Hong Kong Toy Fair 2013

starblade54

Alright guys, seems HKTF (Hong Kong Toy Fair) is going on now, so ill be kind of copy pasting (yes, while still giving credit to where credit is due) from Arnies about the stuff that is coming down the pipeline for this year, and guys, it looks like its going to be a fantastic year at that.

the 4 main interests would be the booths of KWA/PTS (more PTS than anything really), ACM (Dboys, A&K, etc), APS, and WE. ill just use that order and go from there! so without further ado, here we go!

- KWA -

First up, another crossover between KWA and PTS. Ladies and gents i give you the PTS Gas Blowback Masada.

Based on the LM4 system it seems to be a much much more reliable gas system than the Beta Project one.

it will use the same mags as the KSC/KWA GBB rifles. It will also be made the same as the AEG version which means engraved trades and the like.

Eye candy time! (photos courtesy of intinerious on Arnies Airsoft and Public Enemy

Screen-Shot-2013-01-07-at-8.18.16-PM.png

20130108_160353_zps53466d50.jpg

Secondly, a Mega Arms GBBR. seems to be an LM4 with a different receiver and the Mega Arms mono rail system.

20130108_160255_zpsf6e1ed30.jpg

Thirdly, a colaboration between Iron Ridge Arms and PTS/KWA, a Iron Ridge IRA-X Thor.

pretty much a hyped up battle rifle (uses 20LR Pmags/KAC style SR25 mags, so think CA or G&G SR25)

20130108_160541_zps7401b9ae.jpg

20130108_160534_zps2df792aa.jpg

Screen-Shot-2013-01-07-at-8.18.53-PM.png

and FINALLY the one thing everyone has been looking forward to from KWA since it was unveiled this time LAST YEAR.

i give you, the Magpul PDR!!!

while there really is no new info on it quite yet, the only thing new is that it takes a tiny TINY lipo, ill show you what i mean in a bit. Still no news on gearbox type, or compatibility, but it is due out in February so im sure that info will be along very shortly. One thing to note, is that if you want one, get it now. KWA themselves said that the first shipping batches are very low in number so if you feel you want one, be sure to hop on it.

PDR lipo compared to an AEG Pmag and a KWA Glock extended mag:

20130108_161726_zps8bf95659.jpg

(im sure you all know what the PDR looks like, so since no pictures from this event with the PDR are up ill give you this one)

20130108_172723_zps81bf721e.jpg

looks like its all set to go, they even have one up for testing to event goers:

Screen-Shot-2013-01-07-at-8.14.53-PM.png

- APS -

Not really a whole lot here, just a few things of note

Firstly, another group following in the ATP/ "not-glock" trend, APS has a GBB pistol VERY similar to a Glock out so looks like another option for those who want a glock but wont order from overseas to risk customs

Screen-Shot-2013-01-07-at-9.37.38-PM.png

Secondly, the UAR.

NOT only does it come in the bullpup carbine state, it comes in a DMR style long rifle as well!

20130108_154359_zpsaef46372.jpg

20130108_154322_zpsefdb4847.jpg

20130108_154338_zps0ec8a67c.jpg

20130108_154224_zps7ca724ac.jpg

Lastly, nothing really special JUST A SHRIKE!

there is no info about this yet, as the guy who took the picture didnt even realize what it was hopefully more info will develop in the next couple days

20130108_173309_zps52f37194.jpg

- ACM -

First up, the Dboys PKM!

