Regional Information/game Locations

MarksInnerDemon

I'm with BigAltes on this. Him posting kinda derailed what I was going to say. Addition is definitely better than subtraction, multiplication is far so much more superior.

By and large, this is a laid back community. Come out and meet some of us. Run and gun with us. You'll see what kinda guys we are. Personally, I'm a throw-a-grenade-in-the-room-and-let-*insert higher being* sort-them-out-and-then-go-in-and-mop-up-the-rest kinda guy.

• Upvote 1

I'm with BigAltes on this. Him posting kinda derailed what I was going to say. Addition is definitely better than subtraction, multiplication is far so much more superior.

By and large, this is a laid back community. Come out and meet some of us. Run and gun with us. You'll see what kinda guys we are. Personally, I'm a throw-a-grenade-in-the-room-and-let-*insert higher being* sort-them-out-and-then-go-in-and-mop-up-the-rest kinda guy.

Thought I smelt a fart when you walked out of the stage area the last game...

You kinda remind me of another player who was former military and also very "motivated" that recently stopped playing airsoft lol.

...trying to not go on a rant about random things brought up in this thread...

If you really would like to help us or you want to know what "you can do for us" my suggestions are simply this:

-Show up to events. It does not matter who's events or where they are, by showing up you are adding another player to the roster.

-If there is a lack of players or teams in your local area, start one. By bringing friends or team mates with you to games you add more players to the roster.

-If you have contacts or know someone who will let you use property some where, try hosting games. (This one is overly simplified and easier said than done, but you get the point).

Thats pretty much it. We are all here to have fun. Its just that some may have different ideas of what fun is. Some players are more laid back and some are "motivated". Everyone has their own reason for wanting to play airsoft. But we all want to have fun, in some way or another.

PS: I dont know if anyone has ever heard of OP: Irene hosted by Lions Claws but they have in the past hosted that event in Indiana. I doubt they would bother hosting one of their most popular events here in Indiana if we did not have the player base for it. They are kind of a big deal. /sarcasm

~Joker

• Upvote 3

Well said all around. Glad we had some good banter. Let's move on.

How does Altes keep an awesome mustache like that all year around?

Well said all around. Glad we had some good banter. Let's move on.

How does Altes keep an awesome mustache like that all year around?

It's an Altes-thing. I'm sure Lil will grow one when the time comes.

I'm not angered by what the OP has said but I do have a message for him.

Put up or shut up. All the motivation and good intentions in the world don't get a thing done unless you move on them. You're preaching to the choir here. Many MANY people within this very thread have tried and continue to do so today in order to further the state of Indiana's airsoft community. We know our problems MUCH better than you could ever give us credit. You come into our community as an outside with the answers, but you don't know the problems. Here are our main two problems as I see them.

1. Fields - We don't have enough of them. Those of us who could gain access to areas to play deal with city ordinances like in Muncie that won't even allow you to have an airsoft weapon in public without facing a misdemeanor Brandishing charge. Second offense is enhanced to a felony, FYI.

2. Pride - Many people do have fields, or areas we can use to play but pride gets in the way. Half of our state doesn't even communicate with the other half because people have too much pride to go beyond their personal feelings when it comes to other people and respect for them.

So there you have it from the eyes of a 3 year vet who has seen more airsoft games in that short time than most people would even dream about. Yes I will toot my own horn, once again, for a moment because I'd say I've had my fingers on the pulse of this state's airsoft community for some time now.

• Upvote 2

I'm pretty sure you have to be born with it. One can not merely grow one.

Or, it's an alien symbiote that realized how awesome Altes is and attached itself to his face, turning him into an airsoft god.

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure you have to be born with it. One can not merely grow one.

Or, it's an alien symbiote that realized how awesome Altes is and attached itself to his face, turning him into an airsoft god.

It's strongly possible. His guns do fire a little faster and more accurately since the 'stache's appearance.

Take the off topic discussion to the Off-Topic section. Coincidently, there's already a thread on Alte's mustache there. Use it.

I mearly wanted to see what you as a community wanted or didn't want from me so I could adjust my plans accordingly.

You have a very odd way of asking. Your original post could have been summed up in 3 sentences, and not caused all this drama. "Hey guys, I'm new to Terre Haute and this community. I was wondering what the player base was like in this area. I'd like to help host games and get the community active in my area." It's not that you're too "formal", it's that you come in with an authoritive tone, and tell everyone what you're going to do to put us on the map, right after refering to us as unmotivated. You rubbed every single person who read this thread the wrong way, that should cause a bit of self refelection. A little humility says a lot about a man's character.

Personally, I'd like to see you chill out, and step back. Come to some games, maybe start a team, and get to know the community. The first sentence in your Intro post in the Introduction section is that you're here as a businessman, with your business partner and fellow player. Not something that we are quick to trust around here, and for good reasons. If you want to start a business and make money here, show the community that's not all you're here for.

This is a very "hands-on" community, and we work well together. Anything important is handled in person, the way it ought to be. We are having a Build / Repair day January 12th in Bloomington if you are interested.

• Upvote 1

Take the off topic discussion to the Off-Topic section. Coincidentally, there's already a thread on Alte's mustache there. Use it.

Just love my fans out there ^_^ by the way boys.......................... I just shaved :o

smooth as a baby's ass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87WPVBacf5g

You have a very odd way of asking. Your original post could have been summed up in 3 sentences, and not caused all this drama. "Hey guys, I'm new to Terre Haute and this community. I was wondering what the player base was like in this area. I'd like to help host games and get the community active in my area."

