The Evolution Of Your Airsoft Career

Spectre

I started about 9 years ago after being introduced to the sport by Serpent and we played extensively with Airsoft Kentucky when they were still around. Got to know Kaiser (Gaijin) well then. Back then TM was THE brand and CA was just hitting the market. There was only RedWolf and Airsoft Extreme to buy from online and YouTube teching instructions was not yet around.

First weapon was a CA M16A4, full stock that shot 290 FPS out of the box. I added the first M120 spring I could find and a 9.6V 4000 MaH could barely pull it. Oh the good old days. There was no such thing as "high speed" or "high torque" gears. There was just plain gears that were TM spec.

First pistol was an HFC full-auto M9. Damn thing kept leaking and I do not remember how many times I pulled it out of the holster for it to go "bloop."

After about two years I left for the Marines and played only a little, taking about a two-year hiatus until I met HRTurner during undergrad and he got me interested again. Since then, I have been actively involved in the IAA and then in both the Northern Collective and AI (I have to be involved in both since there are few games near Fort Wayne).

My current obsession is perfecting GBB weapons and I have plenty of them. I only use AEGs now when I have to due to weather or long-range outdoors games where GBBs are seriously out-gunned. I like weapons that mirror my real-steel collection for "training" purposes (at least that is what I tell my wife!).

Current Armory:

Rifles:

Magpul PTS ACR (Masada) GBBR

Magpul PTS ACR (Masada) AEG

SMGs:

2x KWA MP7

Pistols:

3x KSC/KWA Glock 17s

I am a self-professed gear queer nylon Nancy who has usually experimented with just about everything out there.

First Loadout:

USMC Interceptor Vest w/ BlackHawk! Pouches

Current Loadout(s):

Assault: CamelBak Delta-5 Vest w/ Emdom USA & Blue Force Gear Pouches

General Skirmish: Condor H-Harness w/ Condor Pouches

CQB: Blue Force Gear Ten-Speed MP7 Chest Rig w/ CamelBack

Pistols-Only: Safariland Holster w/ Fobus Speed Paddles

Google search started it all... Found the IAA made a post.. Was almost cut into little pieces by a half crazed spaniard on a 2 hour drive to S8 field. Meet Joker.. Shot lots of people.. And continue to shoot people... ....The End....

Short version:

I ate cat food and some how made it into the Guffies

Long Version:

I ate cat food at OP: KISS and some how made it into the Guffies.

• Upvote 1

Ive never seen this thread, so i guess ill put my origins up.

Started by playing backyard skirmishes with a bunch of friends from Jr. High about 8-9 years ago, first gun was a Crossman C02 NBB pistol (imagine that, me starting with a handgun). that soon evolved after a couple friends decided to get a gun from some Japanese company named Tokyo Marui. All i knew at that point was that after playing one match against them, i needed something that could match it. so i started looking around, and being the young kid i was, i got a Both Elephant XM8 from Meijer (cause hey, one electric gun is the same as another right?). This is also what sparked my dad being interested in airsoft as well. Soon however, since it was a BE, it was time to upgrade; after mowing plenty of lawns and saving birthday money, i purchased my real first AEG, a Cyma CM.036 AKM. After that, it just all went uphill (or down depends on your point of view :D ).

not too long after that (year or 2) i found the IAA. By that time my dad and I were big into airsoft (or so we thought) and figured we would go to a noob day event and have a good time. Boy was that a culture shock. Since then i have been playing as much as i can, and loving every minute of it.

over the years i have probably owned a version of nearly every rifle you can. there are just a few of the more obscure rifles that i have yet to get my hands on, but who knows, that might change.

current loadout:

German surplus Flecktarn BDU and combat shirt

Condor CIRAS

Condor Battle Belt

Blackhawk! serpa with dropleg platform

5.11 Taclite boots

Current Armory (in order of importance/use)

HPA powered Polarstar VFC Scar-H SSR DMR

VFC Scar-H Std/grenadier

TM G3-SG1

TM Glock 17c custom

WE Glock 18c

TM M9 Samurai Edge

KJW P226

• 1 month later...

Just came across this thread, I've always found it interesting hearing stories about how people got involved in airsoft. I'd love to add to this, so here goes -

-What got you into airsoft?

