Outline:

Packing

First Impressions

Initial firing

Game results

Current issues with it

Overall Opinion

Personal Rating

Note to readers: This is a review with some personal information in it regarding the MP7. My apologizes if you find that unprofessional, but I believed that it was needed for more detail.

Packing:

To start let me inform all who may read this that this MP7 was not purchased from a store. It was purchase from CStahl back in 2011. It did not come in any package at all. I just went over to his residence, paid him the money, took the MP7 and took it to my residence to get to work on it (explained in First Impressions).

First Impression:

Now here is where some of you will probably think that I am the luckiest SOB in the world. I paid 45 USD (US Dollars) for it, but that is due to the fact that it was non-operational at the time. The charging handle was stuck and the only magazine for it at the time was gone due to various problems with shipping it to another buyer who sent it back to CStahl. Now due to CStahl personal life, he was unable to work on it and gave me a steal for it. Now at the time I had not yet owned a Gas Blow Back and was totally unaware of how I was going to get it fixed, but for 45 USD it was a chance that I could pass up.

Now after sometime trying to figure out why is was unable to work, I got a break after I had my father helped me out (cause I had no idea what I was doing and my father is a whiz with mechanical systems) and we found that the bolt had a screw lodged in a way that prevented it from moving. After we got the screw out by using a screwdriver to dislodge it, we noticed that the bolt had a screw missing and sure enough that screw that was preventing the bolt from moving was the screw that the bolt was missing.

Initial Firing:

After I ordered a 20 round magazine for it (plus a propane adapter) I got to test fire it to see if my 45 USD investment paid off, it did not. Nothing happened. Found out that the screw was the same screw that prevented the bolt from moving in the first place was causing the problem. It had no seal so all the gas would escape. After applying some sealant to it and putting the screw back I got 1 magazine off before the BB’s started to drop out of the barrel. That was caused by not having it lubed up; it was as dry as Death Valley inside the MP7. After lubing it though, there was not a single problem at all.

Game Results:

Now I used this from late 2011 to late 2012 in games and was very pleased with it. Over the months I used it I managed to buy two 40 round magazines and was using it as my secondary weapon for the first year I used it and as a primary for the latter months of 2012. It is very light weight, about six pounds with a fully loaded 40 round magazine, mock suppressor, and red dot sight. It has a very nice “point-and-shoot” feel to it when using it. To this day it still shoots around 380FPS with .20 gram BB’s (this is the lastest FPS reading I have thanks to OP: Chill & Grill 2).

Current Issues with it:

Now my MP7 from time to time it will not work right for unknown reason and right after events it will be back to working order (as Endgame and others have seen it happen before). It does not like propane and goes through my silicone oil like crazy as I try to keep it lubed up. I am still learning about Gas Blow Backs to this day, but that still hasn’t been a major setback to me at all.

Overall Opinion:

This is by far my most favorite airsoft gun I have ever owned.

There are times where I feel like selling it, but I was back out because this thing is just too damn fun to use.

This is a gun that is definitely a blast to use for any type of event, for both field and CQC.

Personal Rating:

Performance: 9 out of 10 stars (weird issues)

Ease of Use: 10 out of 10 stars

Cost of Use: 6 out of 10 stars (This is a gas blow back and running it as a primary has caused me to buy a bunch of magazines for it, which are not cheap)

Maintenance: 10 out of 10 stars (easy to disassemble to clean it; remove magazine and make sure it is on safe, pop 2 pins, pull out bolt, proceed to clean)

Overall rating: 8 out of 10 stars

Once again I apologize for not posting pictures with it, I do not have any pics of my MP7 by itself expect with gear, other guns, etc.