Sign in to follow this  
Kilo27

Btc Chimera Mosfet, Motor Heat

I have a G&G m4 style gun that I recently started installing a mosfet on, I'm using a 11.1lipo 1100mah battery. Using stock motor, stock gear set. stock spring also (m120) i believe.

The issue im having is the battery and the motor are getting hot when shooting on 3rd burst or semi in rapid sucession. The mosfet itself doesnt get hot at all, it gets to a point of shutdown in a way. The motor makes a slight beeping noise for a second then the unit shuts itself off. Im unsure if this is maybe a short somewhere or the motor just isnt up to par with the setup anymore. Looking for a bit of insight on this if anyone can help before I bought a new motor. Its probably the next to be upgraded reguardless.

There is a good chance that the motor isn't able to handle the amperage that its pulling. What is the coulomb rating on your lipo (20c, 25c, 30c, etc)?

Is this a G&G sportline?

You probably dont have a short since you aren't blowing fuses, melting the fet, or blowing up your battery. When a lipo shorts out, you know QUICKLY.

***EDIT***

Just noticed you are in Muncie. BSU? If so let me know and we can meet up sometime and I can take a look for you.

There is a good chance that the motor isn't able to handle the amperage that its pulling. What is the coulomb rating on your lipo (20c, 25c, 30c, etc)?

Is this a G&G sportline?

You probably dont have a short since you aren't blowing fuses, melting the fet, or blowing up your battery. When a lipo shorts out, you know QUICKLY.

***EDIT***

Just noticed you are in Muncie. BSU? If so let me know and we can meet up sometime and I can take a look for you.

The battery im using is actually a 15c discharge rate, its rather small because it has to fit in the buffer tube. I do believe it is one of the sportline guns, its one of the blowback aeg's. I have a motor I can test this with I just have to wait a little bit till next week sometime, other than that if I'm still having issues with this I will let you know and possibly get some assistance from you. That's much appreciated, im actually really close to bsu about 5-10mins away

*****An update scratch the previous post, after opening up the gearbox after work tonight I discovered the actual piston spring had broken in two on the spring guide and coiled itself around the rest of the spring, and that the motor starts to smoke on even another gun so im pretty sure the motor might be on its last leg. Ill have to get another spring so this may be delayed unitil I can get something spring wise to replace it.***** Good news to say the least.... :unsure:

Yikes. Broken springs aren't fun. I have several stock springs laying around if you want one. Wont be pushing 400fps but at least you can get the gun back up and running.

15c is a low lipo, so I would agree with you that your motor is probably on its last leg. Have you change out the brushes and how old is the motor?