I was sitting over at a friend's house when his roommate came home from the flea market with some cheap (probably sub-Wells) airsoft gun. We sat on the couch shooting each other with it for the lulz. The next day we all went to the flea market and purchased guns to shoot each other with - started in his basement with some pitch black cqb action, then moved to another friends back yard on the sw side of Indy where we held two small skirmishes a month. A few months into this, my friend's girlfriend brought Tubbs one night, where he proceeded to own all of us from one spot in the field with his TM G3. We never stood a chance. A lot of friends dropped out of airsoft at this point, but I was intrigued. Tubbs and I became friends and I started to research the sport a little bit more. Shortly after that was when the original warehouse games started and we were introduced to the I.A.A. This was 2005.

-What was your first airsoft gun?

I purchased a sub-Wells P90 that had a gravity fed 300 rd magazine for $50.

-Where does your loadout stand now?

I don't try to replicate any one loadout. I find what works for me, and what's comfortable. That being said - I'm currently running a Pantac RRV rig with the hydration pouch. 10 mags on my front. Current rifle is the Classic Army M15A4 PMC. Sidearm is the KWA KP45 Tactical.

-Anything you want in the near future?

To be honest - all I need to get my loadout where I want it is a battle belt and my loadout will be prime. I'm set on weapons right now, though I will admit, I'd just love to have some type of launcher. Tell me, honestly, that you don't get a little thrill hearing that loud THUMP every time one goes off.

-Any other bits of information you'd like to share:

I've been playing for eight years (seven if you count my absence last year). I've met a lot of great people along the way, many of whom I would consider friends. I've had a blast, regardless of what game it was (unless you count CPX Red Dawn I). I've played in three of the four surrounding states - CPX (Illinois) ASL Game (don't remember the title, KY). OP Redemption II and Blind Fury 8 (OH). I've been to some great in-state games, although I think one of my favorite memories comes from Banshee Wraith II (don't hate).

• What got you into airsoft?

- Always played 'guns' when I was a little kid, and when I was around 12 I found a box of fully automatic m4's that fired at about 120 fps. My friends and I started just shooting the hell out of each other around the house and woods until one day well after I had purchased a CA M4 cqb, I was googling airsoft guns etc and stumbled across the old IAA. From there, I went to the Farm in february a several years back when it was ~15 degrees out, and had a blast. Ever since then, my bank account has hurt.

• What was your first gun?

- CA M4 cqb.

• Where does your loadout stand now?

- Primary Weapon:

• Systema 08 PTW MK18
  • 16mags
  • Fenix tk22 300 Lumen light
  • Replica Eotech 553
  • Shorty 203
  • Working PEQ

- Subload:

• HSGI Suregrip Battle Belt (s)
  • 3x HSGI Tacos
  • Emdom Dump Pouch
  • 5.11 Utility Pouch
  • Soon to be a new sidearm.

- Loadout:

• Blue Force Gear Chest rig (4x ar mags)
  • HSGI Bleeder Blowout w/ shears, israeli bandage and soon quick clot
  • 2x HSGI Pistol Tacos (when new sidearm is purchased)
  • HSGI Shoulder Pads
  • Pantac Map Pack with safety reserve Fast Mag. Also 70oz Hydro / spare bb's etc.

- Helmet (2 week from now)

• Ops-core Base Jump
  • Tan Cover
  • Rails
  • Bungee
  • Soon Surefire or camera

- Camo:

• M81 Woodland
  • DCU

- Reserve Kit (All BLK)

• BW Plate Carrier w/ cummerbund
  • 2x BW double AR
  • Blackhawk 40oz Hydro w/ bladder
  • 5.11 Utility
  • TAG magnetic retention triple pistol
  • Maxpedition Radio
  • Emdom Dump

• Anything you want in the near future?

- Kind of mentioned, but I will be getting my new sidearm (Elite Force CO2 1911), and my Ops-Core Base Jump Helmet.

- I wouldn't mind a reserve PTW down the road ( :D )

• and any other bits of information you would like to share

Just enjoy the sport for what it is, do not try to make it into anything that it cannot be! Also, buy quality of quantity! You will end up saving in the long run!

