Wanna Get Into Sniping

Zagg

Ghostwarrior4241 please make sure you check the date of the last post. This was last posted in June of last year and unless you were adding something useful or new there is no need to revive it. Thanks.

~Joker

• 7 months later...

:ph34r:

Sheesh...its like im known for this or something... ;)

So are you just wanting to throw money at a sniper rifle for the sole purpose of "adding to your collection" or you are seriously considering playing the role of airsoft sniper? Because those are two very different things.

If you are serious about sniping then you should read this: http://www.airsoft-indiana.com/forum/index.php/topic/28-jokers-guide-to-airsoft-sniping-101/ Then when you are done, read it again.

There is so much more to being an effective airsoft sniper than your sniper rifle and how much money you put into it. Don't get me wrong sniping is not cheap, in fact it may be one of the most costly roles you will play in airsoft. But if you dont have the skills needed to pull it off (or the will to learn), an expensive gun won't do you much good. And I can assure you that it is NOT for everyone. So again if you are serious and after reading all of that you still think you want to give sniping a try, we can talk more, as I can go on and on about this.

~Joker

Hey Joker, I've actually trained with the NSCC and taken marksmanship classes along with 'mini scout sniper school'.  I know at least an outline of what I'm getting into, but would still like any help you could give me.  However, the actual hard part for me is that airsoft guns aren't so much like real steal. As you mentioned in your sniping post, they pretty much have the same performance as a decent AEG.  I'm willing to put the money and work into my rifle (Wellfire MK96) to be able to use it effectively, but I need pointers on where to direct said money and effort.

(PS I had a great time at noob day last month) Thanks!

Hey Joker, I've actually trained with the NSCC and taken marksmanship classes along with 'mini scout sniper school'. I know at least an outline of what I'm getting into, but would still like any help you could give me. However, the actual hard part for me is that airsoft guns aren't so much like real steal. As you mentioned in your sniping post, they pretty much have the same performance as a decent AEG. I'm willing to put the money and work into my rifle (Wellfire MK96) to be able to use it effectively, but I need pointers on where to direct said money and effort.

(PS I had a great time at noob day last month) Thanks!

Carolina, check the date on a post. If it's over 90days old it's a dead topic. Shouldn't post on it any more. That is called necroposting. Big NO NO on the forums.