Aps Urban Assault Rifle

Rhino

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=12148

Hadn't heard hide nor hair about this until it showed up. I've been looking for a bullpup along these lines for a long time but had been holding out for the PDW-R or whatever the airsoft equivalent will be called that debuted at SHOT show a few years back. This seems to be a lower end model along the same lines. The extra spring and the quick change feature it bragged about seem interesting ideas. Can I get some plasticheads to weigh in on this one?

(Please wear fire retardant clothing to this thread as there is high risk of flaming.)

It's all interesting as APS is a new company in the market. If i'm not mistaken they are connected to JG. Only time will tell if it will be any good. Now, while I like bullpups and the UAR is already availabe for preorder, the PDR-C is already done with the first batch and the second batch is almost complete. Expect to see that soon enough. Including extra springs and a quick spring change feature are nothing new. In fact the PDR-C will have a quick spring change according to PTS and ICS's L85 series also feature it among others. It's your choice though what you want more. Just my two percent of a dollar.

plasticheads

Never heard the term before. I kind of like it.

I will largely agree with Echo's comments. There really is nothing new about it except for the form factor. Largely speaking, there are many good bullpups on the market today but each has a major perceived weakness (outside of the bullpup configuration).

L85: Heavy!!!!

F2000: Magazine Compatibility

PDR: Short Barrel & awkward battery compartment

AUG: Proprietary Magazines & Internals

The list goes on and on.

What they seem to have done is largely provide a bullpup devoid of these perceived weaknesses.

Now, if they only made it aesthetically pleasing...

Edited by -Rogue-

Now, if they only made it aesthetically pleasing...

I agree. If it had a front grip similar to the PDR-C, I'd say we have a winner.

Endgame, slap an AFG on there and you're good :P . I like the look personally, so I'm considering being a guinea pig and getting one. Been wanting to get a compact bullpup and this thing may fit the bill.

Here's a link with some more pics of it.

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/Airsoft-Guns-A.P.S.-Airsoft-Guns/c3_297/p22016/A.P.S.-UAR501B-Urban-Assault-Rifle-AEG-%28Black%29/product_info.html

Edited by Bear

not meaning to thread jack here, but have you tried a p90. i have one and it is great,

fps is around 360 and realy dont have a lot of problems, the mags are ok, but you can get the 1,000 rd unit that uses a m4 high cap and it has space for a bigger battery,

and i know it takes away form the bullpup style but you can add parts to it to us a m4 barrel.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=30825

Edited by williamc

not meaning to thread jack here, but have you tried a p90. i have one and it is great,

fps is around 360 and realy dont have a lot of problems, the mags are ok, but you can get the 1,000 rd unit that uses a m4 high cap and it has space for a bigger battery,

and i know it takes away form the bullpup style but you can add parts to it to us a m4 barrel.

http://www.evike.com...oducts_id=30825

I can assure you, with as long as the P90 has been out, if I wanted it I would have gotten one. If we wanted another option, we'd have asked for one.

• Upvote 1

Don't get me wrong, I've seen a lot of "Buzzsaw" P90s as I've seen them labeled. (P90s loaded up to the teeth with railed barrel extension, m4 adaptor, mosquito molds style launcher, etc./whatever the f** will fit of the copious amount of rail space that mods always involve.) I like the idea and the P90 is a solid gun, however, its not super my style. I hadn't heard that news about the PDR which is cool. I also hear that there will be a sub-$200 tavor coming out for you cheap bastards. (Me)

The problems I see with this is that there don't seem to be iron sights and the general shape of it may lead to some awkward handling. The barrel I don't care about because its easy to lengthen a short barrel to your hearts content, but shortening one is a bit more difficult and costly. However, I can agree that time will tell, because dependability and how it holds up to upgrades can be key. Whether it has a standard m4 gearbox that fits most aftermarket, if crappy mags don't have trouble, things like that will show up as it becomes popular. As I can mark it, for the price, the look, and the performance, it will become a very popular gun for a period of time and we'll have a plethora of info to harp about.

I like the idea and the P90 is a solid gun, however, its not super my style. I hadn't heard that news about the PDR which is cool. I also hear that there will be a sub-$200 tavor coming out for you cheap bastards. (Me)

Side note, the sub-$200 Tavor is already out. Check out the S&T: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=9985

I think this gun looks absolutely sweet. I'm a sucker for bullpups though, and I've been looking for a good for a long time. And I really want to preorder this gun but I think I'm gonna give it a while to see what APS' manufacturing skills are like. See how the gun holds up and the magazine compatibility of it is. Keep me updated if anyone gets one!

Review's up:

In a nutshell:

-V3 Hybrid gearbox

-6.04 tightbore (384mm length)

-7mm metal bushings

-3 pin dissassembly

-fictional design (Made for airsoft)

-CQB spring @~360/Field Spring @~400

-Functional bolt release

-Intended release of conversion kit to upgrade from CQB length to Field length rifle.

I've said it before (it was edited to be more, sensitive, and p.c.) and I will say it again; that looks like the afterbirth of a lesbian cluster fuck.

Yes I'm here. Very sneaky sir.

Not really a fan of CrazyNCman, but he has one of the most in depth English reviews currently up. One thing that was brought up was mag compatibility. Apparently mid/low caps won't fit without something being modified. If their first batch does indeed have this problem, and its not just the one he has, it may change some folks minds. I don't mind modifying things when necessary though :).

Follow the link below for his review.

http://www.crazyncman.com/aps-uar-urban-assault-rifle-airsoft-gun-review/

Not really a fan of CrazyNCman, but he has one of the most in depth English reviews currently up. One thing that was brought up was mag compatibility. Apparently mid/low caps won't fit without something being modified. If their first batch does indeed have this problem, and its not just the one he has, it may change some folks minds. I don't mind modifying things when necessary though :).

Follow the link below for his review.

http://www.crazyncma...oft-gun-review/

If it is anything like the F2000, you have to shave off about a 3mm piece from the top of the magazine.

I've said it before (it was edited to be more, sensitive, and p.c.) and I will say it again; that looks like the afterbirth of a lesbian cluster fuck.

Yes I'm here. Very sneaky sir.

Yep, looks like a F2000, Kel-Tec RFB, and a PDR had a wee bit too much fun in the sack. Should have worn protection...

Edited by -Rogue-