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

My first game was in the my front in Backyard with my brother, Eagle. He had a micro uzi and a had a mini MP5. Wdidnt have lives, just blasted eachother because we were so excited to get to finally play. I remeber shooting him up his nose (thats when the game ended lol). We used to play paintball and while my brother was hella good, I was 10 and played like a female reproductive organ. After playing paintball a few more times I quit being a female reproductive organ and really enjoyed it. After playing for a while it became really expensive and I hated how unreal it was. Everytime you would try and shoot through a bush, the ball would break. I wanted to play airsoft more, but none of my friends were that into it. I think it was because my brother and I would destroy them everytime.

It was the second semester of my freshman year of highschool (2009) when I was sitting in Physics class, not paying attention and browsing the internet on my ipod touch when I found the IAA. I made a couple post and was ripped on as usual for being a stoopid noob. I showed the website to my brother, and he became active and found us some games. Our first game was at the NME field where I saw Comrade Harvest wearing an IRENE patch and I thought he was the most l33t special forces BB gun combat soldier there ever was. I wasnt too much of a noob, I had 5 midcaps if that says anything :P. I had a blast to say the least!

I remember seeing hrturner, merkwerk, and assasin all out at a game and my brother and I were super jelly since we were still noobs. Secretly ever since then I had wanted to be a part of ModSquad, this is the first time I have ever admitted that :P.

Ever since the NME field got sold my brother and I have been making an effort to travel to games. One of my favorite games so far was a night game hosted by ModSquad before I joined on what I believe was June 19-20, 2010. Other than the heat and mosquitos, I had a great time!

Now I have been to Irene 9 and 10, Northern Light 3, Blind Fury 7 and 8, and other games in Ohio.

Soon I will be headed to Wisconson for Lightning Strike and in the summer Hopefully to New York for OP: Black Sheep at Pine Plains.

First gun:

Spring Walther P22

Current Gun:

Systema PTW MAX w/ SpectreDR

KJW Glock 23

Gear:

TS 6094a (looking to get a real LBT in a few months)

soon to be HSGI Sure-Grip Battle belt

M81 woodland/DCU

DBT FAPC

Mayflower 5.56 chest rig

Been apart of ModSquad for almost 2 years now and loving it. I believe it was official on June 25, 2011.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

I am going to resurrect this thread for the moment.

Please feel free to add your experiences and motivation for getting into airsoft.

I started playing Airsoft when I was around 6. Me and my 3 buddies all had springers and my other buddy had a co2 nbb pistol and an unknown brand MP5 AEG. At around the age of 9 I was sick of getting wrecked on by that MP5. So I had picked up a cheap DE AK47. I had then started to get a bit better and improved. When my buddies all quit or at least they didn't play as much I decided I'd try to find more friends to play with. But first I needed a mini field. So I got out to the inactive train tracks behind my house and started building with my dad... we built a 3 story high treehouse/fort. Then when I was around 11 after I had gained some 3-4 friends to play with I had decided to grab my brother and neighbor and build another fort so we built a little bunker and a foxhole. When I was around 12 in September I was browsing YouTube and decided to type in "airsofting in a school" and what you know lil altes' channel pops up with his Anderson school game. So I PM'd him from YouTube and he pointed me to the AI website. I then proceeded to make an account. Go to some games (first was a teschendorf game) and was amazed by what everyone had. I then bought a $300 gun which is running strong just don't have it right now cuz its getting worked on. But then I bought a vest. After I got some ACU's and got mag pouches and some mags. But I still wanted to be "tacticooled" so I picked up a helmet, backpack/hydration carrier, some utility pouches and also a new gun for CQB! I now do plan on attending my first big event other than OP:US 2. BLIND FURY 10.

Edited by AmazingAirsofter

Google search started it all... Found the IAA made a post.. Was almost cut into little pieces by a half crazed spaniard on a 2 hour drive to S8 field. Meet Joker.. Shot lots of people.. And continue to shoot people... ....The End....

Why do I scare people. Harvest thought some similar stuff when he met me around five years ago. :D

Why do I scare people. Harvest thought some similar stuff when he met me around five years ago. :D

I thought Zero and Pointman were gonna kidnap me and take my organs so don't feel bad.