Supposedly it is using a 249 gearbox so that will make it DG and Polarstar compatible if anyone were to go that route (Daytona Gun PKM would be badass in my opinion)

Screen-Shot-2013-01-07-at-8.13.04-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2013-01-07-at-8.15.40-PM.png

Lastly, for those of you who want a PTW but without spending even the $600 that the Celcius CTW was comes the A&K PTW

No real news on this other than it got announced, no idea if the electronics are any better than the Systema or Celcius ones so hopefully more info develops over the next few days

20130108_162912_zps944e0630.jpg

20130108_162917_zps6b5f0368.jpg

20130108_162927_zps6f0f7228.jpg

Im also going to make honorable mention of a GBB SVD that was shown, no idea on maker so hopefully that surfaces in the next couple days

Screen-Shot-2013-01-07-at-8.19.58-PM.png

and now, my most interested in booth and what they have in store this year (sorry no pictures as of yet)

- WE -

First up, WE MP5!

supposedly it will be in stores here in about 2 months, this will be a great competitor to the VFC one that is unfortunately a POS inside.

Secondly, SCAR-H GBBR!

WE announced this in a video, or rather teased it, but until now it seemed to be just vaporware as nothing had been heard of since, however James, WE's sort of spoke-person and who does their videos, has told people at the HKTF that the Scar-H GBBR is back on the menu. I may have to buy a 3rd Scar-H.......

thirdly, for whatever reason, WE is no longer going to be able to make their P90 GBBR, which this is a big disappointment to me as i was looking forward to it. they claim its licensing of sorts, but why they can get their Scar series licensed and not their P90 is beyond me.

lastly, and my favorite of all of them, WE has decided to expand their pistols lineup, why this interests me particularly, is they confirmed that they will be making the FNP/FNX LINE!. and by this i mean they specifically confirmed the FNP-45. this makes me incredibly excited as i would love an FNX-40

Well guys, thats all the info i have for now, ill get more as more is posted on other places and told to me by my contacts. Its looking to be a good year for new airsoft stuff!

• Upvote 2

Alright guys, seems HKTF (Hong Kong Toy Fair) is going on now, so ill be kind of copy pasting (yes, while still giving credit to where credit is due) from Arnies about the stuff that is coming down the pipeline for this year, and guys, it looks like its going to be a fantastic year at that.

the 4 main interests would be the booths of KWA/PTS (more PTS than anything really), ACM (Dboys, A&K, etc), APS, and WE. ill just use that order and go from there! so without further ado, here we go!

- KWA -

First up, another crossover between KWA and PTS. Ladies and gents i give you the PTS Gas Blowback Masada.

Based on the LM4 system it seems to be a much much more reliable gas system than the Beta Project one.

it will use the same mags as the KSC/KWA GBB rifles. It will also be made the same as the AEG version which means engraved trades and the like.

Eye candy time! (photos courtesy of intinerious on Arnies Airsoft and Public Enemy

F*ck me... After spending a sh*t load on G&P Magazines (since KWA said they would NOT be making an ACR) , they come out and do something like this that makes me happy.

Will be returning most of what I have (again).

Im glad to see the Planetary GB system is picking up speed. I'd like to see the specs on the A&K and see how it compares to the PTW/CTW/DTW.

F*ck me... After spending a sh*t load on G&P Magazines (since KWA said they would NOT be making an ACR) , they come out and do something like this that makes me happy.

Will be returning most of what I have (again).

LOL

Sorry buddy I could not help myself.

Bah...still no Steyr M GBB.....I'm gonna go Facebook stalk WE...

Other than that the rest of the stuff looks awesome!

That Thor SPR looks a lot like an LWRC REPR... So close to having one...

Kinda! Missing the side-mounted charging handle, but very cool none-the-less.

My only misgiving about it is the gearbox. Does anyone know if it is reinforced or a stronger material?

Kinda! Missing the side-mounted charging handle, but very cool none-the-less.

My only misgiving about it is the gearbox. Does anyone know if it is reinforced or a stronger material?

sorry man, nothing as of yet about the gearbox, its just now getting to be day over there so i suspect I will hear about it in the near future. Ill update stuff as i can with more pics and info as it comes.

I will be out at SHOTShow next week, so I am sure there will be a slew of stuff at Spartan's booth (PTS typically likes to set up camp there).

I WILL be getting my grubby little paws on the KWA ACR...