Wanna Get Into Sniping

Zagg

Ok well i want to get a sniper and start to grow my airsoft gun collection but i dont know much about them and wanting to know what brand is the best for under $200 and what model has worked best for you guys. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Lol, being an airsoft sniper for under $200... Sorry guy, but youre gonna have a low chance at getting a good sniper rifle for under $200

• Upvote 1

Lol, being an airsoft sniper for under $200... Sorry guy, but youre gonna have a low chance at getting a good sniper rifle for under $200

Then give one thats higher! lol

Echo 1 M28. Get metal mags for it though. Good news is that it accepts marui vsr 10 sear sets. That will be the best one for the price you stated. Ghostface here on the forums actually bought mine and he loves it

Firstly its a sniper rifle, not a sniper. A sniper is a person. To get any sniper rifle up to the task will require time and money, probably more than you want to spend. The other concern is the rest of what entails the role. To be effective at it you'll need to learn how to properly camouflage yourself, how to move, how to be patient while waiting for your target, and how to be accurate with your weapon.

I get bored easy, so I spend a lot of time doing research and reading forums, and one thing I've noticed is most new people want to do the sniper role without realizing just what it takes to do it effectively. If you want to do it, go for it. Just remember that you will spend most of your time getting into position for a shot, and you'll likely only take out a few people during a match as apposed to being a rifleman. My suggestion for you is to run an AEG for a while and get a feel for the game and tech work.

• Upvote 2

I'm jumping on the band wagon with everyone here. Although the most exciting, best game I have ever played was as a sniper/ sharpshooter, it is not an easy roll to play, and is for more "advanced" or "patient" players. In 8 hours of continuous play I never fired a shot because I wasn't authorized to. My job was mainly recon, and spent most of my time laying face down in a dried up marsh being chewed up by thousands of mosquitoes, and bit by spiders because that was the roll I played that scenario.

Plus, a good sniper rifle, with great distance is difficult to build and get dialed in right.

If this is really the roll you want to take on, then team up with someone who takes that roll seriously, and be their spotter. I guarantee after you have played two scenarios and fired less than a handful of shots you will change your idea about the roll.

• Upvote 2

Ok well i want to get a sniper and start to grow my airsoft gun collection but i dont know much about them and wanting to know what brand is the best for under $200 and what model has worked best for you guys. :lol:

:ph34r:

Sheesh...its like im known for this or something... ;)

So are you just wanting to throw money at a sniper rifle for the sole purpose of "adding to your collection" or you are seriously considering playing the role of airsoft sniper? Because those are two very different things.

If you are serious about sniping then you should read this: http://www.airsoft-indiana.com/forum/index.php/topic/28-jokers-guide-to-airsoft-sniping-101/ Then when you are done, read it again.

There is so much more to being an effective airsoft sniper than your sniper rifle and how much money you put into it. Don't get me wrong sniping is not cheap, in fact it may be one of the most costly roles you will play in airsoft. But if you dont have the skills needed to pull it off (or the will to learn), an expensive gun won't do you much good. And I can assure you that it is NOT for everyone. So again if you are serious and after reading all of that you still think you want to give sniping a try, we can talk more, as I can go on and on about this.

~Joker

I prefer the M-60 Sniper platform myself.... :machinegun:

My last sniper build was a sun project M40A1. I think at the height of it's build I had dumped around 1200 into it. It was a practical sniper rifle that could actually hit people at some reasonable ranges then. I dont know if anyone is still here who remembers it but it was a beauty to say the least.

• Upvote 4

I prefer the M-60 Sniper platform myself.... :machinegun:

My last sniper build was a sun project M40A1. I think at the height of it's build I had dumped around 1200 into it. It was a practical sniper rifle that could actually hit people at some reasonable ranges then. I dont know if anyone is still here who remembers it but it was a beauty to say the least.

Mr. Sniperman 101,,, :smiley-taunt:

Zagg. Me and you need to have a talk... Like soon. I shall show you the way my apprentice.