Right before I was about to meet Harvest and Pablo, I thought Harv was going to make me drink blood and Pablo was going to get me involved in a riot. But when D-Day came Harv just smiled, said "hello, nice to finally meet you," and shook my hand warmly; and Pablo and I talked about grilling recipes for an hour. But then again, your mileage may vary.

What got you into airsoft?

Well, the neighbor kids across the street back in my trailer park days had simple spring cyma pistols and we'd go shoot eachother quite often. My dad hated this, but he eventually came to terms with his son liking airsoft a bit more than real steel. I was about 8 at that time, but didn't get my own gun until I was about 13. when i was 13 my church's youth group started organizing pick up games in the woods on the church's property every other weekend, so I picked up a gun of my own. These pick up games still go on to this day. However, I didn't make it to any large scale organized games until 2011 when Elkhart Tactical still existed, and they ran a black hawk down game. I found INAC through the IAA, and through INAC I found AI.

What was your first gun?

My first gun was a crosman stinger R34. That little stinker lasted me for a good 3 years til i sold it to one of the kids in my youth group for crazy cheap since I had a sniper rifle and never used the R34 anymore.

Where does your loadout stand now?

Right now, my loadout stands as follows:

Guns:

UTG MK96 w/ some prommy and pdi upgrades, firing around 500fps w/ .2g.

JG MP5 I picked up crazy cheap from a guy in my group and fixed up.

Gear:

NC Star MOLLE OD green tactical vest

Condor hydration pack

2X Condor utility pouches

OD green drop-leg holster I picked up from Peli, though it's lonely at the moment.

1 set SM/Reg woodland BDUs

Safety goggles of course

Anything you want in the near future?

I'm looking to maybe get out of the sniper role and get a DMR platform, preferably and AUG or crazy long M4/SR25 platform. I'm just not sure if I want to part with my UTg Mk96 I've been through so much with. I also need to pick up a sidearm, as the WE M&P I did have catastrophically failed me. Breaking after 10 mags? No thanks.

Any other bits of information:

I work 2 jobs in 2 different restaurants right now, going to school this coming fall for restaurant management. I make custom pens on the side to make a little extra cash, and camping, backpacking, and mountain biking is that stuff I do like.

P1010440.jpg

I thought Zero and Pointman were gonna kidnap me and take my organs so don't feel bad.

"Get in the car...." B)

Curious thing is, the vest I am wearing in that pic has been with me the longest. The pouches have changed, I don´t own that particular launcher anymore (I own other launchers, though) and I have lost quite a nice amount of volume and weight since then.

And still, that Blind Fury was the best one I have been so far.

Right before I was about to meet Harvest and Pablo, I thought Harv was going to make me drink blood and Pablo was going to get me involved in a riot. But when D-Day came Harv just smiled, said "hello, nice to finally meet you," and shook my hand warmly; and Pablo and I talked about grilling recipes for an hour. But then again, your mileage may vary.

I´ll be back by Aug 18th and yes, I will be grilling soon.

Edited by Vacceo

• What got you into airsoft?

I started paintballing at 13 years old. Eventually found that as a young kid I couldn't afford cases of paint and finding a place to fill my C02 tanks proved to be quite the task. So Me and a couple of buddies decided to give some springers at the local Wal-Mart a shot and have been playing ever since. So basically, it was the cost efficiency compared to paint that got me started.
  • What was your first gun?

1911 Colt springers from good ol' Wally World
  • Where does your loadout stand now?

*Weapons*

KWA SR10
    -10 mags
    -1000 lumen pressure switch tac light
    -551 Replica
    -Magpul AFG
    -King Arms suppressor foam filled
    Ksc G17
    -3 standard mags
    -XST G-code holster
    UTG Tri Shotty
    -8 shells
    -shell sleeve

*Gear*

Flyye Plate carrier
    X-Hatch knee pads
    Fast Helmet w/ picatinny rail adapter for Contour cam
    Baofeng radio w/ mic
    ESS Goggles with home conversion (25mm fan+9volt battery pack) turbo fan/Revision Goggles
    Blackhawk Balaclava
    Mechanix gloves Tan, Mechanix gloves Woodland camo
    Basically every complete load out of ACU/BDU (mixed brands mostly TruSpec) and combat shirts except for winter camo.
  • Anything you want in the near future?

