?" Thanks.

Like this idea. Not sure that MS has 10 committed to BF at the moment though. The list currently looks like this:

1. Rated R

2. Hrturner

3. Eagle

4. Beastmug

5. Dragon

6. Assassin

• Upvote 1

Oops, sorry, that 10 was for IMPACT. I've added you guys to the list. 41 total, and I don't even have final numbers from ORIA yet. I'm fairly confident we can hit 50.

I was going to look at Stadri again, but I'll see what Butler can do. Thanks! Also would you change the title to "Official Blind Fury X Patch HQ?"

Are team should make it... NOT POSITIVE! but just going to put it out there just in case... MMA (Midwest MILSIM Airsoft) will hopefully attend. We will be having 3 attend. So if we attend (I will PM you closer to the event if I am still going or not) then 3 patches for MMA.

Are team should make it... NOT POSITIVE! but just going to put it out there just in case... MMA (Midwest MILSIM Airsoft) will hopefully attend. We will be having 3 attend. So if we attend (I will PM you closer to the event if I am still going or not) then 3 patches for MMA.

OK, you need to be absolutely sure, by July because it takes time to rework the design to fit in the teams and remember that I have to place the order by July 1.

At this point I will add your team to the "potential" list. Please understand that because this involves money, participation and time that cannot take "maybes" on this. Along the same lines I've taken the Guffies off the list until I get confirmation otherwise.

Edited by targetpractice

I want a patch, but I'm not going on a team. I'm one-man-wolfpacking this one.

Along the same lines I've taken the Guffies off the list until I get confirmation otherwise.

Confirmed. We have 4 Indiana members going, and probably 6 from Kentucky.

Guffie has always ran with the Indiana crew at Blind Fury.

Will the Indiana Guffies be you, Wichita, Harvest and Stalker? If that's the case I'll put 6 in for Guffies as I included the four if you in ORIA, unless you guys want two patches :lol:

I want a patch, but I'm not going on a team. I'm one-man-wolfpacking this one.

OK Alan :lol:

WilliamC, I see that your team indicated interest, but I don't have a firm commitment. Please let me know if you guys want a patch.

PS would one of the mods rename this thread to "Official Blind Fury X Patch HQ?" Thanks.

I am not sure right now who is going, I have emailed and texted all of my team, waiting to hear form them. Give me a day or 2 and i should know.

But for right now i would say we are out,

Roger that WilliamC.

Updated the design. Again, ignore the guidelines.

Expanded the date to include both days, changed "Kriegers" to "Krieger Army" to balance out the expanded date, simplified the box shading/colors to reduce the total number of colors (currently 7).

BFX%2520Patch%2520prototype%25202%2520052313.PNG

Edited by targetpractice

ORIA's current patch roster:

1. Comrade S_Z (IN Guffies #1)

2. TargetPractice

3. Endgame

4. Wichita (IN Guffies #2)

5. Noxtoof

6. Comrade STALKER (IN Guffies #3)

7. Lumpless

8. Magz

9. Harvest (IN Guffies #4)

10. Stamos

SZ, would you throw up the Guffies roster so I can add to my checklist?

Edited by targetpractice

Was going to work on the patch a bit more today, but I didn't have time to. I'll clean it up and post the results when I get back Sunday.

Zigg, are you guys interested in patches for your team? I threw SORT712 in the patch because I assumed you guys wanted a few. Let me know. I also need to get a number so I can start sending for quotes.

SORT712 Roster is as follows

Jonah Dupps (Zigg)

Nick Baker (Sarge)

Dave Martin (DaVeTheBalls)

Jacob Creedon

Kouston Wilkinson

Alex Riley

Coltin Spicer

Hayden Hunt (Zagg)

Adam Skidmore

Zach Scraper

Tristan Jacobs

Tristen Mccgillem

Chase Hale

Wait, so just to make sure, these 13 guys are going to BF10 and want patches?

Hey everyone, We now have interest for a total of 61 patches. I'm going to start looking for quotes.

Just a quick update, while I'm still looking for patches. I'm setting up a separate PayPal account so that the money you guys sent me for the patch will be separated from my personal funds. I'll release the account name once verification is complete.

OK folks,

With pre-registration open, I'd like to start the ordering process for the patches. At the moment we have 60 people officially requested (I took Joker off since he's missing the event, unless he wants one anyway). I will order 65 pieces for extras. The best price I've gotten is $2.56 a patch. I would like to charge $3.50 a patch, and the 94¢ profit (totalling $41.60) will go back towards paying a portion of AI's web hosting fees. I will not keep a single penny from the sale of these patches.

I think this is a fair price for a custom patch that will generate some LULZ and good memories, and for a little extra - less than what it would cost to buy a McDonald's pop, and still costing less than a commercially made patch - it will help our community.

To maintain transparency, I will create an online spreadsheet with a list of whoever sends funds for the patches. the spreadsheet is located at this URL:

https://docs.google....dnc&usp=sharing

I will also update this thread whenever someone sends me the funds, so you will have two ways to check when the funds are sent in. I will also email an acknowledgement to you that I have received the funds. Finally, I have created a separate Paypal account to separate my personal funds from yours.

It takes 8-12 business days for the patches to be made, so I would like to get the payments in by July 31, 2013. This date is also the final date in which you can withdraw your request for a patch. Once we get 50 payments in, I will place the order. Please follow through with your prior commitment to purchase a patch, as I cannot eat the cost of more than 5 unclaimed patches and everyone here will be relying on each other to get the order through at the lowest possible cost. This is only $3.50. Please make sure you can and are wiling to pay for this. Remember, I'm not pocketing any profits.

Delivery - instead of mailing out the patches, I will hand out the patches to you personally at the event, or an earlier event if they are ready. I will not mail them out as it would cost money for stamps and I want to ensure as much money goes out to AI.

To place an order, please do the following:

Paypal $3.50 (or more if you want - it all goes to AI) to: targetpracticeairsoft@gmail.com

Please set this up as a gift. If you're worried about me swindling you, a bunch of you guys know where I live.

In the notes, please put down your real name, callsign and team.

Got it? $3.50 - GIFT - targetpracticeairsoft@gmail.com - real name - callsign - team.

Thanks for the opportunity to do this and I hope to see you guys delivering the 40lbs of rape to the Tan team!

Edited by targetpractice