Ascu Gen 3 Fps Loss?

Twrecks

Im building a custom M4 with a ascu gen 3 in it im using a G&G ver2 gearbox before I put the ascu in it it was shooting 389-390 fps and now that i have the mosfet into the gun im getting 300 fps and i have a m120 spring. So im not sure why the gun would lose fps just from putting the ascu unit in the gun.

The ACSU (or electronics for that matter) have nothing to do with FPS.

When you installed it, you lost seal on your cylinder head to cylinder or, more likely, your piston to the cylinder.

Replace or stretch your piston oring and report back.

Edited by -Rogue-

Hey fella, you might want to introduce yourself at the Introductions thread. People here are more apt to offer help if they know you.

And on that note, is it possible that you might have misplaced a shim or two when you disassembled the gearbox, enough to cause the gears to "slip?" That's what I thought when you said it sounded like a 1/2 stroke.

it is most DEFINITELY an air seal issue. an M120 should NOT be getting 300 fps unless you put a DSG setup into it. something wasnt replaced right in your gearbox when you took it apart to install the ASCU and then reassembled it.

surry for not introduceing myself - hi and im my name is thomas or you can call me by my nickname twrecks

and i thought it was the shim so i reshimed it and it still did it

here it is but as you can tell in the video my air nozzle juest broke off good thing i have anuther

it has a good air seal but it like it does not seem like it make a full cycle like a 1/2 stroke

What? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use proper English.....

And on that note, is it possible that you might have misplaced a shim or two when you disassembled the gearbox, enough to cause the gears to "slip?" That's what I thought when you said it sounded like a 1/2 stroke.

Cant happen, the angle at which this would happen would be almost beyond 45 degrees. If your gears are moving that much your gun wouldn't fire anyways. If you are short stroking then you are missing teeth on the piston, plain and simple.

Take it all apart again, teflon tape your cylinder head and install it back int o the cylinder, go out and buy a #14 o-ring from lowes/home depot/menards install it on the piston, reassemble the gun and CHRONO it. Judging FPS loss by simply looking at the gearbox firing is next to impossible.

Take it all apart again, teflon tape your cylinder head and install it back int o the cylinder, go out and buy a #14 o-ring from lowes/home depot/menards install it on the piston, reassemble the gun and CHRONO it. Judging FPS loss by simply looking at the gearbox firing is next to impossible.

I did that and it was shooting 340 - 358fps then the bb's started to roll out and the motor got warm.

BB's rolling out of the barrel means that it is loading too many at once. Try turning your hop-up off and see if you still have low FPS and multiple bb's in the chamber. As for the still low FPS, could be a result of your hop-up not meshing against the GB well or you are still leaking around the air nozzle (may be cracked or missing it's internal o-ring).

BB's rolling out of the barrel means that it is loading too many at once. Try turning your hop-up off and see if you still have low FPS and multiple bb's in the chamber. As for the still low FPS, could be a result of your hop-up not meshing against the GB well or you are still leaking around the air nozzle (may be cracked or missing it's internal o-ring).

but wood that make the motor get hot?

Hot is a subjective term. Looked at a setup this weekend that someone thought was getting hot and it was normal given the gearbox setup and the battery being used.

Do you have an actual temperature reading?

Hot is a subjective term. Looked at a setup this weekend that someone thought was getting hot and it was normal given the gearbox setup and the battery being used.

Do you have an actual temperature reading?

no

i put the g&g hop-up back in it and there not rolling out but the fps is 319-325

and what size o-ring is the air nozzle

Edited by Twrecks

no

i put the g&g hop-up back in it and there not rolling out but the fps is 319-325

and what size o-ring is the air nozzle

Ding ding ding! I think we found the problem. You've more than likely found a way to get a bad air seal in whatever Hop-Up you installed.

What?

You swapped in your G&G hop-up? Are we talking about two different hop-up units?

ya i have two the g&g and and a Madbull Airsoft Ultimate Hopup. The madbull one i got wen i got the Madbull Daniel Defense Metal Body and i have been using it and using it befor i had the prolem

Edited by Twrecks

Put the one that gave you good FPS back into your gun and turn the hop-up all the way off. Then see what happens.

330fps then thay start rolling out

and this is my last post for the day

Edited by Twrecks

what'd to say thank you all for the help and it was not the air seal. It was the engagement of the piston to the gears. thanks for all the air seal help cuz it's shooting to hot 425fps and I think this topic can be closed now.