Pssssh Duh...

Tornado Impacts
    Thunder B's
    Magnifier (flip to side)
    Extended mags for my ksc G17
    A heavily upgraded sniper rifle
    Ghillie suit
    Another Contour Cam
    GBB Mp7/Mp9
    Tm P90
    (Insert Airsoft Item here)
  • and any other bits of information you would like to share

I like pie.

Edited by Peanut

OK, so I actually started off in college with a Marui MP5SD5 and Marui M4A1. Back in the day all there was out there was Marui and Classic Army. At the time airsoft was getting big in California, and slowly picking up in the midwest. I joined a few forums, but was unhappy with what I saw. The large majority of the people I encountered got into airsoft after seeing mentions of it in Rainbow Six forums. This is main reason why maturity and common sense are huge factors for me when it comes to airsoft, and why it bothers me so much when new people on the forums do not follow established guidelines for posting, behavior and use of the English language.

Looking at their comments, I decided I didn't want to have anything to do with this crowd, so I sold off my stuff and bought some IKEA furniture instead (I love my Malm queen-sized bed!).

So fast forward to last October. I had been playing Battlefield 3 a lot, and my wife came in one day and said, "you've been blowing shit up nonstop for weeks now. Isn't there something you can do outside?" I jokingly said "well, there's this thing called airsoft that's just like Battlefield, but it's actually outdoors and we run about and get exercise." She thought for a few seconds and said, "yeah, go do it."

And that's how I ended up here, and how my wife got to catch up with her episodes of Scandal, American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance.

Don't tell my wife, but there are more than three AEGs in my basement. There's parts for a few more. Besides, that hidden 4x4 pegboard I installed in a hidden area in the basement is kinda empty with just 3 AEGs and 1 GBB on it.

arsenal.jpg

Edited by targetpractice

I'm not surprised the Asian has a weapons cashe underground?

We all do. What did you think they meant by the "Ancient Chinese Secret?"

• 3 months later...

I've had a passion for all things military and guns since I was about 5 ( maybe younger) needless to say if i was not at home playing war I was somewhere else playing war! since that time I have attempted to familiarize myself with weapons many kinds, ever since I spotted a video of a very cool Airsoft battle in Scotland I have been excited to partake. Was not till the Cookout recently this year(last year?) that I actually played an Airsoft game and since then I have sparked a passion all over again!

My first gun that I used in Airsoft was an H&K M416 plastic body AEG(magazine did not feed very well into the chamber), And a G17 GBB pistol.(also some difficulties with the magazine((noob))).

My loadout today is... A Lancer MOLLE Plate Carrier(OD Green), Web belt with a Drop Leg holster(multicam), Set of ACU and Woodland Fatigues, PJ style FAST Helmet(black), Bobster goggles, Kevlar hard knuckle gloves(black), MB-02E Sniper+3-9X40 scope+ bipod+ 2 extra mags, M4+ Red Dot/Laser scope( 1X magnified)+ 4 Mags, Tri Shot Shotgun + plenty of Shells, AK-74U +3 mags, 1 Midland and 2 Motorola Radios, very odd headset(not quite sure), and 2 pistols( revolver C02 and G17 GBB).

I'd LOVE to get my hands on an M16A4 Full metal AEG and Multi cam Fatigues, but my gear will do just fine for now.

Airsoft is becoming my favorite Hobby aside from war reenactments (civil War, Etc.)

Endgame, while he is a little late to the party here I believe it is still relevant. I made this topic so all could share what got them into our sport and where they stand today. I, personally, see no issue here.

• Upvote 6

I, personally, see no issue here.

Fair enough. But for future reference, let's keep the necros to a minimum.

Edited by Endgame

What got me into airsoft is the fact that one day I will be joining the army. I have always grew up around guns. But my cousin suggested airsoft instead of paintball so that's how i got started. The gun that I will be getting is a Combat Machine M4 Raider. This is my first gun. In the future I want to buy a sniper and get it fully upgraded the way I want.