Support Weapon Additions Or Are Iars Acceptable?

Moo

I've been thinking the past week or so as to the acceptability of an M27 or FN HAMR in the support weapon lists. I'd like feedback on this topic and will be posting on both IN boards. If either are acceptable support weapons would drum mags be allowed? The M27 can and has been used with drum mags. I only ask because like their RS counterparts they are lighter and more maneuverable making them a little easier to carry around all day. They can go semi, so they are a little better for indoors than say a M249. EOs feel free to chime in with your 2 cents being as this is mostly targeted at you.

http://en.wikipedia....Automatic_Rifle

http://www.fnhusa.co...ar-family/hamr/

Darragon was just discussing that a week back in a post somewhere (in AEG tech I think) about an M27. I think there was mention of a HAMR at some point. Look it up in the search function.

It's up to the EO hosting the game. Some will approve it, others might not. There's no standardized rule set on them at AI.

I'm allowing a M27 LMG for OP:US II. I used to have seperate categories for LMG and HMG platforms for Mil-Sim games, and limited the number of them per side.

Edited by Comrade S_Z
Spelling error

I created a "HAMR build opinions" thread a while back. Everyone said the same thing: If it's an LMG in the real steel world, more than likely it is acceptable.

But like Zero said, it's up to the EO in the end.

most Milsim events will say it has to be identical to its Real Life counterpart, which means you cant just have an HK416, throw a box mag on it, and call it an IAR, you would need the IAR kit and so on. its pretty much the same idea with why MG36's are allowed but G36's with drum mags arent.

most Milsim events will say it has to be identical to its Real Life counterpart, which means you cant just have an HK416, throw a box mag on it, and call it an IAR, you would need the IAR kit and so on. its pretty much the same idea with why MG36's are allowed but G36's with drum mags arent.

Starblade hits the nail on the head. The good news is the kits are relatively inexpensive and the manufacturers are coming out with native AEGs soon. The HAMR is a bit more difficult to come by in the airsoft world since FN has not licensed it out yet.

In the events I EO (as rare as they may be), I would allow them, with certain stipulations (IE, must run the Echo 1 Surefire Magazine clones) or something similar.

I'll admit I have been tossing around the idea of a M27 myself, given my Jarhead lineage.

I honestly thought my question original enough to not bother with a forum search, my mistake. I was aware of the intended M27 AEG but can't get a release date from Umarex/EF. The HAMR, I haven't heard anything on in the realm of airsoft but to my untrained eye I can see no external difference from it and a normal Scar-L. What about the technical aspects? Should a V.2 GB take the beating of full-auto for extended periods? Fets seem almost necessary to prevent lipo damage.

To answer your questions:

1.) You can purchase the "Asia Version" (ie shoots less than 350 fps) from WGCShop and EHobbyAsia currently. They look to be in stock at both places. The US version looks to be released within the next month or so: http://www.popularairsoft.com/news/update-vfc-m27-iar-aeg

2.) The HAMR would be a difficult item to replicate. It has a heavy barrel on a what is basically a SCAR-L. Other differences include a black receiver and a different selector switch. Also note the external open-bolt actuator on the right side of the receiver. http://www.fnhusa.co...ar-family/hamr/

3.) Version 2s have come a LONG way since the original TM design and clones. VFC gearboxes are actually pretty good since they now. If it fails, you have the option of replacing it with a CNC Aluminum gearbox ($80) or reinforced versions such as KWA. VFC claims it is a complete Ver 2. system.

4.) FETS may or may not be needed, as that always depends on if you are running 11.1 or 7.4

Edited by -Rogue-