Last Systema Part I Will Ever Buy...

Glavier

So a few years back I had an Echo 1 M16, fully stock except for a new systema M120 spring (and a reshim/relube job). I got to run the spring for two games, then in the middle of the third game my rifle stopped firing. Of course I was taking fire, so I threw up my red rag, headed back to the safe area and proceeded to field strip my rifle only to find this:

100_0371.jpg

Confounded, I vowed from that day forward to never purchase another Systema part for my gun again. The only upside to this is I found a spare spring in the back of my car, and was able to continue playing the rest of the day.

only systema parts i like are their buckings. and at $6 each you can afford to go through them (even though ive been running the same one for about 4 years now...might be time for a new one....)

spring wise i really really really prefer PDI springs. so much better consistancy in the FPS and such.

Out of curiosity did you have a ball bearing spring guide and piston head?

I'v seen several irregular pitch springs do this and the only thing I have consistently been able to see is that the guns they break in dont have ball bearing spring guides/piston heads. My hunch on this is based simply on my experience with a systema M120 that was in my MP5 for 4 years. Never had a problem but it had a ball bearing spring guide and a piston head.

I had the ball bearing spring guide but not the piston head. I ran another irregular pitch spring in that rifle, but the systema is the only one that bit the dust.

Systema (outside of the PTW), is no longer the flagship brand it used to be. Hell... SHS (which costs 30% of the System Parts) is superior.

• 1 month later...