• Upvote 2

Watch this. This is what it's all about. If you want to do this, my suggestions are such;

1.) Play airsoft for a couple years. In this time learn how to stalk.

2.) Build a bush monster suit.

3.) Learn the ballistics of airsoft guns.

4.) Watch as many Phantom videos as possible.

Learn to play airsoft. You're not cut for sniping.

I agree with the sentiment. You are likely not cut out out... YET!

As you grow as a player, you may find that being a Sniper role player is your true calling, but before you find that calling, I encourage you to play as a normal "assaulter" and see what role does fit you best.

Well then..... My autistic sensors are going off-_- thanks guys

Hey man, they just gave you some pretty awesome advice and videos to help! Like they said, get some experience in the field of MILSIM, and one day, You'll be out there sneaking around, with a Sniper RIFLE, getting the job done.

• Upvote 1

Hey man, they just gave you some pretty awesome advice and videos to help! Like they said, get some experience in the field of MILSIM, and one day, You'll be out there sneaking around, with a Sniper RIFLE, getting the job done.

It's cool Zigg.... He is just asking to meet Harvest out back behind a Denny's sometime.... :lol:

• Upvote 2

with airsoft technology as it is now, a sniper rifle is pretty impractical. you can get nearly the same effective range out of a slightly upgraded AEG and have a much much higher versatility. NOTE: when i say this i mean not a sniper rifle youve dumped $900-1200 into, typically those have an effective range of about 75 feet more than an upgraded AEG. at that point, just wait for the target to move in a bit longer, and use your AEG. the key to this is Patience. play as an Assault class and learn patience and then go into a DM role.

• 2 months later...

I like the role because it's focus isn't on getting hits. I have more fun sneaking around, myself.

• Upvote 1

Since This topic has apparently been revived, I'm going to quote Joker here... " ""Notice how I left out things about weapons? That’s because that is what everyone seems to focus all of their attention on and they seem to forget about the really important parts of sniping. The things that really count and can make or break you. Sure, maybe you have spent lots of money on your upgraded weapon and maybe you can out range me but what good does that do you if I can sneak up on you and tap you on the shoulder for a knife kill? This boils down to time and practice. While I will agree that you do have to spend a good amount of money to get a weapon to perform where it should in airsoft, it’s not all about the weapon. It’s not always about long range kills, most of the time its about getting up close and personal and getting important info that may mean not taking the shot. I can continue to write and write about things you should and should not do when it comes to airsoft sniping but the best way to learn is the hard way, Hell that’s how I did it. So quit spending time online searching for the “perfect sniper rifle” or drooling over upgrades and get out on the field and play or practice. Learn from your mistakes. Don’t be afraid to ask questions while out on the field. And if you find out that sniping in airsoft is just not for you after all don’t be discouraged. There are tons of other roles out there to explore. Don’t let this ruin your airsoft careers. I hope this helps bring a little insight to airsoft snipers. Good luck." :sniper:

• 1 month later...

Yes there is definitely an impractical"ness" to an airsoft sniper, but It's fun. I would never recommend a sniper as a first gun, but thats not your situation anyway. I have my work horse which is a slightly modded kwa sr-10. If i really wanna win a game I use that. But, I also have a heavily modified UTG MK-96 and that is my "take my time" gun. Its a blast! Basically its all about what your plans are to do with the gun. You will be less efficient, but if you want to snipe you need a sniper rifle. The best guns on the market right now are the Airsoft GI custom spring rifles. They have the G700g and their upgraded mk96 that starts at $259.99. I know thats above 200, but that is the absolute minimum you can spend on a sniper rifle at this point and have a gun that will at least be a little effective during a game. Hope this helps. I spent around $310 on my sniper total, and if i could do it again I would have gotten this gun.

• 1 year later...

I would start out with AEG because sniping is not about the gun its about how you move and getting set up to take a shot then later on maybe look into getting one