15 Years & Counting

Joker

I guess its time for a little update. So I have not been quite as active online as I normally am on here, meaning I have not been online 24/7 like I usually am nor posting as much. The reasons being is that I am working a lot lately and I dont get online much after I am off work, I spend all day staring at a computer screen. I have my hands full with my girlfriend and her 9 month old. Plus I have been spending a little more time on the IMPACT forums with team communications and planning. I actually spend more time on here while I am at work then I do when im off (typing this from work now lol). But I am still on here reading, answering PMs, and posting when needed. So if you guys need to get ahold of me you can, or you can call/text if you have my number.

Also for those of you who do not know I ended up totalling my truck on New Years Day. I was taking some back roads home, it had just snowed and no one had plowed those roads yet. They are very hilly and steep. Not my brightest idea, needless to say. I ended up fishtailing back and forth down hill until I got to the bottom and hit black ice and flew off the road into some trees. So the front of my truck was pancaked. I am completely fine other then some soreness. I didn't even hit the airbags when they went off. I jumped out of the truck and had to run 1/2 mile up the road just to get cell signal. Anyways my reason for telling you all this is that I now need to spend money I dont have on a vehicle. So this might put a damper of my traveling to airsoft games or speding money on airsoft for the time being.

Now with all that negativity being said, I am very much looking forward to my 15th year of airsoft! I still cant believe I have been doing this for that damn long. I know this is "play army bb gun warz" and just a hobby for most but I am very proud of the fact that I have stuck around for 15 years. I dont know to many people that do anything for that length of time let alone a hobby like this. I have seen a lot change from airsoft tech and guns to the Indiana airsoft community as a whole or even IMPACT over the years. I would like to think that I am not just hanging around but have had a positive influence on the Indiana airsoft community over the last 15 years. Whether its been hosting countless games, attending even more, helping new players on and off the field, helping start new teams, helping host games, or answering those noob questions over and over again lol. And whether you know it or not I am a very large reason why most of you are even here in the first place lol. And its hard to believe where we are now compaired to where we once were. Small skirmishes with spring guns to 100+ player MilSims. I am very proud to be a part of Airsoft Indiana. Shooting at and with you guys has given me so much joy, the fun and endless memories are something I wouldn't trade for anything.

Now as far as my plans for this year or years to come... I want to have fun. I mean I am celebrating after all. I may not host nearly as many games as I normally do this year. But that is because I plan to attend as many other games as I possibly can. Now IMPACT may host games and pick up my slack but I will have minimal involvement. I do have a plan or two up my sleeve that is currently *Secret Squirrel* so we will see how that all pans out. Near death experiences aside I have no plans to go anywhere anytime soon, even if my online activity seems to slow down a bit. I have never taken a break from airsoft, so why start now? I VERY much look forward to attending some great airsoft games with you all this year. Thanks for putting up with me for so long.

~Joker

• Upvote 1

Congrats on 15 years Joker. That sucks about your truck, but at least you're alright. I've yet to play with you since joining Indiana's airsofters, but I look forward to it.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, man, that does suck royally. I hope you find something on the cheap for your next vehicle.

If you need a ride to a game, know you got one over here, man.

Sorry to hear about the truck man. My hat it off to you, 15 years is amazing! In this day and age most marriages don't even come close to that mark. I cant even imagine all the changes you have seen in that amount of time.

Man I feel for you, you don't know how many times I wiped out my truck on back roads in Morgan, Monroe, Owen, and Lawrence counties. Good luck finding a cheap replacement.

Congrats on 15 years in this crazy sport. It a true test to stay through up and downs, thick and thin, and a drama filled hobby. Here's to helping us to learn the patients you have.

Shit happens I guess. My biggest problem with wrecking the truck besides the sentimental value it had was how it impacted my airsofting and plans to get a house this year. Adapt and overcome. I played airsoft LONG before I could drive so I guess im just getting back to my roots hahaha.

Thanks for all the congrats fellas. Like I said im pretty proud of hanging in this for so long. I am really excited for all the great Indiana airsoft games that I know we will have this year. Should be loads of fun!

~Joker

• Upvote 2

Just glad that you came out of it intact. The truck may be gone but the memories will always stay with you. So getting a house will be delayed. But like you said - adapt and overcome. I get the impression that you're a survivor so I'm sure you'll work your way back up soon enough.

By the way, I saw this the other day and wondered if you've read it - if you haven't, you should totally do this.

http://essentialgear...e-on-that-face/

Or course, with all that's happened lately you might not be in the mood for such an expensive project. But fear not, I've found you a cheaper project!

http://www.1-ads.net/joker-nurse-costume,5135731_class.htm

See you Saturday. :D

Edited by targetpractice

Haha yeah I have seen that. I have a couple different versions of what I call my "Joker loadout" that consists of mostly purple lol. I even have a civi version that I was saving for OP: Irene before they went back to Delta VS Charlie teams that I have yet to wear. If you ever see me play airsoft chances are im wearing purple something, no matter what the teams are lol.

~Joker