Well said S_Z

By all means man... Go by some property near TERRE HAUTE (correct spelling) and start hosting games... I'll be more than happy to attend...

By all means man... Go by some property near TERRE HAUTE (correct spelling) and start hosting games... I'll be more than happy to attend...

If we're going to call out a man's spelling might as well mention that sentences don't end with three periods at the end of each sentence.

OP - If you're going to get involved do it the right way. Come out and meet the people behind the usernames, become part of the community, make your own team, and enjoy yourself. If you're really that motivated it may rub off on enough people to make the changes you want. However, you don't just walk up to another guy's car and tell him you know how to drive it better than him.

Just love my fans out there ^_^ by the way boys.......................... I just shaved :o

smooth as a baby's ass

Blasphemy! This is completely against what I stand for. Without the Altes 'stache nothing can be right in the universe! What is there to live for? What shall I praise now? Guess I'll go back to Taco Bellism! Oh, and H&Kism too...

• Upvote 1

If we're going to call out a man's spelling ,might as well mention that sentences don't end with three periods at the end of each sentence.

OP - If you're going to get involved do it the right way. Come out and meet the people behind the usernames, become part of the community, make your own team, and enjoy yourself. If you're really that motivated it may rub off on enough people to make the changes you want. However, you don't just walk up to another guy's car and tell him you know how to drive it better than him.

You should have used a comma after spelling . I fixed it for you

• Upvote 2

Hey mark I joined this forum a few weeks before you and I must say the people on here are truly some of the greatest people you could meet or get to know in indiana. As S_Z stated the wrong wording in a post can be misunderstood and seen as disrespectful to members of the community. S_Z and I had this issue, after a little back and forth it was completely cleared up and I will say he seems like one hell of a guy and very much like myself. Thoroughly read your posts since tone of voice cannot be added it may be misunderstood. No harm no foul.

I'm new to these forums, but I was on the older one for quite a bit, and I can say from my experience, alot of well intended posts have been misconstrued and the drama llama has paid a visit. But rarely, if ever, have I seen major drama out on the field or in person. The forums are good for relaying info and setting up games and just light natured entertainment/questions. But if it's serious issues or something that requires a fairly in-depth discussion/debate, I would say its probably advisable to save it for a face-to-face discussion. Text just doesn't convey the true meaning of things usually.

The guys that I know from back when are truly great guys to run with and I like every single one of them. The new guys that I've "met" on the forums this go-around seem like the same caliber of people as well. You will be hard pressed to sling plastic with better. Welcome to indiana m8.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the kind words, and yes text does lack the personal touch. I have a friend and great former boss that pushed the point home that when you would rather call you really should talk to them in person. I fully agree with this, but currently due to work, and not knowing anyone the basics must be done here. I fully plan to start interacting and also start organizeing and pushing for a new local team here in the next 2-3 months. I am currently house hunting in Brazil (centeral region from where I work), and once that is accomplished restock on batteries chargers (gave all mine away right before I left to some needy individuals). Other then that I figure by the time you guys start playing we should be at least attending some games.

Both Andrew and myself went that 1.25 hour drive every saturday (even if he was hung over) to play, and my girlfriend when she moves up will be tickled pink so to speak to join in if work permits. Currently I work for a sales company (Cellphones and I am a authorized dealer of verizon) so beyond that job thankfully I don't have anymore deployments etc which will be great. On the up side it gives me a good oppertunity to call people, and also work on side projects as well.

2. Pride - Many people do have fields, or areas we can use to play but pride gets in the way. Half of our state doesn't even communicate with the other half because people have too much pride to go beyond their personal feelings when it comes to other people and respect for them.

I'll be honest here dragon, I think your view is partially skewed. Not to long ago I found a field in Knox county called Ft. Knox and I wasn't even from your state at the time. Being from the other half of the state I would like to point out that I posted it here. I also invited people personally via text or any other method I could. I also have not limited it to just up north. I opened the field up to anybody who wants to use it regardless of affiliation. The game I hosted was even supported by one of your own, even if he wasn't able to make it. On gameday we had 2 people from down south and he plays regardless of lines. The field remains open to all of you and I know none of you have taken advantage of it. When at Irene I met and chatted with a ton of you guys there was no issue. I have talked with sz about his oria project. So please tell me what else I can do to bring more fields to the community, to your community.

• Upvote 1

I knew nothing of the field in Knox county... Very cool though... Please post up the games. When the come up

I'll be honest here dragon, I think your view is partially skewed. Not to long ago I found a field in Knox county called Ft. Knox and I wasn't even from your state at the time. Being from the other half of the state I would like to point out that I posted it here. I also invited people personally via text or any other method I could. I also have not limited it to just up north. I opened the field up to anybody who wants to use it regardless of affiliation. The game I hosted was even supported by one of your own, even if he wasn't able to make it. On gameday we had 2 people from down south and he plays regardless of lines. The field remains open to all of you and I know none of you have taken advantage of it. When at Irene I met and chatted with a ton of you guys there was no issue. I have talked with sz about his oria project. So please tell me what else I can do to bring more fields to the community, to your community.

1 person, 1 field, 1 time. You have also hosted private games, invite only where I wasn't invited. Am I correct? However, the game you're talking about I was unable to attend so it wasn't like I didn't go in spite of you.

Ok guys. I think this thread has long since passed its' usefulness. Locked. Please continue any other discussions in PMs.

• Upvote 1